Putting the Jack and Spare tire back in the car
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:13 AM   #1

2002 Mustang GT

02withgo is on a distinguished road
Angry

Putting the Jack and Spare tire back in the car

Ok so I have searched the forum but I cannot find any information on how the hell I get the jack and spare tire back into the trunk like it is supposed to. If there is a thread that already explains this could someone please direct me to it. If there isn't one please help me retain my sanity by explaining how this god forsaken jack goes back into the car. Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:16 AM   #2
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

1967 Mustang
2002 Roush 360R

Blue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to behold

Jack goes under where the spare goes with the L shaped threaded piece going through it. Then the spare goes over it with the L shaped piece coming through the middle then the bolt tightened down over them. Not sure if that helps at all though

67 Coupe
03 Roush: sold
02 Roush 360R
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:23 AM   #3
!FACEPLATED!

2002 Mustang GT
7.84 @ 86.01

F8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond reputeF8L GT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to F8L GT

thats pretty much it. You slide your threaded j hook into the hump at the bottom of the spare tire well, slide the hole thats in the handle of the jack over the j hook, then the tire goes in. After that theres a washer that is used to hold the tire down then its all held snug with a big plastic wing nut

MM Bracket Racing Crew Co-Founder

Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:52 AM   #4
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Bullitt, 2004 3.9l

Filly has a spectacular aura aboutFilly has a spectacular aura aboutFilly has a spectacular aura about

The jack needs to be half way compressed, I believe to where it's diamond shaped to fit under the wheel.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:56 AM   #5

2002 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Blue67coupe View Post
Jack goes under where the spare goes with the L shaped threaded piece going through it. Then the spare goes over it with the L shaped piece coming through the middle then the bolt tightened down over them. Not sure if that helps at all though
Thanks. That does help. One more thing though how does the jack sit under there cause I thought I had it in the way that you described it but when I put the tire on top of the jack it sticks up past the well and makes it so the trunk liner doesn't sit flush.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 02:58 AM   #6

2002 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Filly View Post
The jack needs to be half way compressed, I believe to where it's diamond shaped to fit under the wheel.
So not all the way compressed? This may be my problem. I was thinking that it needed to be fully collapsed.
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #7
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

1967 Mustang
2002 Roush 360R

Blue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 02withgo View Post
So not all the way compressed? This may be my problem. I was thinking that it needed to be fully collapsed.
The jack has to be open just enough to clean the wheel but far enough down to avoid being in the way of the wheel. Sounds odd but it is a certain spot that it fits just right.

67 Coupe
03 Roush: sold
02 Roush 360R
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:14 AM   #8

2002 Mustang GT

Awesome. Thanks Blue, Filly, and F8L for your help
Old August 3rd, 2012, 03:54 AM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT
34.82 @ 21

Kevin C has a spectacular aura aboutKevin C has a spectacular aura about

Heh. I put my spare tire back in, but I don't remember if I even bought my car with the threaded hook, and my stock jack was a POS. I used it for two oil changes, and the handle bent. I'll just hope I don't ever get a flat far from home, and if I do, can always flag a friendly person down. Did a 600 mile trip in May, 250 mile trip yesterday, no issues.

Got a flat last year, about 3 miles from home. I was on a back road with only a few houses, decided to knock on a random door. Met a very cool older couple, the guy was glad to help out. After we ran to my house, grabbed my spare, got that on, he showed me his first car that he said he had since about 15 years old, sitting out back of his garage. A '69 Mach 1 in need of a massive restoration.

One good thing about Chevys. My Camaro's nearly 30 year old, stock jack, works perfectly. Lifts the Mustang up effortlessly. Everything else about that car is useless though.
'86 Camaro Iroc - Sitting in a shed torn apart
'13 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R - Wat lol

Check My Garage for mods and pictures
Old August 3rd, 2012, 11:23 AM   #10
Regular

2002 GT

new2mustangs is on a distinguished road

Glad ya got it figured out 02. I had the same fight with my 02 just about to the point of beating the piss out of it! lol Gotta love the old timers barn finds kevin the stories that they tell are priceless!
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Putting the Jack and Spare tire back in the car
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
spare tire won't fit hardhitter 99 - 04 3 July 10th, 2009 08:16 AM
spare and jack energiesource 99 - 04 28 April 4th, 2009 12:48 AM
spare tire? mustang kid 1989 V6 Mustangs 3 September 1st, 2008 02:54 PM
Spare tire...... 06GTMustang89 The Clubhouse 47 October 12th, 2007 11:05 AM