Driver's side window won't roll down
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:26 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Rock out with my Mach out

03 Mach 1/93 5.0 LX Hatch

Torched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura about

Driver's side window won't roll down

When I got to my car after work, the window wouldn't roll down...It's done it before, but after not using it for a while it went back to working. It sounds stupid, but it only did it when the temperature was extremely hot outside (like today). I doubt that has anything to do with it, but what should I check for? It's hot out and I hate A/C's!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2
MM Fanatic

2003 Cobra (vert)

Aceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to allAceswild 02 is a name known to all

It is definitely from the heat. Mine used to do it on very hot days, when I DDed it.
I know some other guys that have had the same exact issue. It would usually start workin after driving for a bit with the ac on...or it would work the next morning.
Never happens anymore since the car sits in the garage all day.

MM Cobra Club #2.6
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
8.86 @ 83.7mph

02BlueMustangGT is on a distinguished road

mine will stick when rolled down occasionally. sad to say, i just beat the shit outta the door spot where the motors located. free's up usually. just shut the door harder than usual, if it dont work try removing the door panel and hit the door where the motor is.
TRUE BLUE CREW MEMBER #7

2002 GT 5spd-Borla Stingers-Bassani O/R X pipe-BBK CAI-BBK 75mm TB-C&L Plenum-B&M short throw-JDM Race Seats-FRPP 4.10's-SCT Tuned by Bama-Lowered
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #4
Wanna be show worthy.

2004 Mustang GT
N/A

B's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud ofB's04gt has much to be proud of

Mine did this last year when we were pushing 100*+ temps

Just drive with the A/C on for a few blocks and it'll roll down.

Mods: -Eibach Pro Kit - K&N - Tuned for 91 octane - SLP - Visual Shit-

i love Uranus
Old June 7th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #5
MM Official Sammich Maker

1972 Chevelle
12.5@115

Roos is a splendid one to beholdRoos is a splendid one to beholdRoos is a splendid one to beholdRoos is a splendid one to beholdRoos is a splendid one to beholdRoos is a splendid one to beholdRoos is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 02BlueMustangGT View Post
mine will stick when rolled down occasionally. sad to say, i just beat the shit outta the door spot where the motors located. free's up usually. just shut the door harder than usual, if it dont work try removing the door panel and hit the door where the motor is.
That is exactly what I do lol and 9/10 it works.
I think it's pretty common on our cars for the motor to stick a little bit when hot out.
99 Mustang GT bolt on's and 93 tune Sold
1995 RZS TT 6 speed Supra

Old June 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Bawse

2003 Mustang GT

juans03gt is on a distinguished road

mine used to do it all the time in this Houston weather.... after a plenty clicks on the window switches it would work if not i would leave it alone and it would work the next day lol .. i would have to say that its cus of the heat
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Regular

shadowslayer460 is on a distinguished road

Mine did that, just had someone push on the top as it was going down and it went ahead and went.
Im guessing it was off track
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #8
Mach1 FTW

04 Comp. Orange Mach1

LGHTNG02GT is just really niceLGHTNG02GT is just really niceLGHTNG02GT is just really niceLGHTNG02GT is just really nice

i had a similar problem in my ranger. it ended up being a bad ground for the motor. the only other thing i would suspect is the one-touch down relay.

2004 Competition Orange Mach 1
4.10 gears and all the usual BS
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:02 PM   #9
gdl
Regular

99 Cobra, 03 Mach1, 07 CS

gdl is a jewel in the roughgdl is a jewel in the roughgdl is a jewel in the rough

Very common problem with these cars. Rapping on the motor or slamming the door will usually work for awhile but eventually you'll have to replace the motor. The easiest thing to do is replace the entire regulator/motor assembly.

Mustang Power Window Regulator and Motor LH (94-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

2007 Redfire California Special
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...n/2007GTCS.jpg

2003 Dark Shadow Grey Mach 1
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...born/Mach1.jpg

1999 Black Cobra Vert - SOLD
Old June 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #10
Bawse

2003 Mustang GT

juans03gt is on a distinguished road

i tried installing a new window motor on mine.. 30 minutes of attempting i gave up smacked where the motor was on the door and it worked fine... also got my money refunded for the new motor awwwwee yeeeeaaa!
Old June 10th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #11
Rock out with my Mach out

03 Mach 1/93 5.0 LX Hatch

Torched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura aboutTorched03Mach has a spectacular aura about

I just couldn't figure out what the problem was and then I started thinking about the time it happened last year and how hot it was...definitely a pain in the ass lol but like the last time, it's working again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/265470-drivers-side-window-wont-roll-down.html
Posted By For Type Date
Driver's side window won't roll down This thread Refback June 9th, 2012 01:14 AM

Threads Similar to: Driver's side window won't roll down
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Driver's side window vibration BryLMoo General Car Care & Detailing 0 June 27th, 2010 08:58 PM
Driver's side window RottManK9 99 - 04 7 May 25th, 2010 10:36 AM
Driver's Side Window Problem! Screamin' Demon 99 - 04 4 March 14th, 2010 05:25 AM
my driver side window won't roll back up GatoStang V6 Mustangs 7 July 16th, 2007 06:35 PM