Modded Mustang Forums banner

Roadtrip with SLP Loudmouth

3K views 62 replies 25 participants last post by  DanTheMan 
#1 ·
well i'm holding off on the rims for now, mainly because i can't decide :lol but I do wanna go ahead and pick up an SLP Loudmouth catback and later get a slp off road H.. the thing is me and my dad are planning to make a 1300 mile trip to kansas in this car.. would the loudmouths be too much? I already have flowmaster with stock catted h and notice some resonance at about 70.. Any help guys?

#5 ·
i have a full violator setup, they are almost as loud as LM1's, and imo its not that bad, just listen to the radio and keep in mind your driving a modded mustang, not a lexux designed to be silent

#7 ·
lol i didnt mean have it on loud, you just have to have something to keep you from paying attention to the drone

#10 ·
mach 1000 setup, everything seems loud to him anyway.. i have it up to listening level and he complains about the music up too loud.. this is gonna be an interesting trip either way..

He's a true muscle car fan at heart so i might just have to let him drive it so he won't complain :dunno

#8 ·
man, if your going on a long trip i would def wait on the lm1s. they are very loud and will drone. i have the lmII and i wouldnt go in a long trip in my car. its just to effing loud and has to much of a drone in the cabin. id hold off, untill after the trip

#11 ·
might get the slp catback but get their quietest mufflers and then later swith them out to the lmIs its only like 100 bux to switch out and very very simple

#15 ·
i have flows with or hpipe and i drove from kansas to south carolina... it wasnt bad, but at about 2100rpms in 5th... it can get a bit old, but i kinda like it

#17 ·
yes, its called the violater for a reason

#19 ·
I drove my GT straight through from San Diego to Chicago. 2 drivers...switched driving every gas tank. It didnt bother me...i think it mad the drive better. I love the sound of the exhaust....not to quite not to loud.

#27 ·
the loud mouths wont be all that bad, i say buy the powerflo catback and swap them out for the loudmouths later on, if not buy original 40s and buy a x pipe or prochamber

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.