What do I need for a Kenne Bell
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #1

Austin Lenihan is on a distinguished road

What do I need for a Kenne Bell

I have a 2001 mustang gt with a mmr900. Just a cobra motor and everything else is mostly uprgades like injectors, pistons, and so on. Its ready to be supercharged because it had a procharger in it a year ago. Of course, I would rather go with a procharger but i dont have the money, I can afford a kenne bell supercharger most likly used. My question is what other parts do I need? because the actual blower? I will prolly need a different manifold. Please look my my engine bay to help me out.Just lookin for ore horses Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails
What do I need for a Kenne Bell-mustang.jpg  
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #2
MM Fanatic

Terminator
11.23@124

bottled2v is a name known to allbottled2v is a name known to allbottled2v is a name known to allbottled2v is a name known to allbottled2v is a name known to allbottled2v is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to bottled2v

I'd piece together a t-trim setup, would be cheaper than a kb for sure unless you find a steal on one.

Assuming you have a mmr 900 shortblock, and cobra top end, you'd prolly just need a kb for a 4v, plus lower intake and intercooler and all the intercooler parts for it(lines, heat exchanger, tank, pump, etc).

You also may need injectors(60's), maf or a mafia, and either fuel pump upgrades and/or bap.

'03 cobra- ported/pullied, bolt ons, built sra w/ 3.73s, 70 shot, wot box- 11.2@125
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #3
MM's V6 Hater

2006 Mustang Gt
8.0@90

Cabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud ofCabikejumper has much to be proud of

Need to know what else I need for a supercharger

Why not just edit your original thread?

If you want a KB just order it off their website.
Old September 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #4
MM Fanatic

99 limited edition vert

limited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to alllimited is a name known to all

does KB offer a kit for B heads? thought they discontinued it or do you have C heads?
Old September 20th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

97 Mustang Cobra

xandraxal is a splendid one to beholdxandraxal is a splendid one to beholdxandraxal is a splendid one to beholdxandraxal is a splendid one to beholdxandraxal is a splendid one to beholdxandraxal is a splendid one to beholdxandraxal is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cabikejumper View Post
Need to know what else I need for a supercharger

Why not just edit your original thread?

If you want a KB just order it off their website.
What he said
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #6
a.k.a. Racecougar

2004 Mustang GT

Tang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant futureTang Stang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Austin Lenihan View Post
Of course, I would rather go with a procharger but i dont have the money, I can afford a kenne bell supercharger most likly used.
That statement simply doesn't make sense. Centrifugal setups are known for being noticeably less expensive than twin-screws.

Originally Posted by limited View Post
does KB offer a kit for B heads? thought they discontinued it or do you have C heads?
Yes, KB offers a kit for the "B" heads, however the engine shown in the original post is a "C" head ('99/'01 Cobra) setup. The '99/'01 Cobra Kenne Bell kit has been discontinued.

2004 Ford Mustang GT-The Driver-BBK CAI, PP TB & Inlet, Steeda UD's, SLP LM1, & 3.73's.
1990 Mercury Cougar XR7-The Meth Addict-5.0L DOHC Stroker w/2.1L KB SC.
1995 Ford F150-Mud Toy-5.0L, 4x4, 33's, & Warn 8274 Winch
Old September 20th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 mustang GT
13.49@103 BLOWIN TIRES

02TrickFlowGT has a spectacular aura about02TrickFlowGT has a spectacular aura about

^^ thats what I was thinking lol
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.