Modded Mustang Forums banner

Gauges/Pods ?

4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  SlowSix 
#1 ·
Have a 03 GT with minor things done to it...cold air intake,3.73 gears,lowering springs,flowmasters,short throw shifter,18" deep dish rims,Bama tuner. Thinking about some pods and looking for suggestions for my setup so far. Not sure if it would be more of n appearance thing for what I have done. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

#4 ·
Oil pressure and coolant temp are always good gauges to have. The clock gauge pod is always nice

Reactions: 03newbieGT
#6 ·
Pretty easy. The ones under the radio are just simple sunpro gauges from pep boys. I screwed the mounting trim that came with them into the radio bezel. I did have to move the CD player because they hit but all I did was sit it on top of the air bag module.

The clock pod was even easier. Simply remove the clock, install the bracket that comes with the pod where the clock went, install your gauges on the pod and install the pod. Without the wiring needed for the gauges it's a 10 minute install with finding tools.

#7 ·
That looks sweet. How was the install?
Keep in mind the 99-04 models dont have a clock on the dash to begin with, so the install is a bit more involved, you have to cut a hole in the dash for the wires/drill a hole, or run them through some other means. Still a pretty simple install though.

#9 ·
i put a vacuum and oil temp gauge in mine. vacuum will help you diagnose engine problems if for what ever reason anything happens internal or a simple vacuum leak. fuel pressure could be a good one to get as well. they help troubleshoot if anything happens ya know

#10 ·
I have a plx gauge that does both wideband and boost/vacuum. I installed it in the steering column but I honestly hate it. I'm going to remove that and install a gauge bezel with 2 gauges. For some reason I can't upload pics right now..

#14 ·
Considering we only have idiot gauges I would say oil pressure and water temp aren't bad to have. I've had my mechanical water gauge show me the car was over heating before when the stock gauge said everything was fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.