Aftermarket seats - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 36 Old November 26th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: detroit
Posts: 586
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mister0big Send a message via Skype™ to mister0big
those seats u want, i have seen almost the exact same thing at pep boys for 180 for both. they look just like those, and feel good. so if you are trying to save money go with those. i think u can order them online.
mister0big is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast
 
04darkshadowgreygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 730
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister0big View Post
those seats u want, i have seen almost the exact same thing at pep boys for 180 for both. they look just like those, and feel good. so if you are trying to save money go with those. i think u can order them online.
Yup.
They're 150 each. They got a 20% promo that ends tomorrow.
Is pay $260 for both. What do y'all think?
Aftermarket seats-imageuploadedbyautoguide1385530304.253437.jpg
Aftermarket seats-imageuploadedbyautoguide1385530322.865348.jpg


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

BBK CAI, MAF & SHORTIES, MAC O/R H, FLOWS, STEEDA TRI AX, FRPP 3.73, MM CC PLATES & RLCA's, STEEDA BUMPSTEER & X2's, FRPP B SPRINGS & RUCA's, KONI STR.T DAMPERS, STIFFLERS MATRIX FLSFC's, COBRA STEERING RACK 17X9/10.5 SUMITOMO 275-315
04darkshadowgreygt is offline  
post #23 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Regular
 
iongar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 278
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Why not put s197 seats in? That's What I did and it's a huge improvement in comfort and really keeps you planted to the seat compared to stock seats
iongar is offline  
post #24 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM
New MM sucks
 
narleycarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cove, Texas
Posts: 5,479
           
iTrader: 3 reviews
I'm running Cipher seats in mine. No complaints other than the high dollar west bracket still needed customizing to fit right. But seats themselves fit well and match car. There are "wings" around the shoulders that hold the seatbelts like you wanted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1385553622390.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	61810  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
Foxbodies > all


narleycarley is offline  
post #25 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
MT0911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MD
Posts: 2,307
     
iTrader: 14 reviews
I like aftermarket seats -going from a seat with almost no side bolsters to one meant for it makes a huge difference. Nice setups in here

'99 SVT Cobra - Built 4.6l, HP Blower Cams, Novi 2000 (8-Rib), RPM T-56, SRA Swap
'88 5.0 GT Hatchback - H/C/I/E
'99 C5 Corvette FRC - H/C/I/E + Suspension
'05 F150 FX4 - Stock
'02 Mustang GT - I/E, 4.10s, Suspension SOLD
MT0911 is online now  
post #26 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast
 
04darkshadowgreygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 730
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by narleycarley View Post
I'm running Cipher seats in mine. No complaints other than the high dollar west bracket still needed customizing to fit right. But seats themselves fit well and match car. There are "wings" around the shoulders that hold the seatbelts like you wanted.
Looks pretty good. Great idea!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

BBK CAI, MAF & SHORTIES, MAC O/R H, FLOWS, STEEDA TRI AX, FRPP 3.73, MM CC PLATES & RLCA's, STEEDA BUMPSTEER & X2's, FRPP B SPRINGS & RUCA's, KONI STR.T DAMPERS, STIFFLERS MATRIX FLSFC's, COBRA STEERING RACK 17X9/10.5 SUMITOMO 275-315
04darkshadowgreygt is offline  
post #27 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colbert Ga.
Posts: 566
 
iTrader: 6 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to EDDIEDOVER
I love the look of these seats ! I am a paraplegic and the extra support side to side would be awesome ! So they can be used as power seats? and do they recline back as far as the stock? i have to recline them to bring my wheelchair across in front of me and lay it in back seat
EDDIEDOVER is offline  
post #28 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: detroit
Posts: 586
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mister0big Send a message via Skype™ to mister0big
i would think that the aftermarket seats would only be manual

and i dont think they will recline as far.

also can u really get a wheel chair in the mustang?

i remember i could hardly get a set of golf clubs or a gun case in mine
mister0big is offline  
post #29 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Colbert Ga.
Posts: 566
 
iTrader: 6 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to EDDIEDOVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister0big View Post
i would think that the aftermarket seats would only be manual

and i dont think they will recline as far.

also can u really get a wheel chair in the mustang?

i remember i could hardly get a set of golf clubs or a gun case in mine
the wheelchair takes practice but with stock seats run all the way back tilt back with rails and recline it as far as it wil go and i take right wheel off my chair and bring it across in front of me and lay it in right rear.. i do use an ultralight aluminum chair but hey we do what we gotta do to drive a V8 MUSTANG !
EDDIEDOVER is offline  
post #30 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM
New MM sucks
 
narleycarley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Cove, Texas
Posts: 5,479
           
iTrader: 3 reviews
Mine recline all the way back to touching the bottom of rear seats. Pretty much full flat.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEDOVER View Post
the wheelchair takes practice but with stock seats run all the way back tilt back with rails and recline it as far as it wil go and i take right wheel off my chair and bring it across in front of me and lay it in right rear.. i do use an ultralight aluminum chair but hey we do what we gotta do to drive a V8 MUSTANG !
Nice. Very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris
Foxbodies > all


narleycarley is offline  
post #31 of 36 Old November 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Enthusiast
 
04darkshadowgreygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 730
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Wow! That's pretty cool! I'm glad you are able to get out and enjoy life! Major reps!

Well, I've been spending way too much money on the car and the wife is getting really pissed as ups or fedex is at the door almost everyday.
I'll be patient and wait to get a reputable pair of seats.

Thanks for all your help!


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

BBK CAI, MAF & SHORTIES, MAC O/R H, FLOWS, STEEDA TRI AX, FRPP 3.73, MM CC PLATES & RLCA's, STEEDA BUMPSTEER & X2's, FRPP B SPRINGS & RUCA's, KONI STR.T DAMPERS, STIFFLERS MATRIX FLSFC's, COBRA STEERING RACK 17X9/10.5 SUMITOMO 275-315
04darkshadowgreygt is offline  
post #32 of 36 Old December 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
Regular
 
mstng02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: saginaw michigan
Posts: 353
 
Garage
iTrader: 1 reviews
GET CORBEAUS!
mstng02 is offline  
post #33 of 36 Old December 3rd, 2013, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast
 
04darkshadowgreygt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 730
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstng02 View Post
GET CORBEAUS!
I am. I'm tired of half assing it. I've been calling my build project half ass for too long now.

I want the classic bucket seats as I've been trying to mock the old Shelby gt 350. Hence my stripes. And other mods. Not exactly, I know, but more modern.

I sat in the pep boys apc seats: crap!
So I found a local corbeau dealer here in Houston and sat in a seat that's almost identical to the bucket. It's fixed and I love how it hold me in tight.

But I need to pay off the credit card as I've been buying way too much stuff this last month. I tend to go over board... It's just so easy and the temptation too great for me to have control!

Now, do I go Paxton like the 350 or Vortech V3? Uh, decisions...


Sent from AutoGuide.com App

BBK CAI, MAF & SHORTIES, MAC O/R H, FLOWS, STEEDA TRI AX, FRPP 3.73, MM CC PLATES & RLCA's, STEEDA BUMPSTEER & X2's, FRPP B SPRINGS & RUCA's, KONI STR.T DAMPERS, STIFFLERS MATRIX FLSFC's, COBRA STEERING RACK 17X9/10.5 SUMITOMO 275-315
04darkshadowgreygt is offline  
post #34 of 36 Old December 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM
Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: detroit
Posts: 586
   
iTrader: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mister0big Send a message via Skype™ to mister0big
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04darkshadowgreygt View Post
I am. I'm tired of half assing it. I've been calling my build project half ass for too long now.

I want the classic bucket seats as I've been trying to mock the old Shelby gt 350. Hence my stripes. And other mods. Not exactly, I know, but more modern.

I sat in the pep boys apc seats: crap!
So I found a local corbeau dealer here in Houston and sat in a seat that's almost identical to the bucket. It's fixed and I love how it hold me in tight.

But I need to pay off the credit card as I've been buying way too much stuff this last month. I tend to go over board... It's just so easy and the temptation too great for me to have control!

Now, do I go Paxton like the 350 or Vortech V3? Uh, decisions...


Sent from AutoGuide.com App


i thought the pep boys seats felt good, but i got these bad boys myself



---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

i mean felt good compared to the stock seats. they are firm, and wrap around you. but they feel like they are for bigger people. still great for the price.
mister0big is offline  
post #35 of 36 Old December 4th, 2013, 10:49 AM
R
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Palm Bay FL
Posts: 60
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
I have some earlier style Corbeau's in my '68 Cutlass, they are wonderful except for fading due to no window tinting and Florida sun.

I want to put some nice ones in the 2002 GT we have, amazing how the prices of Corbeau's have gone up in the last 10 years....but they are worth it.

2002 Mustang GT: 4.10's,lowered,BBK catted xpipe, Magnaflow,Vortech V1,Snow Perf Stage 2
1998 Mustang GT,stock for now
2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T: K&N,BOV,H&R springs
2000 Mustang convertible
1968 Olds Cutlass S: SBO,4.10,200R4
Vangogh is offline  
post #36 of 36 Old December 5th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Hardcore Enthusiast
 
Nicos2001GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,234
 
iTrader: 2 reviews
I had these, If i recall right I had the orginial seat belts.


They were great I had extra leg room and my back was way better when driving due to it pivoting completely when you want to lean back.



IMAG0145.jpg Photo by Nicos2001GT | Photobucket










V-Day gift that i enjoyed

Nicos2001GT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome