Modded Mustang Forums banner

Weird electrical issues

857 views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  evil02gt 
#1 ·
So I have some weird **** going on with my electrical system. First my dash lights have stopped working, when I put my headlights on dim my abs light and right turn signal light come on. I can turn my fog lights off and they go off. When I remove the key from the ignition. My fog lights stay on and the odometer stays on until I push my fog light switch. I had tapped into the blue and white wire on my headlight switch for my gauge lighting and thought that was the problem. I removed the gauge light wires and still have the same issue. I also thought the blue and white wire was for the dimmer but my new gauges will not dim when I turn the knob. Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 AM ----------

I have checked all of the grounds and they are all on good shape.

#2 ·
Have you tried moviing the battery back to its normal position to see if that fixed the issue? Just a hunch

#6 ·
I tried that but it didn't help anything. I will go over my grounds again and check my battery voltage.

#9 ·
Thanks for all of the input. I am going to go over all of my grounds again. And if that doesn't help I am going to relocate the battery back on the engine bay. This issue is the only thing keeping me from finishing my build so really want to get it resolved.

#10 ·
Weird issue solved! It was a ground issue. I had removed the ground on the passengers side of the radiator support at some point and it had gotten kinda tucked behind the headlight. Reconnected it and problem solved. I do still have the issue of no instrument cluster lights. I checked fuse #13 and it is good. Any suggestions?

#11 ·
I checked the ground behind the stereo and checked the #13 fuse and both are fine. Could my dimmer switch just short out?

#12 ·
I had an issue when i tapped into my dimmer for gauge power. Worked fine for bit, but Now my instrument panel lights and gauges lights only work when my dimmer is turned to the max power. a hair below max and none of the light work. been that way for a while now just have to always have my dimmer set to max.

#13 ·
I tapped into my blue and white wire for my gauge lights. My gauges light up but don't dim. My instrument cluster doesn't light up at all but all the gauges work. Just no Illumination.

#14 ·
Anybody else have this issue or advice? I don't know what else to check.

#18 ·
No problem

#19 ·
Getting ready to tackle the instrument cluster lighting again. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

#20 ·
Issue resolved! Apparently with all of the gauge installs,removal and more installs I left the #37 Illumination fuse out. Now I feel like a total dumbass. I have a bad habit of looking at the worst case scenario first. Anyway with that resolved I will be installing my wideband tonight and then ready for a tune! Still gotta get aa electric fuel pressure gauge. Just Santa Claus sees this post... Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.