Car won't crank no power to solenoid?? Stumped..
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Jesshawk35

99 gt red
5@200

jesshawk35 is on a distinguished road

Car won't crank no power to solenoid?? Stumped..

My 99 gt won't crank. I'm stumped.. It's got power up to the clutch switch but then at the relay in the distribution box there is no power going to the switch (in the relay) I'm thinking maybe it's the pats system, maybe the key needs reprogrammed. But the theft light comes on when I turn the key on but then it goes off and stays off. Anyone have any suggestions? It's not a bad power or ground because I can jump power to the solenoid wire and it cranks. Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Harvester of Sorrow

404-car not found

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

PATS will only cut fuel, it will still crank.

Did you verify voltage after the clutch switch?

Where in Indiana btw?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3
Jesshawk35

99 gt red
5@200

Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
PATS will only cut fuel, it will still crank.

Did you verify voltage after the clutch switch?

Where in Indiana btw?
I'm in Syracuse about 45 mins from south bend. There is voltage after the switch, I tested it and i also have it jumped at the moment.
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Harvester of Sorrow

404-car not found

WickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond reputeWickedSnake00 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the wiring diagram it should go from the clutch switch to the solenoid.

Can you back trace it from the solenoid? It should go through the chassis harness (same trunk as the starter power and block ground).
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 20th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #5
Jesshawk35

99 gt red
5@200

Originally Posted by WickedSnake00 View Post
According to the wiring diagram it should go from the clutch switch to the solenoid.

Can you back trace it from the solenoid? It should go through the chassis harness (same trunk as the starter power and block ground).
it has no cranking power to the relay so it has to be something in between the relay and clutch switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.