Autometer Tach/Tach Light and Ford racing Tach Driver install help
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old March 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

2002 gt supercharged

94stang is on a distinguished road

Autometer Tach/Tach Light and Ford racing Tach Driver install help

hey guys i just got a autometer monster tach, tach light and Frpp tach driver
i bought them used and have no idea how to install them. as far as the tach driver where is it wred to? under the dash or under the hood? and what wire do i splice into? where are they and what color to what color? pics would be A GREAT help!
Thanks!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 11th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Self proclaimed A-hole

White99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to all

go the the main wiring harness under the hood, ie the black box with a bolt thru it on the top left corner in your hood, undo the wire wrap around it and look for a thicker red wire, i think it has a white stripe on it also. Google instructions for your tach adapter to find out which wire is the input and which one is the output. The input wire you attach to the coming from the black box on the left corner and the output attaches to the other side of the red wire. All the tach adapter is doing is sampleing the 12v sine wave pulse for your ignition, converting into a 12v square wave pulse so that a auto meter tach can read it, and then sending the 12v sine wave pulse back out the output and then into the red wire to be sent to your coils as if it was normal operation. Then you connect your tach to the tach signal wire coming form the tach adapter and do your basic power and light wiring and call it a day.
Old March 11th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #3
Self proclaimed A-hole

White99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to all

Here is a simple drawing i did real quick, the black box is the black box in the corner, the red wire of course is the red wire feeding your coils, the blue wire is the input wire to your tach adapter, the yellow wire is the output wire that feeds back into the red wire, the black wire is a ground cause i think thats on the adapter, and the gray wire represents the wire that connects to your tach.
Old March 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #4
Regular

2002 gt supercharged

thanks!!
that helped allot i just have to figure out what wire is witch on my frpp tach driver.
Old March 11th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #5
Regular

2002 gt supercharged

cant seem to figure out witch wire goes where or does it mater i know witch is ground but does it mater witch one is connected to the pcm?
also what is the white wire on my autometer tach?
Old March 11th, 2008, 11:41 PM   #6
Self proclaimed A-hole

that is for the light i am pretty sure, google instructions for your adapter and it should tell you which wire is which
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #7
Regular

2002 gt supercharged

all i can find is msd and auto meter instructions.... anyone have a Ford racing Tach driver? or know anything about them?
Old March 13th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #8
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

Post pictures of it. But the tach white wire is for the lighting when you have ur headlights on.

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #9
Regular

2002 gt supercharged

i thought that was what the white wire was for Thanks!!...

post pics of the tach driver?
do you have one?
its 3 wires and ones a ground im just wondering if it matters witch way i hook it up
if it comes down to it ill just try it one way and flip the wires if it doesnt work the worse that could happen is i fry the stupid thing... who needs a shift light ill just bounce her off the rev limiter... lol jk
ill post pics but by the time i do no one will look at this thread because i have to borrow the cam from the girlfriend>>*<<
Old March 13th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #10
Regular

2002 gt supercharged

here is the exact one i have... i found a guy on ebay that is selling his maybe ill get lucky and he will help me ill post if he does...
Thanks For the help guys!!
Old April 18th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #11

2006 Mustang GT

Windveil Blues is on a distinguished road

I'm in the middle of doing one on my '06 GT. Check this out:
Auto Meter

Jim
Originally Posted by 94stang View Post
thanks!!
that helped allot i just have to figure out what wire is witch on my frpp tach driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/60020-autometer-tach-tach-light-ford-racing-tach-driver-install-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Auto Meter Monster Tach Wiring Diagram - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News, Shopping and more... This thread Refback July 7th, 2010 04:37 PM

Threads Similar to: Autometer Tach/Tach Light and Ford racing Tach Driver install help
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autometer Tach Help nylxnv 5.0 Mustangs 7 March 7th, 2008 02:13 AM
need help wiring up ford racing tach driver tom2000r 99 - 04 6 January 26th, 2008 01:18 AM
How Do I Install A 5" Autometer Tach #233904? good_fellaz_76 5.0 Mustangs 27 January 10th, 2008 06:07 PM
tach driver install Blk01ponyGT 99 - 04 4 November 17th, 2007 06:10 PM