Vortech input shaft seal
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #1
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Mustang GT
12.61@113.55

blownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud of

Vortech input shaft seal

So there is some oil on the front side of the blower (where the pulley is), bracket, a tad on the back side of the pulley and relocated idler pulley, and some on the bracket. It's not alot just lightly coated. My guess is the input shaft seal is leaking a little. Who has replaced the input shaft seal or had someone do it other than Vortech? Where did you get the seal from? Seems like a fairly easy job. I'm not sending the blower in for a $360 rebuild. Hans at Dean's Performance who will be installing my intercooler kit in three weeks says he has replaced the seal before. Told me to get a seal. I called Vortech and they will not sell a seal, tell you who makes it, or give you a part number. I did some of my own research.

The below links were helpful to see how to do it. One of the posts says the seal has part number 25 40 7 on it. I jammed a very bright LED light between the pulley and input shaft tonight and saw a 25 40. The 7 must be on the part of the seal that is under the input shaft so I could not get to it. One guy in one of the links mentioned that he went to the local parts store, gave them the part number, and they gave him a seal that corresponds with that part number. There are also some companies selling better than stock input shaft seals for a Vortech. The links are below.

Vortech Supercharger Seal
928 Motorsports - Porsche® 928 Performance Parts - Vortech High-Speed Seal Set V1 V2 V4 V5 V7 V9 XB-1a - Porsche® 928 World record Holder 216.63537 mph

http://www.starrland.com/Supercharge...%202-22-08.pdf

oil leak from vortech? - SVTPerformance

TRD Vortech Supercharger Seal Repair FAQ - Scionlife.com

Vortech V1 S, 3.12 pulley, Procharger 3 core intercooler: 411/402 @ 12psi
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 18th, 2012, 11:25 PM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2003 Mustang GT
12.61@113.55

blownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud ofblownstang has much to be proud of

Found these on ebay. I read Viton is the way to go. Last one only says it is Viton.

Metric Oil Shaft Seal 25 x 40 x 07 25x40x7 Double Lip | eBay

National Federal Mogal Seal 25x40x7 New in box | eBay

HUSQVARNA KTM CAGIVA Engine Seal Viton 25x40x7 Double Lip | eBay

Vortech V1 S, 3.12 pulley, Procharger 3 core intercooler: 411/402 @ 12psi
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:34 PM   #3
The Beast

00 Mustang GT Vert/88 5.0

SSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond reputeSSG Pate has a reputation beyond repute

Good info man I will keep this in mind if I ever have that issue with my Vortech.

Convertible Crew Founder
Proud Iraq and Afghanistan War veteran
604 RWHP 516 FT LB
11.50@121.77@ 523RWHP
Vortech T Trim @18 PSI
Turbo build underway
BUILD THREAD http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...has-begun.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Vortech input shaft seal
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tail Shaft Seal Leak sixstang V6 Mustangs 4 April 9th, 2011 01:05 AM
front input shaft seal is a fn sob huh! billx55 96 - 98 3 May 17th, 2010 05:43 PM
03 Terminator Half Shaft seal b-on-b 5.0 4V / SVT 1 January 29th, 2010 07:49 PM
Drive shaft seal? spetsnaz103 99 - 04 8 May 10th, 2009 12:23 AM
Leaking output shaft seal. gotboost562 5.0 Mustangs 1 August 12th, 2007 05:30 AM