2001 3.8 torque converter installed wrong
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2014, 05:33 AM   #1
Regular

99gt95 is on a distinguished road

2001 3.8 torque converter installed wrong

i attempted my first engine swap and pulled the engine and tranny. when i went to install the torque converter i installed it on to the flexplate first then put on the transmission and bolted it on. now my car cranks slowly. i realized i installed the torque converter wrong. i know i could have possibly damaged the pump in the transmission. i will pull off the tranny today i just wanted to know how i can inspect the tranny to make sure i didnt break anything. thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2014, 08:07 AM   #2
hi you can call me mater

2003 mustang v6
11@130

03 cristian will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by 99gt95 View Post
i attempted my first engine swap and pulled the engine and tranny. when i went to install the torque converter i installed it on to the flexplate first then put on the transmission and bolted it on. now my car cranks slowly. i realized i installed the torque converter wrong. i know i could have possibly damaged the pump in the transmission. i will pull off the tranny today i just wanted to know how i can inspect the tranny to make sure i didnt break anything. thanks
Maybe drain the tranny oil and inspect for foreign material

"I wonder if I sprayed some on my junk, I could go raw dog and not get herpes. But first I'd have to find a female willing to have relations."-kmac1622
Old March 28th, 2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Head Unicorn

2003 Mustang Fauxbra
N/T @ Fast

bulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud ofbulloch27 has much to be proud of

I'd pull the trans, seat the converter properly and put it back together. Don't bother with the front pump unless the trans fails. Damage is likely though.

03 Silver Fauxbra; 06 Legend Lime GT, 89 Outlaw 10.5W Coupe, 93 Teal Cobra, 93 Red GT, 93 Teal LX
Unicorn Club Founding Member
Old March 28th, 2014, 04:52 PM   #4
Regular

99gt95 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bulloch27 View Post
I'd pull the trans, seat the converter properly and put it back together. Don't bother with the front pump unless the trans fails. Damage is likely though.
ok im going to do that hope the trans is good. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.