Full Bolt On with Cam RWHP?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

1997 Mustang GT
Faster than an s4

ModMustang97GT has a spectacular aura aboutModMustang97GT has a spectacular aura aboutModMustang97GT has a spectacular aura about

Full Bolt On with Cam RWHP?

So I'm trying to figuer out what kind of power I will be puting down with my PI swap, 70mm TB Plenum, Stage 2 Cams, CAI, and a full Exhaust with LT headers, H pipe and Catback and a SCT Tune. I have stock gears, but I'm trying to figure out how much I will puting to the ground. I would like to be able to do about 350rwhp but I'm sure I need a port and polish for that. Any idea what kind of HP #'s I will have?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2007, 06:16 PM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

Drgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Drgnracin72 Send a message via Yahoo to Drgnracin72

270-280 rwhp. gonna be hard to get 350 rwhp all motor. do some searching and youll find a bunch of threadssa bout why its very hard. its not impossible, but it wont be streetable and not cheap at all. thats why forced induction on these cars is so popular

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
One Big Ass Mistake America

SHEEPDOGS
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to say 280 myself but then I figured since the cams were stage 2 and all it would give him a few extra ponies.
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:35 PM   #4
mm's nitrous mod

2000 mustang gt
11.79@115.83 (old set up)

SWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud ofSWEET2KSTANG has much to be proud of

right around 300. your compression will be higher than ours, you will make n/a power a little easier.

project warhorse under construction
wagon burner built! track times coming soon!(04 lightning)

being built by MP2 Performance
follow shop builds on facebook at: MP2 Performance
Old August 17th, 2007, 06:45 PM   #5

Drgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of lightDrgnracin72 is a glorious beacon of light

itll make it easier but not enopugh to get 300 rwhp with cams only. helkl need some badass heads along with those cams to get that kind of power

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

SHEEPDOGS
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #6
Assistant to the Manager

'14 Focus ST
?????

Smoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama

Doesn't ford make racing heads for the 96-98 stangs?

Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
Old August 17th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #7
Assistant to the Manager

'14 Focus ST
?????

Smoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to beholdSmoothgrandmama is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Smoothgrandmama Send a message via Yahoo to Smoothgrandmama

Like 35 hp easy?

Join The MM Facebook:
Modded Mustangs Facebook

Vote For Modded Mustangs Ride of the Month

Eskimo Brothers To Smooth: Safi, Blitz34, Graystang01, WillTheThrill, Bwal, 101Fng

Originally Posted by Smoothgrandmama View Post
Procrastinators unite!..............Tomorrow.
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #8
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

yeah at 900 bucks each unassembled with a matching intake that is 1600 plus new rails and everything it will cost ove 4000 to get one running the way I would want it to!

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:19 PM   #9

its much cheaper, more reliable, and better driveability, and streetable with forced induction

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SHEEPDOGS
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:29 PM   #10
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold

yeah but wats teh fun in haveing the same thing as every other stang? I am going for 300 RWHP and TQ once i have my swap done! I just need money so I can get my other mods I want to do while its apart!

Special Thanks to:

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

2013 Mustang GT
12.34@113.20

sonicblue will become famous soon enough

yea but when you get smoked by a gt that just has a blower and nothing else you will be pissed at your self for spending twice as much as him
2004 mustang gt 520rwhp, 491 trq sold
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #12
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

Even better: buy a camshaft with a profile that is blower/turbo friendly. Then later on down the road you can toss a blower on it and have the best of both worlds.

Originally Posted by bluebandit!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GAYYYYYY!!!!

Old August 17th, 2007, 11:12 PM   #13
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

Nitrous FTW

Special Thanks to:

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old August 17th, 2007, 11:15 PM   #14
Guydudebro

2007 Mustang GT
No Track, No Time

TheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond reputeTheUNZippee! has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to TheUNZippee!

Stickers FTL

Originally Posted by bluebandit!
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GAYYYYYY!!!!

Old August 18th, 2007, 08:28 AM   #15
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 Mustang SVT Cobra

04GTAMPA will become famous soon enough

Resources, resources... You can get 300+ with heads/cams. May I suggest Nitrous...

Or just do like the rest of the world. Take the easy route and slap a blower on it. This is a never-ending story of modifications. You'll eventually build the block, then add more power and so on...
MM Cobra Club Member #81
"TAMPA BAY AREA CREW"
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:14 AM   #16
Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

Chris02 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sonicblue
yea but when you get smoked by a gt that just has a blower and nothing else you will be pissed at your self for spending twice as much as him
+1
Old August 18th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #17
Regular

Nate's4.6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sonicblue
+1

When he goes by, you will say "damn I should have just got a blower".
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:05 PM   #18

its not nesecarily the easy route, i mean it is, but its not worth building a n/a 2v. they simply dont breath. there is no such thing as a good flowing 2v head. it doesnt exist and never will. atleast not for these cars.

thats why you have to force the air into the combustiin chamber. IE: forced induction

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SHEEPDOGS
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

droppedbass87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to droppedbass87

plus 35 a blottle of nitrous gets old..i have it for just right now cuz boost cost$...
Old August 18th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #20
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

well! I dont want a blower! I want to be different, and stephan, the 2V heads flow much more air when the bore is opened up to 3.700. It is less restrictive of a flow then. Also I will be spending a lot less on my head cam swap than some blower! If i were to go blown, it would be novi 2000. I felll that I will have one of the most powerful 2v N/A stangs here in CO. Let me tell you. I dont see blowers working that well here! 06 GT with a 10 PSI pulley, only runs 14.8s? seems odd to me!

Special Thanks to:

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Full Bolt On with Cam RWHP?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full Bolt On with Cams RWHP? ModMustang97GT 96 - 98 15 August 18th, 2007 11:37 AM
Full bolt-ons 2000Mustang V6 Mustangs 45 August 6th, 2007 08:12 PM
full bolt on 4.2L ? itschristorres8 V6 Mustangs 20 May 16th, 2007 09:45 AM
FULL Bolt-ons? Avaric3 V6 Mustangs 10 April 23rd, 2007 09:49 PM
Full bolt-ons ByPopularDemand V6 Mustangs 6 March 15th, 2007 06:56 PM