Modded Mustang Forums banner

Missing/Hesitation

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Abb0 
#1 ·
Hey Team,

I'm really enjoying the Mustang now that it's up and running again. One possible problem I'm having is a miss or a "hesitation while cruising at a constant speed. It's not bad, more of a feeling that it's not quite right if you know what I mean. Not really a miss, it almost feels like a fuel starvation or something similar.
It's hard to describe to be honest.
Any ideas where I might start looking?

#3 ·
That's the thing, it's only when I'm holding a constant speed. Acceleration seems good.

#4 ·
Our van with the 5.4l would missfire when it was cruising at 1800rpms because of a couple weak coil packs, didn't matter if it was under load or not, it happened on muggy/rainy days at first until it would do it daily replaced the bad coil packs and no problems since.

#5 ·
Before changing the coils replace the boots instead! People are so quick to go spend money for those expensive ass coils when you can get all eight boots for the price of one coil and that is usually the problem! The boots are rubber and crack from dry rotting. It definitely sounds like a missfire and I would begin with the plugs and coil boots!

Reactions: Abb0
#6 ·
Tainted is right. Check out your boots. If they're tore up up they can cause the spark to jump or whatever.

My COP's first misfired under heavy load, and shortly after, they would miss while cruising.
How many miles on the car?
It seems like COP's start shitting out at +/- 100k.

Reactions: Abb0
#7 ·
The car is at 102k although the engine is new. The COPs wern't replaced. I'll have a look at the boots first.

Thanks Team.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.