Modded Mustang Forums banner

So I bought another....

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  floodz__ 
#1 ·
Hey all, I bought another new edge. It's a 2004 with a 3.8, but that 3.8 is only going to stay in there for a little bit. I have the entire drivetrain to drop a 4V into it, but that's not at the top of my priority list... my 16 year old stepson will be driving it for a while. As long as he manages to keep it "not smashed", it'll be my next project when I get my T done.

In the mean time, I do need to get a few aesthetic parts for it. I've purchased a new cowl vent and door cups/inserts, but I can't seem to locate the little triangle plastic piece that goes above the front of the door panel that covers the rearview mirror hardware. Does anyone know where I can find one of these, or what it's even called? This is a picture of the passenger side, I need the driver side.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, I checked their website but didn't see it either. I can't even find a Ford schematic to find a P/N to Google. Maybe I'll give LMR a call. Thanks.

If anyone knows a place to order them, please post it up.

#4 ·
A junkyard is probably your best bet? Most cars came with the Mach 460 or 1000 system and have tweeters there. Those covers are for the non mach system cars without the tweeters.

I had some on my car ~5 years ago, they MAY be in my garage somewhere but IDK. I can try and find them but doubt I kept them.

#6 ·
Thanks for the link. I ended up calling Prestige Mustang Salvage and talked to Todd. He's got me hooked up with what I need. I brain farted on that one. They have everything you need when it comes to mustangs... and they'll ship it to you!

Here's a picture of the ol girl. I've got three completely different generations of Ford in my shop right now. 65 Galaxie, 04 Mustang, and behind the Mustang is my 27 T project. That's about to go off to the blaster next week.

Attachments

#7 ·
Those headlights /cringe

It'll look good with a little fresh paint and some nice smoked headlights though :D (speaking of, I have like 3 sets of headlights sitting in my closet lol)

#8 ·
We'll see how the car fairs for the next year. I'm going to let my stepson use it as his daily driver. If he manages not to trash it, when he goes to college he'll get my truck, I'll get a new one, and I'll take the mustang and start on a fun project.

Edit: If you're looking to virtually give a set of headlights away I could be persuaded, but I'm not looking to put any unnecessary $ into it until he's done driving it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.