v6 to GT front bumper?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:49 AM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2013 Dodge Dart RallyE

Walkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really nice

v6 to GT front bumper?

Alright, I need a new front bumper at some point in the future and was considering a GT front so I could get some HID fog and headlights and make it match and all that, but what wiring would I need to make the foglights work with my v6 headlight wiring and stuff, Do you just need to replace the entire wiring setup with the GT wires or what? Any info or links will be repped of course, i give reps out like candy

Always Clean Crew
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:55 AM   #2
Swelly Life

2004 Mustang v6

RunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud of

Google it!

There's a special wiring kit, but I can't remember who makes it. IIRC it's like $80 without fogs. GL

20 & Chasing Tail At College
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:58 AM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2013 Dodge Dart RallyE

Walkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really niceWalkin Kamikaze is just really nice

$80 for the kit..? I mean I wont mind spending in the $500 range for the finished fogs installed painted to match bumper, and I COULD get an 03-04 cobra bumper, but with the fogs and bezels and chin spoiler for that, it's a lot more money.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

and I posted so that I could get some opinions/info that might be harder to find than just a google, it's 2 at night, so i'll let replies come in til tomorrow afternoon and check again, thanks though

Always Clean Crew
Old March 2nd, 2013, 01:58 AM   #4
Swelly Life

2004 Mustang v6

RunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud ofRunninOn6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Walkin Kamikaze View Post
$80 for the kit..? I mean I wont mind spending in the $500 range for the finished fogs installed painted to match bumper, and I COULD get an 03-04 cobra bumper, but with the fogs and bezels and chin spoiler for that, it's a lot more money.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

and I posted so that I could get some opinions/info that might be harder to find than just a google, it's 2 at night, so i'll let replies come in til tomorrow afternoon and check again, thanks though
I'm going the Cobra route, but not getting the chin spoiler. Just gonna cut the front springs some to help with that.

20 & Chasing Tail At College
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:25 AM   #5
MM Fanatic

2002 Mustang
11.47@130

Froush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud of

Why not just cut the plastic grills out of the fog light area. Find some fog lights and a fog light button to go in you stock location. Then run a positive and negative wire along the passenger side to that button. You car already has power to the button. I went through the same place the ecu wiring goes under the fender. Unless you absolutely need a new bumper there is no reason to get a "gt" bumper. They are the same if you cut those plastic pieces out that i mentioned

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 AM ----------

My way would cost you a lot less. You can use regular 16-18 gauge wiring from home depot. Please dont buy an $80 kit. Thats just ridiculous
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...shs-build.html

Laser Red Crew #3
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2013 Dodge Dart RallyE

No, i absolutely NEED a new bumper. and It's easier/cheaper to get a GT bumper used is it not? If I can grab one that's only got surface damage, then I can have a brand new bumper after it's re-painted. Mine currently has some dents in it from a few bumps from people, so a new bumper is needed regardless. I might have a change in mind and choose an aftermarket bumper, who knows. Just wanted know what it would take to incorporate the foglights into the wiring I already have and does that mean they will run when my running lights are on or only with my headlights, that kinda stuff. Not electrically inclined to do TOO much, but if i can get good instructions i'd give it a go over summer maybe.

Always Clean Crew
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:09 AM   #7
MM Fanatic

2002 Mustang
11.47@130

Froush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud ofFroush has much to be proud of

Im not very electrically inclined either. But if you wire the wires to the stock switch, it will work like its supposed to. They can be on when running lights or low beams are on and automatically shut off with high beams. You can also push the button and they will turn off
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...shs-build.html

Laser Red Crew #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.