Modded Mustang Forums banner

Time to upgrade, Price check on fair sale value

802 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  HickRocket1258 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, it's time for me to move away from my first mustang, and I'm trying to find a decent value to let it go at. I live in the southern Texas area so keep in mind that they sell for a little more than most places down here.

Here's the breakdown on my car:

2001 Black Mustang GT - Automatic - Convertible
Moderately driven, despite my name. Driven like a sports car, not like a race car.
Never seen a track/strip during MY ownership, not sure about previous.

Chassy just hit 180,000 miles. The engine has just over 40,000. Engine was taken out of a rear-end totaled Marquis. Maintained regularly. Previous engine in vehicle got water sucked into it driving through high waters. (Whoops)

"Modifications" include HIDs, Cold-Air intake & American Thunder catback exhaust (No Tune). Other than that the vehicle is completely stock.

Transmission is in seemingly good condition. I've never had it checked, but then again I've never had a reason to get it checked. It's working how it should to my knowledge.

Interior is in "Fair" condition. Backseats are perfect. No carpet damage. Passenger seat leather is worn, but not ripped. Just getting chapped from the heat. Driver seat has two minor leather tears from heat damage. (It gets HOT in texas, and I don't have a garage, unfortunately).

Paint is in Fair condition, has a few scratches here and there. original vehicle paint.

Technical problems:

• Convertible pump needs to be repaired / replaced
  • CD Player doesn't work in Radio. (Stock head unit)

It's time to upgrade to a 2017!

See less See more
#2 ·
KBB shows $3,300 for a Texas zip code for good condition with 40k miles. I'd say you should price at $4,000.

#3 ·
I have the same car as you but 5 speed and original motor. Sadly these model cars are desired in coupe fashion and 5 speed. I got my car so cheap, for the time, because it's a convertible. I got the price way down because the pump for the vert died and it had a cracked crossover on the upper intake. Paid 6200 for it with 62k miles. That's in Florida too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.