Modded Mustang Forums banner

200k mustang GT

78K views 641 replies 94 participants last post by  akurma 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, new member here and figured i would introduce myself. I am from Bucks County Pa, i've always been a mustang fan and back in August i picked up a bone stock 1999 Mustang Gt the day after American Muscles car show in PA. i got it for $2300 with 200,811 miles to get some mechanical experience and to learn stick shift off of it. it needed some work (alternator, spark plugs, bad ground and a leaky thermostat housing) after the maintenance was done i began daily driving it and as of today it sits at 201,435 miles!

I plan to use this thread as a "notebook" for the car. i will update periodically with pictures, new parts, or things that go wrong. so stay tuned!

mileage as of;

[8/18/2013] - 200,813.9
[9/29/2013] - 200,840.5
[10/13/2013]-201,000.0
[10/31/2013]-201,177.7
[11/5/2013] - 201,500.0
[1/22/2014]- 202,304.0
[2/8/2014] - 202,417.5
[3/31/2014] - 202,951.5
[4/29/2014] - 203,490.2
[8/11/2014] - 206,044.4
[3/14/2015] - 207,982.2
[4/11/2017] - 213,000.2
[8/11/2017] - 215,000.0
[4/07/2018] - 215,967.1
[12/09/2018]-217,000.0
[5/19/2019] - 217,211.0
[4/21/2020] - 217,795.0 - end of the factory 2v see page 32
some pictures

it was leaking really bad.

Replacement FRPP intake manifold from none other than American Muscle :)

Found the production date of my motor, May 18th of 1999 baby

and the mileage as of last week

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#5 ·
As far as shocks and struts, and upgrade parts, check out corral.net as you can often find parts as a highly discounted price still new or close to new. I still need to get those steeda x2 balljoints myself. I have the sequential tails, and you can find a video on youtube to replace the capacitor in the yellow flasher relay box under the drivers side to the right of the steering wheel, it will make the turn signals flash slower and look more like the '10+ GTs.

EDIT: Here's the link for you

#16 ·
thanks you all for the warm welcome! i can tell this will be a very helpful forum in the future!

also as a member of the forums you will be eligible for a discount code for alot of vendors.
how do i get a discount code?

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

nice car man, Keep the maintenance up on her and she'll treat ya right. my buddy has a 99 GT with full bolt ons with 211xxx miles on her and hes running a 100 shot of nitrous with a heli-coil on one of the spark plugs!!!!Original motor, hes had the car since high school
that's awesome! i recently graduated high school worked full time during the summer and found this for sale on my drive to work haha great to hear his is running will full bolt on and nitrous would love to talk to you some more about running nitrous on a 200k motor a mechanic a work wants me to at a track haha

i'm also from Bucks County I live In Bensalem near the Franklin Mills mall.
small world, havent seen to many mustangs around me. i am from the Hilltown/Doylestown area. any local mustang clubs or car meets?

#8 ·
where are the factory intakes cracking at, that causes coolant loss?

#22 ·
Yeah, probably your IAC. You can try to remove it and clean it to buy some more time with it but its probably toast. Alot of people don't have much luck with the cheapo autozone ones but a few due. It's up to you whether you wanna try one of them. I think rockauto.com has the motorcraft ones for the cheapest. You can usually get a discount code form them too if you google for one.

#31 ·
#32 ·
kinda off topic, but on my way home from work there were two Hoosier drag radials out front of someones house with a sign that said "Free" so i picked them up for my mustang, how can i tell if the tires are still good or not? figured i'd ask since a few of you go to the track often.

#38 ·
WOW 300K thats amazing! congrads man!

Welcome to MM! Really clean looking car to have 200k+ on it! Like everyone has said, if you treat her right she'll treat you right.

Sucks that the slicks were junk. For future reference, there should be what look like small holes in the tires.

Those are wear indicators are what will tell you if the slicks have much to left to them

Once again, welcome and happy modding!
thank you, everyone that asks me about the car doesn't believe it has 200K+ on it haha and those squares were still there, i don't remember how deep they were but they were still present, the rest of the tread looks rough and like melted rubber. thanks for the info wasn't aware of those marks until now

#37 ·
Welcome to MM! Really clean looking car to have 200k+ on it! Like everyone has said, if you treat her right she'll treat you right.

Sucks that the slicks were junk. For future reference, there should be what look like small holes in the tires.

Those are wear indicators are what will tell you if the slicks have much to left to them

Once again, welcome and happy modding!

#41 ·
I just picked up a second 2001 GT this past weekend, with even higher mileage, and the thing runs fantastically. No obvious mechanical issues at all, but I have only checked the basics. Coolant, oil, oil filter, did a basic look-over of the engine for any leaks whatsoever. Trailered to my house, from roughly 130 miles away in western Maryland, for a total price of $1,880.

It has 232,000 miles, came with a DiabloSport Predator, SLP ceramic long tubes, O/R X, Magnaflow Magnapacks, lowered, HIDs. Exactly what I was looking for, a black/black interior automatic 01-04 GT with a clean title and body that I can make more of a drag car out of.

My silver T56 swapped daily driver GT is still a baby at 120,000 miles. It is pretty amazing how long these engines go for. I recently pulled a B-head 4-valve/Teksid engine out of a Mark 8 parts car that had 300,000 miles, but ran beautifully. The engine was rough on the outside from a long life by salty ocean air, but lawdy Jesus was it immaculate on the inside. The cross hatching on the cylinder walls was similar to my other freshly honed Teksid block.

(Bought the engine and trans both for $150, mostly due to pulling it myself, scrapped the cats, sold the trans for $220. Free engine + $74 profit after factoring in gas and tolls)

Really wish I had good quality pictures of it. Only tore it down last week though, they will come.

Long live the 4.6. Good luck with yours.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.