Modded Mustang Forums banner

New To The 4V

631 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Doc8224 
#1 ·
hey guys...

My brother just bought a 99 cobra. It has high miles (118K), but still runs like a champ. We went ahead and did a good tune up on it when we bought it..

It has an O/R X and flowmasters, which will be changed out really soon to probably a magnaflow catback, maybe MAC. As far as motor, he bought it with a new JLT RAI and a Diablosport Predator. We bought it broken, we were told the ring gear was broke. We ordered some 4.10's for it, and yanked the IRS out to find out, it was indeed a the passenger halfshaft broken at the CV joint. We went ahead and put the 4.10's in and bought a new half shaft (lifetime warranty... waiting on the other side to break!).

The car is really peppy with the gears and all, but lacks in the motor region. I have a 02 GT with full bolt-ons, suspension, full exhaust and 4.10's... so I know a good bit about the 2V motor and solid axles, but still learning on this 4V and IRS business. What are the better bolt-ons for these motors?

With my car, the underdrive pulleys really helped my car rev a little quicker (his cobra seems like it takes forever to rev and drop back down to idle)... Maybe an accufab plenum/tb?

He is not much into racing, loves to cruise and gas on it every few red lights... anything else I should know about with this car?

Thanks, and sorry for the long post

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.