Installing a Mach 1 shaker on a 2001 Mustang GT
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:46 PM   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

Adendo is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Installing a Mach 1 shaker on a 2001 Mustang GT

Hey guys, I need some help with a future project I'm planning on my 2001 GT.
I am wanting to attach a mach 1 shaker to my stock 2v engine. However, the 03-04 mach 1 of course as you all know had a 4v DOHC 4.6 liter in it.
The problem is that the brackets for the shaker will not fit on a stock 99-04 mustang GT. Many companies and people used to make a custom bracket for the shaker to fit on a GT/Bullitt. However, that was 2-3 years ago and the companies that were making them have gone outta business and the people that custom made them are no longer making them. So basically, I will have to figure out a way to fabricate my own brackets. I have been searching the Internet for the last 2 days and have only found pictures of one person who did it but he included no measurements of the fabricated parts. But I know that many other mustang GT/Bullitt owners have been able to make their own and fit a mach 1 shaker on their ponies.

If any of you could send me pictures of their brackets and some measurements that would be great, or even if they know of someone still making the brackets that would be a lifesaver.

Problem #2: I am having trouble finding parts.

I have searched the Internet again over the past 2 days and I am having trouble finding a COMPLETE Mach 1 shaker assembly with mach 1 brackets. What I mean by complete is: the shaker itself, the bracket it sits on, and the complete tubing all the way to where it connects to the air filter heat shield/air box.

If anyone knows where I can get on for a good price, you once again, would be a lifesaver.

If you have a Mach 1 shaker installed on your 99-04 mustang GT/Bullitt or have a friend who does, then please help me.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Regular

2000 Saleen

Saleen405 will become famous soon enough

1999 2004 Mustang GT 4 6 CDC Shaker Hood System Kit Mach 1 Style | eBay

2000 SALEEN S-281 #405 | MMR 900 | Kenne Bell 2.2 | MPH Stage 3 Heads | MPH Kenne Bell Cams | 26 spline McLeod RXT | ARH 1 3/4" Longtubes | UPR K-Member | 593rwhp/499rwtq
Old October 29th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #3

I don't want a CDC. I want a Actual mach 1 shaker from the mach 1 itself. I am going to put a mach 1 hood on my GT and bolt on the shaker that came from the Mach 1. Many people have done this. The reason I don't want a CDC is because they won't fit a mach 1 hood and the black appliqué stripe in my opinion looks stupid. Plus I don't wanna cut a hole in my stock hood. But thanks. I understand why you thought that.
Old October 29th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #4

For the shaker assembly this is the part I'm needing/wanting.
Installing a Mach 1 shaker on a 2001 Mustang GT-image.jpg

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #5

Bump, if anyone can find a mach 1 air box, that would be great also.

Old October 29th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Pays in respect

'02 Mustang GT
'84 SVO

Nito2v is a jewel in the roughNito2v is a jewel in the roughNito2v is a jewel in the rough

You can always find them on ebay, right off of a mach 1.

2002 Ford Mustang 4.6 GT Coupe

Big Red BOV - B&M Hammer - Procharger P1sc - 3 Core Intercooler - UPR Catted X - SSS Terminators
H&R Super Sports - Bilstein HD
Old October 29th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #7

84 toyota sr5
1hr 38 mins at 26mph

wilsonj1018 will become famous soon enough

Carolina Crew #92
Old October 29th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #8

Originally Posted by Nito2v View Post
You can always find them on ebay, right off of a mach 1.
I have looked but none of them so far have had the tubing that I need :/

Old October 29th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #9
Banned

2004 Mustang GT

Red_04stang is on a distinguished road

I wanted this setup and I found a thread in here
It said that in order for you to have the actual shaker and hood from a mach you will
Have to bend the bracket to make it fit the 2v
Check on the classifieds there's a shaker for sale
Old October 29th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #10
Regular

ktm300hater will become famous soon enough

I have one on my car. I may drive it tomorrow and ill see if I can take some pics and measurements
Old October 30th, 2013, 08:15 AM   #11

Originally Posted by ktm300hater View Post
I have one on my car. I may drive it tomorrow and ill see if I can take some pics and measurements
Thank you very much. That would help ALOT. cause I think I know how I'm gonna make the brackets but I'm not sure how to high to make them nor how long they gotta be.

Old October 31st, 2013, 05:36 PM   #12
Regular

Here's some cell phone pics. They suck and yes it's dirty under the hood. I don't drive around with the hood open, so I don't care.

And here's what it looks like closed

I bought the hood with this bracket already made. It didn't stick up high enough to suit me so I spaced it up a tad. On the top if the plate the balls mount for the shaker to pop onto.

You can see it mounts to the alternator plate on the front side. And on the rear it mounts to the 2 bolts on the backside of the throttle body
Old November 1st, 2013, 12:33 AM   #13
Long Lost Co-Founder

1988 Mustang GT

BuiltToughCobra will become famous soon enough

Here's some cell phone pics. They suck and yes it's dirty under the hood. I don't drive around with the hood open, so I don't care.

I bought the hood with this bracket already made. It didn't stick up high enough to suit me so I spaced it up a tad. On the top if the plate the balls mount for the shaker to pop onto.

You can see it mounts to the alternator plate on the front side. And on the rear it mounts to the 2 bolts on the backside of the throttle body

I will agree with you... it is pretty dirty under there.. lol

But I love the look of the Mach 1 shakers. I've always wanted one, but since I got a full body respray, Im worried about the paint not matching.

I would search Craigslist withing 2 hours in every direction from you. That's what I do whenever I'm looking for parts and can't find them on here. Good luck!

Last edited by BuiltToughCobra; November 17th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old November 1st, 2013, 07:21 AM   #14
Regular

I hate pulling the cops and drying the plug holes out so it doesn't get cleaned up under the hood much... I live on a dirt road so I pretty much wash the outside every few days and the engine bay gets no attention
Old November 1st, 2013, 03:33 PM   #15

Originally Posted by BuiltToughCobra View Post
I will agree with you... it is pretty dirty under there.. lol

But I love the look of the Mach 1 shakers. I've always wanted one, but since I got a full body respray, Im worried about the paint not matching.

I would search Craigslist withing 2 miles of every direction of you. That's what I do whenever I'm looking for parts and can't find them on here. Good luck!
Thank you so much. That should help me get the ball rolling. Are the back measurements the same?

Old November 2nd, 2013, 12:20 AM   #16
Long Lost Co-Founder

1988 Mustang GT

I hate pulling the cops and drying the plug holes out so it doesn't get cleaned up under the hood much... I live on a dirt road so I pretty much wash the outside every few days and the engine bay gets no attention

Ahh makes sense.
Old November 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM   #17
Hardcore Enthusiast

02 gt 5 speed
13.7 @96 stock

joshdj13 has a spectacular aura aboutjoshdj13 has a spectacular aura about

Cars Parting Out

They part out mustangs and have an eBay store. They are fairly pricey IMO but they have everything you would need without having to piece it together.
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #18

Ahh! Fail. Quoted the wrong person, anyway. Are the back brackets the same height as the front?

Old November 17th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #19
Regular

2002 mustang gt convert

mstng02 will become famous soon enough

it took me 2 years of searching to find a decent price for a shaker and a hood. I also drove 350 miles to get it good luck tho!
Old November 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #20
Long Lost Co-Founder

1988 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by Adendo View Post
Thank you so much. That should help me get the ball rolling. Are the back measurements the same?

I thought so.. haha no worries.

But I finally found the pictures I have of a shaker mounting to a GT. I'll post them when I have time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/343578-installing-mach-1-shaker-2001-mustang-gt.html
Posted By For Type Date
Installing A Mach 1 Shaker On A 2001 Mustang GT - Searchable.openedhost.com This thread Refback September 13th, 2014 09:45 AM
**need Help** Mach 1 Shaker On 2001 Gt | Mustang Forums at StangNet This thread Refback November 1st, 2013 09:24 AM
**help** Installing A Mach 1 Shaker On 2001 Gt | Mustang Forums at StangNet This thread Refback October 30th, 2013 12:26 PM