Modded Mustang Forums banner

Twin ON3 dual ceramic ball bearing 61mm turbos

7K views 32 replies 9 participants last post by  y2k02 
#1 ·
That is what I am now running.

#2 ·
I ran on3 70mm for 3 years with zero issues. When I took it off to sell it the shaft felt the same as when I put it on. I thought you ordered some turbos from guys in Florida you sent me a link to.

#3 · (Edited)
After 7 weeks they still had not built them. So, I filed a complaint through paypal.
They said it would still be at least 2 more weeks, so they refunded my money.

I contacted ON3 and they put these together for me. They have .82 3" v-band exhaust housings. I went to their shop after work yesterday and picked them up.

Reactions: Emoney22805
#4 ·
Sorry to hear that. Nice to be local to on3. I called guys in Florida and to be honest I crossed them off my list. Told me that his billet and cast wheels turbos were the same price. 7 weeks is crazy I have been talking to a few companies about build my new turbo and longest time I was given was 1 wk. Bullseye said they would have it at my Door in 3 days if I called early in the morning to order it.

#7 ·
They really weren't noticeably larger than the 60mm I replaced. I did switch over to my other intercooler with the tubing that goes over crash bar mounting. That was a pain to get it all hooked up. The other style would have been easier. Haven't had a chance to drive it yet. With the larger housings it does take a little longer to get on the brake. The only other thing I had to change is the turbo drain fitting and to use smaller restrictors.

#9 ·
I have 4psi wastegate springs now. With spring only it makes 5psi and stalls at 3600rpm without the 2-step. I have increased the launch psi to the 7psi you see and it allows the engine to hit the 2-step. I have the 2-step set at 4000rpm. If I need more psi for launching I only have to increase the launch psi. That only takes a few seconds to change.

#11 ·
I have my full exhaust on, so I dont think it's really loud.

I have it setup on the E85 scale.

#12 ·
I've installed new Strange adjustable fox body struts along with new coilovers.
Here they are compared to the 99-04 struts I've ran since 05.

Here they are installed along with fox a-arms.

Now my front wheels are sucked into the fenders.

Bought new drain fittings for the turbos and made up some new drain lines.
With the new fitting it allows me to tighten the drain line fitting a lot easier.

And the fun part. Went for a drive and I have the controller set to make 14psi and I'm running 4psi wastegate springs now.

This post has been deleted
#16 ·
Looking good, also I lol'd at the service engine soon light, assuming its nothing to worry about though haha

#17 ·
The stock computer only runs the tach and speedometer, so it means nothing.
I just dont feel like pulling the cluster out and removing the bulb.
Now I'm gonna have to pull the wastegates and replace the 4psi with some 10psi springs. Everytime it sees a little boost the gates stick open. You can hear it at the end of this 1st and 2nd gear pull.

#18 ·
You need some 10PSI springs anyhow 4 PSI spring are for Chicks

#21 ·
It will make what ever I want with the 4psi springs.
Here was the other day when I was adjusting the controller.
I put the 4psi springs in so I could lower the boost when
launching off the brake while being on the 2-step at whatever rpm
I what to launch at. Also being able to run lower boost in 1st and second gear on the street would help from blowing the tires off.

#23 ·
You must have something wrong with your Gates because with a 4PSI spring you should only be able to double that boost level with your controller meaning 8PSI per turbo which still will only make 8PSI. o for those who are confused you don't add 8 and 8 together to come up with 16PSI.

I am thinking that they are not true 4PSI springs and since it is a mechanical spring you can only trick it so much with your boost controller.

#24 ·
Well my videos prove otherwise. They are small yellow 3.6psi .25bar springs.
They are really flimsy.
Kinugawa for Tial Spring Small Yellow 38mm 40mm 41mm F38 F40 F41 0 25BAR 3 6PSI | eBay
I remover big red springs that were 11.6psi to use the 3.6psi springs.
Yesterday I replaced the small yellow 3.6 springs with small blue springs.
They are 8.7psi springs. Then went and tested. As you see they make
12psi without putting any psi on the top port.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.