WOT air/fuel mix?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old March 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT
9.0 in the 8th

takiller will become famous soon enough

WOT air/fuel mix?

On the xcal3 theres the option to change the WOT air/fuel mix by %'s. Does anyone know if you can SAFELY change that without doing any other changes. And if you can, does it do anything?
Dont mean to sound dumb if i do but i dont know very much about my tuner and i havent been able to find where i can read more about it
Thanks
Advertisement

Old March 6th, 2008, 12:49 AM   #2
N/A 4v Guru

2003 Mach 1

Doc8224 is a jewel in the roughDoc8224 is a jewel in the roughDoc8224 is a jewel in the rough

You can if it needs it. You need to datalog it first to see where your AFR is. Have you up the timing any with the tuner? I have my mach at 4 degrees advance and 2% leaner on 91 octane.

Military Crew
U.S. Army Aviation
Apache's Lead The Way
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #3
MM Fanatic

KB'd GT

Trick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to all

You shouldn't mess with the AF unless you have a wideband, or measured the current AF on a dyno.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #4
MM's Mad Scientist

Slow Fella

acmillr is a splendid one to beholdacmillr is a splendid one to beholdacmillr is a splendid one to beholdacmillr is a splendid one to beholdacmillr is a splendid one to beholdacmillr is a splendid one to behold

You would need to run a wideband and run the tune on a dyno. Different cars make better power at different a/f ratios. For instance, my car likes more fuel to run at it's best.
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 YUGO GT

WAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jgorm View Post
You shouldn't mess with the AF unless you have a wideband, or measured the current AF on a dyno.
1+
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/59196-wot-air-fuel-mix.html
Posted By For Type Date
Best a F Ratio at Wot Mustang on Kosmix This thread Refback May 1st, 2009 10:10 PM

Threads Similar to: WOT air/fuel mix?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Race fuel in with stock fuel delevery systems red2k2gt Modular Mustangs 3 January 25th, 2008 05:36 AM
Race fuel in with stock fuel delevery systems red2k2gt 99 - 04 6 January 4th, 2008 05:20 PM
Lucas fuel injector cleaner and fuel filter Saleen0101 Modular Mustangs 0 September 25th, 2007 03:09 PM
HUGE PROBLEMS....IDLE, AIR/FUEL/FUEL PRESSURETPS HOW TO SET? 1slowhatch 5.0 Mustangs 0 April 21st, 2007 06:48 PM
Fuel Injector sizes without regulators or fuel pumps streetstang06 96 - 98 15 February 26th, 2006 10:02 PM