Modded Mustang Forums banner

my slow auto Mach 1

11K views 94 replies 19 participants last post by  blownstang 
#1 ·
Took the Mach to the track yesterday just to see where it sits before I drop it off at the shop in 2 weeks. I know the autos are a lot slower than the sticks and from what I've read they run 13.8-13.9 @ ~102mph stock. It was slick and drag radial night so the track prep was top notch. I think I made the mistake of putting a dr on a stock auto Mach because it did not help me at all and my times didn't even come close to what it "should" run. Car is very stock with the only mods being welded in Flowmasters and Steeda sport lowering springs. The car sat on 17x9 front Mach black wheels with 255/45/17 rubber and 15x8 Weld Prostars with 275/50/15 BFG drag radials with 19psi.

Out of 3 runs fastest 60' and 1/4 pass was:

60': 2.150
330': 6.154
1/8: 9.323
MPH: 78.81
1000': 12.011
1/4: 14.296
MPH: 98.73

It just couldn't get off the line quick enough and didn't have top end pull. The 2.15 60ft came from brake torquing to 1100 rpm and then hammering it. The car did not spin or bog on any of the passes. I was expecting a 13.6-13.8 out of it because of the drag radials, but it was a dog off the line. Basically running in stock GT territory.

So comparing this to my blown GT, at ~3,475lbs it is already 40lbs heavier than my GT with longtubes, intercooled centri blower setup, Cobra front brakes, full length frame connectors, and driveshaft safety loop. If I could've somehow got it to do a 1.90 60' it might have ran a 13.80.

This was the first time for me going down the track in an auto. Boy is it boring! lol Didn't know what to do with myself for the next 12 seconds after the car got moving.

I'm hoping that in a month it will be a completely different animal. Circle D 4c 3800 stall torque converter, BCA modified valve body, VRS o/r x pipe, and intercooled Vortech V1 S at ~11psi should wake this thing up.

See less See more
#90 ·
My old DSG auto mach was at drews shop forever for some things that would take most shops weeks it took him a year. Sucks that tim isnt tuning machs any more I need a tune for my new Mach soon.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Not to many of us mach 1 guys around chicago anymore. You taking yours to any shows coming up would love to check it out

#91 ·
Screw Drew! I unfortunately made the mistake of trying him for a tune after the Mach was finished up two years ago instead of going back to Tim. Drive ability sucked, WOT sucked, shifting sucked. He kept telling me that everything is good and that he drove the car around without any issues. Tim got the car performing and driving way better than he could in 7 months of me sending him logs for revisions and bringing the car back to him. With his **** tune in street trim the car went high 12's at like 110 after making 420's rwhp on his dyno. With Tim's tune the car went 11.68 @120 after making 436rwhp.

My car is by Hans still. Had an SCT issue when trying to tune last week. Will be using HP Tuners to log and make the file adjustments using SCT. Figuring out a day with the tuner still to get it tuned.

Go to Joe at AJ Performance for a tune. Tim is sending all his old customers to Mike Post. Joe didn't want to touch my car for now since I'm still on the stock motor and already pushing the limit. Mike said yea at first but then changed his mind saying it's too much work, time consuming to do 2 fuel tunes with street drive ability, and that he thought about it and doesn't want a blown motor tied to his name. Anyway, I talked with a few guys who were tuned by Mike, Tim, and Bob and they are all much happier with Joe's tune, attitude, attention to detail, and customer service.

#92 · (Edited)
Got the 93 tune done yesterday. Will send a few street logs over the next week to see if any tweaks are necessary. Car pretty much made the same power as 2 years ago. Going back in a few weeks to do E85. Will only be adding 3 degrees probably to keep the stock motor together.

Car made 460/396 STD with the converter locked. Only pulled to 6300rpm. 11.3psi and 11.25*. Graph attached.

Attachments

#93 ·
Finally got the car on the dyno to dial in the E85. Fun experience as I did all the pulls. Maxing out the 60lb injectors so it only took another 2.5 degrees of timing over 93. Not bad for a stock motor auto on only 13.75* of timing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.