Modded Mustang Forums banner

Plx wideband or DataQ issue

800 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  CJackson 
#1 ·
So Clint finally sorted out my datalogging issue. I have no problems datalogging now. But it wouldn't be right if I didn't have another issue after one gets solved:cry:. Before when I was datalogging the car before Clint or ben messed with BE trying to solve the issue my wideband readings corresponded with my logs. Now ever since then it way off. I know the Transfer function is setup correct according to Plxs website. So its leading me to think its the dataq for the simple fact that Flyboy datalogged my car with his sm-usb cable from plx and its worked just fine. Today I had to adjust when the car transfers to OL fueling during wot and my logs are way off compared to the actual wideband readings (which i know are right). So this has got me leaning toward the dataq being the issue. Has anyone else had this issue before? its a Dataq insturments DI-145.

#2 ·
CJ, I use a DataQ DI-145 for datalogging AFR, its with an NGK AFX afr.

Its been pretty reliable but setting up the transfer function in BE is a little confusing, are you sure you have that setup right?

One thing that confused me about the transfer function is its not clear that you can delete or add points so originally I was interpolating points to fit all their rows and columns.

But then I discovered you can delete points which makes it a lot easier.

You only need 2 points for these AFR gauges, in my case the voltage value for 9.07 AFR as the first x,y point and the voltage value for 16.07 AFR as the second x,y point.

So in BE my transfer function looks like:

5 16.07
0 9.07

#3 ·
#4 ·
Do you have a voltmeter?

If so connect it on the DataQ input voltage terminals for the AFR channel and get a voltage reading with the engine warmed up and at idle.

The voltage when put through the transfer function should yield 14.7 or so, that should isolate the problem between the AFR gauge output or something from the DataQ onward.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.