Modded Mustang Forums banner

Where to mount wideband?

2K views 34 replies 11 participants last post by  Mr. Red Pony 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Yeah I would do the steering column one. I have the dash pod with my Boost/Vav and wideband in there. But Im going to buy an oil pressure gauge, keep the boost/vac and oil in the dash pod, and put the wideband in the steering column one.

#8 ·
I like the column mounts. I've seen a couple in person, and they fit pretty good. I mounted mine where my stock head unit was an aftermarket unit to the place where my stock CD player was. I made the pod out of ABS for about $15. I've still got room for two more in the future. With you're car being a double din, that's probably not an option for you unless you swap it out. I think go with the column mount.

I've had this in the car for about 3 months and still haven't hooked it up...

#10 ·
I have a double din though. I think I'll do the AZ one for temp then eventually get the pod. Really right not I need function more than form. I just need the gauge in plain sight. I was even thinking of just zip tying it to the column for a few days.

#29 ·
What company? I may 'trim' the inside of the vent to get the gauge to fit properly. I like it hidden, but if I want, I can pop out the vent for full visibility.

#31 ·
Well I ended up putting it in the A/C vent. I can pop the grill out for full view of leave it there to hide it, but I can still read it. Took me all of ten minutes with my dremal.

I would wire it up, but I forgot to get butt connectors from work. :/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.