Modded Mustang Forums banner

CMS stage 2 turbo cams with NO turbo?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Lou94stang 
#1 ·
I am building a motor that will eventually be a single turbo 4.6. I have a mmr 750 4.75 motor with ported PI heads upgraded 125lb springs. I just picked up a set of CMS turbo stage 2 cams. I wanna install the new motor with the turbo cams and run it with out turbo for about 1000 miles jus to make sure the motor is ok.. How bad would the drive ability be with these cams?

#4 ·
No you will not be able to adjust unless you had tuning software. 600 for a tune do you at least get a reach around for that price.

#5 ·
I have these cams in my car,

1. I would be hard pressed to think they would need a special tune to idle. They have very little lope, and idle very smoothly. I bet you could install these and run them without a tune during your break in

2. If you install the turbo kit right now, a tuner will end up sending you an engine break in file anyway(which you just drive the car variable rpms and stay in vacuum. that's all) and then actually tune the car later on.

#7 ·
Call Pete @ performance dyno in loudon, NH. He did a start up/break in email tune, dyno tune, and custom ECU emissons chip for passing inspection for $500. Real great guy to work with. Tunes cars conservatively for longevity and driveability, ridiculous power to boot. With my car he made 539 rwhp/601 rwtq @ only 12.7 psi. Running an ultra conservative 11.0 AFR on 93 pump gas.

#8 · (Edited)
That's a great price but NH is like 4 1/2 hrs from me

Is it even worth changing the cams this is my build. On3 FF single turbo pte7675 2v. It's a 4.75 MMR 750 motor with notched Pistons. Ported PI heads with beehive 125lb springs and PI cams. Edelbrock intake with a 6061 elbow. 60lb injectors with cobra pumps and hat, modified FPDM, edelbrock fuel rails stock gt tank. Built 4r70w 3600 stall triple disc converter.

Will I be able to hit 600-650hp with PI cams

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.