Modded Mustang Forums banner

The Turbo Build Has Begun

337K views 5K replies 173 participants last post by  SSG Pate 
#1 · (Edited)
shes up in the air, and ready to be undressed. Got my unvented propane heater installed and Im ready for a nice cozy winter project.

Im doing this in a couple different phases

Phase one Ill be redoing the motor to get it ready to take the boost ill be tossing at it. the plan is as follows

Replace Forged I beam rods with Forged H beam Rods/ ARP hardware
Keep stock ported heads
new main bearing kit
Rebalance rotating assembly
Install whatever Turbo cams I buy
put the motor back together
Complete Transmission overhaul with new converter to match cams.
remove 373 gears install 327 gears.
Button her up and reinstall the motor.

This should complete all my motor trans work then off to the next phase

CG Fabrication forward facing twin turbo headers WITH AIR CONDITIONING retention!!
Fab up my own exhaust from the downpipe back
Precision Ball bearing Turbos " size to be determined
Tread stone TRTT series intercooler
46MM waste gates
50MM BOV'S
Boost controller

Ill take pictures as I go as far as fabbing ETC.
2slow is coming down Friday to help me get the motor and trans out so the party can begin.:)

Got the intake off, motor mounts, ps pump all pulleys/ac compressor off tonight!

QUICK REFERENCE

Engine removal page 6

Battery relocation page 7

410 gear removal 327 gear installation page 9

Removing piston Rods ETC page 10

ALT paining page 11

Stock K member drop page 12

Custom catch can page 12

Rear Suspension page 13

KMS Fuel hat page 13

T stat modification page 14

Mishimoto radiator install page 14

Glens performance Fuel tank install/ modification page15

UPR Chrome molly K member/ A arms/ Brake upgrades page 16

Short block page 17

Oil pan modification for Turbo drain

Line lock page 20

Oil filter relocation kit page 20

5.0 motor running again page 21

Windsor heads arrived Page 22

MMR Billet oil pump 23

Head Stud install page 23

Timing cover polished page 24

Head and timing install page 24

Motor Dropped back in page 24

New wheels page 28

Intake and 6061 plenum install page 29

First startup no headers page 31

Radiator relocation page 33

TIAL BOV arrived Page 36

PS reservoir relocation page 37

Mishimoto R series intercooler page 43

Custom over flow tank page 44

Cold side piping install/ plus welded bungs page 44

coolant overflow tank installed Page 45

Flex radiator hose page 45

CD delete gauge install page 45-46

AEM gauge and sensor install page 48

Custom Vacuum block install page 49

Hot side exhaust started page 50

Precision 60MM waste gate arrival page 52

Welding up some turbo exhaust page 53

Procharger F1C VS Precision 7675 page 54

LOKAR dipstick Page 55

Precision 7675 Polishing page 55

LOKAR mounting page 56

CG Fabrication hot side page 57

Turbo installed page 57

Couple turbo Videos page 60

Turbo installed page

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#44 ·
Yes 20psi and more for E85 and 15-17psi on pump gas.
I'm going to make over 800 if possible which is why I am doing twins.

#50 ·
Yes but twins will really eat of the lag that a big turbo would have.

#52 ·
I got cams/ BBK Shorty headers/ 373 gears/ Forged I beam rods 75MM Accufab TB/plenum that's going to be put up for sale in the next couple days.

---------- Post added at 05:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

ATI makes a few that are within a few percent of a stock balancer.

I don't know how strict tracks are around you but it may not be a bad idea to invest in one.
They are not really strict, but I don't want to risk messing up my motor so Ill prob pick up one.

#53 ·
the single will walk about the TT car on the big end...within reason of course.

I'd save the money and lessin complicity but thats my opinion. My 67mm with take me deep into the 10's. It's all about the proper setup...

some 6266's PTE CEA snails would be what I'd suggest. With the Ported S cover and t4 .58 AR

#56 ·
No way man, its TT All the way complexity It not really that more complex other then running an additional oil/drain and running an extra line to the intercooler everything else is the same. I want the low end lag drag reduction that TT offers over single T, and to be honest twins is something different for me.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

Got a good solid plan Sarge! Looking for some 9 sec time slips!? Hopefully I'll finally be boosted around the same time you finish up your new build.
I think it is anyhow, ill be done around spring, the complexity just keeps growing, but I have nothing else going on this winter other then the GYM.

#58 ·
I'm doing duals no way i'm doing a single this time. spent a few hours today getting the motor ready to be removed and just fiddling around on the intake and such MAN IM A SLACKER today.

#61 ·
usually take me about the same too, but im being a slacker!! just fiddling around removing fluids and stuff.

#69 ·
Idk your setup...

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

I do love the fact that you're bring up power and spool time. At the track that **** hardly matters...now for roll racing that's a different story.

#71 ·
#72 ·
You have your trailer at your house? Or at your other property? The little monster is doing great, looking to bring it Friday, but theres always the **** happens aspect. Get free towing with the insurance company but still a pain in the ass if anything goes wrong, or she runs out of corn. MPG not looking so great so far lol prolly bring an extra can or 2 in the trunk to be safe.

#73 ·
Its at my Farm, But if it comes down to it well go get it if you have an issue.

#74 ·
Sounds like a plan. Now I just need to find some ear plugs. Guy at CG is pretty good to deal with isn't he? He was QUICK at getting back to emails when I was considering going with twins. I think itll work perfect for you with being able to have the remainder all welded up etc by someone that will do what you want rather than scratch their head and ask why you want things done a certain way. Should be extremely nasty compared to the typical off the shelf stuff.

Bring fook mi and fook yu with you in the back seat too. Or a a case of beer or something. If she dies im gonna need something to get me up and going/in a better mood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.