4V Swap...
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Regular

GTPowered4.6L is on a distinguished road

4V Swap...

So I love my car and it is paid for. The color scheme is exactly what I wanted for the longest time and I finally got it. I was thinking about blowing it this summer but a friend of mine threw out the idea of doing a swap first to get the go fast bug out there then blowing that in a few years. My car is mint and I know every detail down to every nut and bolt that has been turned or replaced. What are you guys thoughts on this? I know most will say to get a cobra but to me having a clean looking sleeper gt is more my style...
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 mustang GT
13.49@103 BLOWIN TIRES

02TrickFlowGT has a spectacular aura about02TrickFlowGT has a spectacular aura about

I say if your down, DO IT, Id like to do it honestly
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #3
Regular

Originally Posted by 02TrickFlowGT View Post
I say if your down, DO IT, Id like to do it honestly
I think im going too. I already have a 99/01 cobra front and a y2k hood. That look, wingless, DD FR's, and a 4V swap would be pretty sick. Is there a company out their that sells a kit to purchase. I am not much on piecing things together...
Old January 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #4
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Mustang
Slow Ride. Take It Easy.

dsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud of

That 4v swap is going to cost you a lot more then a built 2v. If I were you, i'd just build your 2v and slap a blower on it.

Would you be buying a termi longblock or just forging your block and throwing on 4v heads?

Dark Shadow Gray
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #5
MM Fanatic

Supra w/ Fat Suit

02gtKev has a spectacular aura about02gtKev has a spectacular aura about02gtKev has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post
That 4v swap is going to cost you a lot more then a built 2v. If I were you, i'd just build your 2v and slap a blower on it.

Would you be buying a termi longblock or just forging your block and throwing on 4v heads?
I say the best budget 4v is the Lincoln MKVIII swap....you can find decent mileage running long blocks for under $800.

Old January 8th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #6
Regular

1996 Mustang GT

chrisv_10 is on a distinguished road

I bought a running 95mark viii for 600. Made money back on selling the trans, the body, and the 2v. Check out my build.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #7
Harvester of Sorrow

404-car not found

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GTPowered4.6L View Post
So I love my car and it is paid for. The color scheme is exactly what I wanted for the longest time and I finally got it. I was thinking about blowing it this summer but a friend of mine threw out the idea of doing a swap first to get the go fast bug out there then blowing that in a few years. My car is mint and I know every detail down to every nut and bolt that has been turned or replaced. What are you guys thoughts on this? I know most will say to get a cobra but to me having a clean looking sleeper gt is more my style...
I fully support this decision.

It worked out great for me.

Originally Posted by dsgpony View Post

Not true. Mine was about on par with a built 2v.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Anandavenkatakrishnan

Mustang
Slow Ride. Take It Easy.

dsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud ofdsgpony has much to be proud of

You must of got a good deal.

Dark Shadow Gray
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:24 PM   #9
Regular

1985 Mustang SVO
I prefer turns

SVO85 is on a distinguished road

I love my 4V swap, there's no kit really needed. There's plenty of write ups out there on how to do it. I used this guide for the most part, minus the special touches Modular Revolution Forums. Just be aware before you start that some of the stuff is getting a little harder and or more expensive to get a hold of, stuff like the throttle cable and coolant crossover tube for example. There's also a lot of stuff that will nickle and dime you so be prepared to do some searching.
Old January 8th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Enthusiast

1996 mystic cobra

97SVT will become famous soon enough

I did not even know that they sold a kit for it link please
Old January 9th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #11
Regular

The more and more I have researched it the more I do not think I want to go that route. My original thought was that I would just swap in a mach or cobra engine and build from there. After looking at some of the 2V builds I may just go that route. I do not need major power. I loved my 99 cobra and how the engine rev'd to forever. If I had 400ish RWHP that would be plenty for me. I just want something that I could get on it if I had to on the street and maybe make a few passes in the mid to low 12's at the track.
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #12
Proofs in Performance

02 Mustang GT
9.99@137

y2k02 is a splendid one to beholdy2k02 is a splendid one to beholdy2k02 is a splendid one to beholdy2k02 is a splendid one to beholdy2k02 is a splendid one to beholdy2k02 is a splendid one to beholdy2k02 is a splendid one to behold

Your 2v can rev just as high as the cobra. Ported stock heads, valve springs, cams, longtube headers and front tubular suspension will get you low to mid 12's.

Home built and tuned with SCT PRP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.