Modded Mustang Forums banner

Radiator fitment with SC Question???

777 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  01Bullitt82 
#1 ·
I'm making progress on getting my 01 Bullitt put back together. I'm going from 11lbs on a stock long block to 18-20lbs on a built block/cammed/ported heads set up. I'm guessing the stock radiator is no longer going to cut it. My problem is the NOVI2K is to damn big. lol My power pipe would rest on the top of the radiator. So is there a stock thickness replacement that will work better than the stock piece? I don't think I can squeeze a bigger one in the space provided. Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

#2 ·
Rad

I have the exact same issue with mine and have been looking for a solution but have never found one yet. My temps usually sit around 200 and creep to 210 sometimes and I would like them to be lower but there has to be someway to cram a bigger or better rad in there

#3 ·
is this a race car or street/strip? One thing you can do is mount the radiator in the trunk and us agent 47 1/4 window NACA ducts to deliver air and im sure you could get creative on evacuating the hot air. Another Idea ive been messing around with is cutting holes in my package tray and venting the air into a radiator in the trunk. Another option would be to get a donathan racing bar and tilt you IC, condesnor(if you have one), and radiator forward towards the front of the car or just get rid of AC and push radiator forward after removing condensor

#4 ·
Rad

I have deleted my AC already and helped a little. I have also had to modify the rad brackets to move it forward slightly to clear the elbow into the Novi but the elbow still rests on the shroud. When you look at the Novi kit online it always showed what looked like a metal hat to give you more clearance but I have never been able to locate one anywhere.
96-04 MUSTANG: Supercharger

You can see it in the pic

#6 ·
No its not a racecar. I do plan on having a donathan bar because of my intercooler, but I really don't want to hack up my car or remove the A/C. Its very much a street car first than a part time track car. I wonder if I just replaced the stock unit with a same thickness aluminum radiator if it would help any or does it have to be a thicker one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.