1.7 Kenne Bell
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 20th, 2008, 10:17 PM   #1
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

BakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud of

1.7 Kenne Bell

I am about to get a used 1.7 kenne bell (hopefully, but pretty sure) with intercooler and all (kit). My goal is to be around 390 hp-405 or so. I have some 3:73's in the box still also. Anyway, I plan on getting it dyno tuned. Anyway would this kit alone being dyno tuned get me around that goal of 400 give or take? ive had the cats removed off my car but that is about the only mod so far (cloggage = bad gas mileage). If the kenne bell alone wouldnt get me there, then what are some other small mods that would get it there? maybe a pulley? hell 380 might would be aight too. Thanks fellas!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 20th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #2
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

dude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the rough

Lots of variables there man...just dont be a dyno queen, #'s on a dyno dont mean crap when the rubber meets the road.

How many pounds of boost is this kit going to give you? does it replace the stock MAF? does it replace the stock injectors? Is your car an auto or manual? Is it a high miles vehicle? Does it replace the stock fuel pump?

Not sure on the boost numbers of the kb, but if it gives you 8-9 psi, yes you should be close to 400 whp on a manual.
Old March 20th, 2008, 11:20 PM   #3

BakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud of

yeah manual 2000 GT. got injectors, fuel pump, 75mm TB, 9lb pulley. anyway just trying to get an idea u know. I wanted to make sure that this SC was enough to get me there. I could go to a smaller pulley for more boost. Either way just was making sure i wasnt gunna spend this kind of money for 40-50 hp. ive seen some that all they got was 50-60hp or so. F that for the money it cost!
Old March 21st, 2008, 10:53 AM   #4
MM Fanatic

KB'd GT

Trick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to all

Most guys make 380-420 with that kit on 9psi.
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM   #5
The Mean Green

MATT02GT is a name known to allMATT02GT is a name known to allMATT02GT is a name known to allMATT02GT is a name known to allMATT02GT is a name known to allMATT02GT is a name known to all

you should be there easy with 9-10 psi

Its not how fast you drive, but how you drive fast.
2002 Mustang GT... Just The Usual Bolt-Ons

Bolt on list in Garage...... MM Insomniac Crew
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:10 PM   #6
Hardcore Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT
9.0 in the 8th

takiller will become famous soon enough

im no expert BUT from everything ive read you should be around 390-420 range. goodluck w/ everything hope you get it man.
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:14 PM   #7
Hardcore Enthusiast

1999 Mustang GT

StangAddiction will become famous soon enoughStangAddiction will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to StangAddiction

at 9psi with a good tune, and a couple boltons i'd bet you'd make even more..
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM   #8
Regular

2004 Mustang GT

DSG04GT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DSG04GT Send a message via MSN to DSG04GT

Ported heads and custom grind blower cams will make that Bell shine.
Old March 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM   #9
MM Fanatic

KB'd GT

Trick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to all

Originally Posted by DSG04GT View Post
Ported heads and custom grind blower cams will make that Bell shine.
Actually it will make you wish you bought a bigger blower! haha.
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:36 PM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

2001 YUGO GT

WAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of lightWAR-PARTY is a glorious beacon of light

Ya you should get the numbers you want with 9lbs of boost. And it should be pretty easy on your motor!
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:46 PM   #11

Thanks for all the responses fellas! Aight sounds good. How about my stock 2v. It wont ruin it the following week huh? i heard stock internals are good till bout 450 hp. I dont want to be that high. I figure on running the stock motor till something happens to it and then ill do the forged internal thing and go from there. By the way this is my 19yr old gf's daily driver for now. haha. I drive a Supercrew 04 f150 FX4 w/ 20's, 36" tires, 9" lift. But Yes we do switch vehicles very often! Been dating 4 years. Dont think im bout to just waste this money!! haha she aint going any where!!

Last edited by BakerFX4; March 21st, 2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old March 21st, 2008, 04:55 PM   #12
Regular

2004 Mustang GT

DSG04GT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DSG04GT Send a message via MSN to DSG04GT

Remember, if you are going to build the 2v, PORT THE HEADS. Our engines do not breathe well with the stock heads. Ported heads, built motor, custom grind blower cams and a Kenne Bell 2.6L is like whoa.
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:36 PM   #13
Regular

Killax15 is on a distinguished road

WHere can you get ported heads from to go with a similar set up hes doing? Cause im looking for right now to get heads/Cams with spray, then eventually get a 2.6 kennebell supercharger what head/cam set up would i need the complement the spray then eventually the supercharger?
Old March 21st, 2008, 07:00 PM   #14

yeah im not really thinking bout the rebuild yet and hope i dont have to any time soon. but if or when it happens i will be sure to consult with everyone on here. I would probably not build the 2v. Prolly find a nice 4v and do it big. But like i said, I hope that is a ways away! I work at a body shop and have alot of friends that own salvage yards. I might start looking for a steal on a motor to rebuild. i got a 5.4 4v but dont wanna go that long route of swapping. im just ready for that KB. Im hoping it will wake this stock GT up!!!
Old March 21st, 2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Regular

2004 Mustang GT

blackstang2004 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Trick Tuners View Post
Most guys make 380-420 with that kit on 9psi.
+1 thats what i hear

DD-2002 Tacoma 4x4
2004 Mustang GT- sold "will be missed"
Old March 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

1999 Mustang GT

StangAddiction will become famous soon enoughStangAddiction will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to StangAddiction

Originally Posted by Trick Tuners View Post
Actually it will make you wish you bought a bigger blower! haha.
And a built bottom end..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: 1.7 Kenne Bell
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kenne bell mustangjl 99 - 04 4 February 7th, 2008 07:02 PM
Kenne Bell Emay General Tech 16 October 16th, 2007 11:52 AM
kenne bell punkafi888 General Tech 43 April 4th, 2007 03:52 PM