dual-stage rev limiter? What is that
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:20 PM   #1
Regular

VanHall is on a distinguished road

dual-stage rev limiter? What is that

and should i gedt it on my tune it ask if i want one
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 14th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #2
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

yes you should.
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:31 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Chevrolet Impala
???

TheBusher will become famous soon enoughTheBusher will become famous soon enough

I would like to know what it is also
Old March 14th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #4
MM Fanatic

6.82@100mph 1.45 60'

mystang0673 is a jewel in the roughmystang0673 is a jewel in the roughmystang0673 is a jewel in the rough

2 step... set your rev limiter low the clutch is engaged or something and you can bounce off rev that way you dont have to find your rpm when you launch... when clutch disengages so does the first rev limiter... thats what i was told... all i know is that it would come in really handy on launches cuz you just floor it and it rev limits at whatever you want it to...
Old March 14th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #5
Regular

2002 Mustang GT

Ugmul is on a distinguished road

Hmm I will have to play around with that, on the Xcal3 it has the drive rev limiter and neutral limiter.

I set the neutral limiter 4k thinking when its out of gear or clutch engaged, so I could rev but not worry about going to high when not in gear, set the other at 6300 or something, Well It spiked me at 4k in gear, was a surpise first time I drove it :p I pulled over quick and fixed it.

I think Ill go out and play around before I go for a drive tonight.
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #6
Regular

VanHall is on a distinguished road

so what kind of options do u get wit this tuner
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #7
IBEATU

06 GT, 98 GT, & 93 Notch

stanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nicestanglifemike is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ugmul View Post
Hmm I will have to play around with that, on the Xcal3 it has the drive rev limiter and neutral limiter.

I set the neutral limiter 4k thinking when its out of gear or clutch engaged, so I could rev but not worry about going to high when not in gear, set the other at 6300 or something, Well It spiked me at 4k in gear, was a surpise first time I drove it :p I pulled over quick and fixed it.

I think Ill go out and play around before I go for a drive tonight.
I did the same thing, I think that is more for the automatics

98 GT: some stuff
06 GT: more stuff
93 Notch: 4 cyl at birth, now 5.0 drivetrain and stock exterior and interior= True Sleeper
Paxton/Vortech Crew Member #3

FRPP's #1 Dealer
Injected Engineering
BMR Suspension
Old March 14th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #8
Enthusiast

tom2000r is on a distinguished road

does it come in a box...lol
Old March 15th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #9
MM Fanatic

KB'd GT

Trick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to all

They call it a 2 step. The first neutral limiter is for helping set the rpms for launch. Its still a bad idea to hold the gas all the way down and have the limiter resist the rpm increase, but it can help to get you close. The drive limiter will become the limiter as soon as the car leaves the line and the ecu sees mph. make sure to test it out in a safe place. I have seen the neutral limiter not disengage before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: dual-stage rev limiter? What is that
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the 4.6L Have a Rev Limiter? OcOnnor220 99 - 04 26 January 13th, 2008 12:20 PM
Limiter 04DSGV6 V6 Mustangs 21 November 4th, 2007 10:31 PM
rev limiter??? FoxHoss 5.0 Mustangs 9 October 28th, 2007 02:04 AM
Rev Limiter ? 92lx5oh 5.0 Mustangs 3 March 19th, 2007 08:34 PM