Modded Mustang Forums banner

Thinking about some yellow lettering on the tires...

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Froush 
#1 ·

i think it'd make them pop... any thoughts? i'd do a kit from tire stickers or similar. and i'd probably do the permanent ones not the sticker.

oh my top is no longer tan. but i need a new pic lol.

See less See more
#3 ·
IMO, it'll stand out too much on a SB car. If anything I think it'll take away from how nice and clean the car already looks. Also never heard of stickers for the tires. I've always just seen people paint them with paint pens.

#5 ·
Yellow? I've never seen yellow. I don't think I'd like it. I have seen white though. That looks good with any color of car.

P.S. I've seen white walls, white stripes, white letters and red lines. I like white letters the best. But the old red lines weren't bad either. Myself, I'd stick with white letters or black walls. You wouldn't believe how many times I've had to put the white wall on the inside because the front end was out of alignment and I needed to get more even tire wear.

#11 ·
Don't bother doing paint pen. Especially white. It will rub off very easily.
If you are going to do it, do it right with the tire decals.
For those that don't know, this company made "tire decals" that stick to your tire. You buy the letters (size, color, font of your choice) and glue them to the tire with some kind of adhesive that bonds to rubber.
Great idea, but i'm not a fan of the letters. To each is own though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.