Modded Mustang Forums banner

03 mach 1 build

5K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  CJackson 
#1 ·
Decided to make a build thread for my mach. No major plans as of now. Just gonna do a gear swap and build the rear. Then try to run 11s NA. First I have to get it off the frame rack which I should finish today once I finished spraying a bumper cover. The cars in pretty good shape inside and out. It was hit a little harder than I anticipated buy nothing I couldn't handle. As of right now I'm gonna respray both quarters, roof, hood, bumper (new), and the decklid (new). I'm gonna fill the spoiler holes and run the car spoiler less. Gonna paint the decklid panel black between the tails, smoke the taillights, paint the roof black, and repaint the hood with the Mach 1 stripe painted. Don't have may pics as of right now.

See less See more
#6 ·
Well I decided to go ahead and buy another body. The car is gonna need clipped. I should have went this route from the get go but I thought I could save it. Picked the body up today. Gonna get the rear windshield cut out as quick as I can. Let's take 2 cars and make 1 :lol. I'm gonna do a short clip and cut the seam through the floorboard. Gonna make my cuts on the quarter where the sail panels bolts and on the rockers where the seam meets. Gonna get started once the windshield is cut out.

#7 ·
Got the body work finished up and sprayed the car tonight. Turned out great. Still have to paint the decklid which still needs blocked after I filled the holes from the spoiler. Also painting the roof black and respray the hood. Now for a few pics.

Time to make it shine!!

The car should be finished up sometime next week. Taking a trip to Gatlinburg TN this weekend otherwise it would have been finished this weekend.

#9 ·
Thanks man, Panel painting didn't work out to well. Doesn't match to my liking. I expecting it to not match to well when I was mixing the color, DSG has alot of pearl and metallics from the silver. So ill be painting the car all over since I'll have to blend the the fenders and doors. I'll spray a couple coats of base on everything come Monday and then get the car put back together as quick as I can.

#11 ·
Can is painted. All that's left is my 01 front bumper and my new rear bumper. Finally starting to see the end. Car turned out great, I'm really pleased with it.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

#18 ·
Your back, I'm going to dump your new thread!!

#22 ·
That's my thinking, the fourm is getting pretty slow and this is pretty much the most active section, plus they are plenty of similarity between the two. Thanks, I'm gonna have to repaint the hood. Has a streak in the base coat on the drivers side edge. Lucky I can just mask off half the hood and blow some more color in the edge and not bother the stripe.

#25 ·
I so wish I had patience to do paint work. I repainted my windshield wipers and the metal strip around the convertible top where it meets the body and that was enough for me. Sanded, primed, rattle canned, then clear coated. That was a huge thing for me. Kudos to you sir! Looks amazing.

Whenever I touch anything paint wise unless I drink some beers to calm my ADD I **** it up

#30 ·
Well guys, I've had a change of heart and have decided to keep the car. Gonna keep it simple this year and just run the car NA with tub suspension, lca, etc. Gonna throw a 4.30 in it and get this thing to make some 11 sec passes. Also plan to use the car as a shop car to promote my our body shop (Mikes Paint & Auto body). So ill will be reblocking the car and flow coating the entire thing to give it a slick finish with zero peel. Also added a 01 front bumper cover and I'd like to find a termi spoiler to also top it off. I miss being in a car so no major plans, till next winter that is. :grin2:

#32 ·
Thanks man, I've put this car on the back burner for so long once I decided I was gonna sell it so I wanted to wait till spring. Well springs here and I wanna drive it :lol.

Ordered a pump the other day, gonna swap I injectors and run some e85 through this baby to help reach my goal.

Attachments

#33 ·
Got the pump in today, car fired right up. Gonna get the car blocked with some 800 tomorrow and finish with some 1000. Then I'll get spray 3 more coats of some SPI universal clear. Should look like a sheet of glass. Snapped a few pics of the install for anyone that was interested.

Got the tank out in recorded time, took about 10 minutes.

I went ahead and done a pprv delete while I was in there. Drilled a few holes in the basket as I always do.

Don't a little test to make sure everything was working as it should. Ended up making a mess, Just blew the cup over :facepalm:.

#34 ·
Got the car blocked today. blocked with 800 and finished with 1000. Gonna get my clear ordered tomorrow. For anyone wanting a good HS clear I'd look into SPI universal clear. Sprayed my Cowl vent, mirrors, and shaker tonight also. Gonna wait for some perfect painting weather before I spray the car.

#38 ·
Hope my car looks this good when you paint it. Great job!

#39 ·
It'll look good man, if your wanting a car that is slick, as in minimal to no peel it'll cost more. I took this car a few steps further then my 2v. My 2v looked good but it was basically a factory respray. This car will have close to 6-7 coats of clear with 4 of them being a flow coat. Meaning that the first 3 coats of clear cured and I blocked the car back down with 800, just enough to cut the peel out. (Also for anyone that's curious, all vehicles have orange peel, some are slicker than others while others have more peel). Then finished with 1000, this will make the clear flow out flat instead of flowing to the factory peel or whatever ever your spraying over. You will over reduce the clear to make it thinner that way it will serious get to flowing. Gotta be careful though, itll flow out in the parking lot if you aren't careful.

Cliff notes:

* Evils car is gonna look good. :grin2:

* Flow coating = spraying more clear over a finished paint job. (3-4 times the work as a normal paint job)

*Painting is a slow process and alot of work.

* Sorry for rambling, these 10min flash times in between coats makes it easy to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.