Modded Mustang Forums banner

Headliner options

558 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JCP281 
#1 ·
Right where my headliner meets the windshield, it has started to come apart. It never bothered me before, but now I can see it from outside of the car, so I'm wanting to know what I should do.

Are aftermarket headliners any good? LMR has this one on sale right now, but I'm worried about the fit and finish of an aftermarket one.
https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9404CG/Mustang-Headliner-Medium-Graphite-Unisuede-94-04

Would it be worth it to try and get my original one redone?

#2 ·
If anything just go to an upholstery shop and get a quote. Honestly an aftermarket one is probably going to be crappy but it all just depends on whos going to install it. Any upholstery shop worth their salt will be able to get one squared away and looking good no matter how bad it fits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I redid a few headliners on a few foxbodies I flipped. If your careful, peel the cloth off the cardboard, then visit your nearest fabric store.Pick the color cloth you want and spray adhesive all over the cardboard and cover with the new cloth. It is VERY easy to do, but also VERY easy to screw up. When your affixing the cloth to the cardboard make sure you do not press to hard or you will dent the cardboard and cause a small crater.

It cost me all of 15 bucks to redo the headliners.

#5 ·
Glues natural enemy is heat. Go to your nearest china tool store(harbor freight/norther tools) and pick up a heat gun. The way I see it, you can spend 20 bucks on a heat gun and do it yourself. If you fail, no harm no foul, you can buy a new one OR hit your newest junk yard and start over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.