My Car Leaks Everywhere Possible
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Discipline.

2005 Mustang GT
Don't Know

LZREDGT is a jewel in the roughLZREDGT is a jewel in the roughLZREDGT is a jewel in the rough

It's starting to piss me off. The fucking thing only has 50k miles and the differential leaks, the tranny has always leaked, and now the passenger side of the engine is leaking oil. The differential and transmission aren't much cause for concern. But the engine is irritating. I'm not going to fix it until it starts to leak so bad the dip stick actually shows a decrease in oil between the period of oil changes, which will hopefully not happen within the next 4 years and 30k miles of me owning it. I finally got the car to the point where I can autocross the hell out of it, daily drive it, and take it on trips. If all these little leaks turn into something big later on I'm gonna be even more pissed. Every time the car is on a lift I can see something dripping off of the transmission, the rear end is always moist, and the passenger side of the engine block is now wet all of the time. I can't wait to have a Mustang that I can drive the piss out of on the weekends and not put daily wear and tear on. I love my car, but fuck this is annoying.
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #2
Regular

2001 Mustang GT
not sure...

Mootang is on a distinguished road

If there isnt a noticeable drop on the dipstick in between oil changes dont sweat the oil leak.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #3
Enthusiast

2001 mustang GT
12.67@110.34

kennyGT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kennyGT

Originally Posted by Mootang View Post
If there isnt a noticeable drop on the dipstick in between oil changes dont sweat the oil leak.
unless you want to go to the track.
97 GT automatic-SOLD
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Discipline.

2005 Mustang GT
Don't Know

LZREDGT is a jewel in the roughLZREDGT is a jewel in the roughLZREDGT is a jewel in the rough

Yeah that's what I keep telling myself. I've always put 6 quarts of oil in, so even with a leak it should still be fine. The thought of an oil leak is still uneasy though. It really wouldn't be a big deal unless I can start to smell it all the time, see it smoking down the road every day, or the oil level gets low.
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Regular

2001 Mustang GT
not sure...

Mootang is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by kennyGT View Post
unless you want to go to the track.
If its just seeping that wont matter will it? ive never been to the track
Old February 16th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #6
Discipline.

2005 Mustang GT
Don't Know

If its just seeping that wont matter will it? ive never been to the track
With how little mine is seeping I don't think it would be noticeable unless the car sat in the same spot for an hour or more... then there might be one or two drops on the ground.
Old February 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #7
Regular

2003 Mustang GT

M_Canole03 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LZREDGT View Post
With how little mine is seeping I don't think it would be noticeable unless the car sat in the same spot for an hour or more... then there might be one or two drops on the ground.
If I were you I would hit the bottom of the engine with carb cleaner and wipe it all down. Drive it for a little while and put it back on the lift so you can really see where the oil is actually leaking from. It could be just the oil pan or something which isint as bad as maybe a valve cover gasket. The rear end is an easy fix if you just take off the cover plate to the diff and re-seal it so long as its not bent. It gives you a chance to throw some fresh oil in as well. It could aslso just be the tranny or motor leaking back on the diff as you drive.
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #8
Harvester of Sorrow

404-car not found

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by M_Canole03 View Post
If I were you I would hit the bottom of the engine with carb cleaner and wipe it all down. Drive it for a little while and put it back on the lift so you can really see where the oil is actually leaking from.
Protip: Clean it off, then hit it with some white spray paint. That will make spotting it even easier.

They actually paint marine engines all white for just that reason.
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #9
Discipline.

2005 Mustang GT
Don't Know

Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
Protip: Clean it off, then hit it with some white spray paint. That will make spotting it even easier.

They actually paint marine engines all white for just that reason.
Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. I'm just gonna let it go for now. I've bothered my friend enough lately with the lift at his work and such. Like I said, the oil leak won't be a big deal until I start losing oil enough to make a difference on the dipstick, or someone at autocross notices something and tells me to get it fixed; it's really not that bad yet though so I just need to stop fretting. Thanks again.
Old February 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM   #10
Disturbin' The Peace

2002 SVT Lightning

4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold4.6DreameR is a splendid one to behold

Oil pan gasket is common on these cars. Pain to replace....
In the 21st century, information is power, to where any human being can learn how to do anything with the touch of a button. With that the most powerful thing a person can do is share ideas and information.
Old February 17th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #11
Mustang Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

sick_2v is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 4.6DreameR View Post
Oil pan gasket is common on these cars. Pain to replace....
Mine leaks a little from the oil pan!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old February 17th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #12
MM Fanatic

2002 Mustang
11.47@130

Froush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud of

Go buy some gaskets and replace stuff. The differential would be an easy fix. Trans and engine id have to see it. Like everyone else said. Jack it up and wipe everything down. Leave it on jack stands and let it run for 10-15 minutes. Put some cardboard under there to see where about it drips. And then search for it. Thats about all you can do. Most likely its a gasket but it could be something as little as a bolt not being tightened all the way
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...shs-build.html

Laser Red Crew #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.