Modded Mustang Forums banner

Clicking from steering wheel when turning right

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  matholland 
#1 ·
My 02 has a weird issue. When I turn the wheels to the right, it clicks like it does when you have the signal on when you turn. It's the same exact sound. I'm not really sure as to why it is doing it. I tried searching around, but I really didn't find anything. Clockspring is good because I don't have an airbag light and my horn/cruise controls still work find.

Any ideas? I haven't pulled the steering column covers off yet.

#3 ·
This. Jack the front end up, while the wheels are straight try and check tie rod ends, etc. for play. Then manually spin the wheels, and rotate them while outside to see if you can replicate the noise.

#4 · (Edited)
It's inside of the car...inside of the car in the steering wheel, the exact same click from the turn signals, but it is doing it without the turn signal on when turning right.

It's nothing on the outside. I actually just changed tie rod ends (inner and outer) and steering rack bushings.

My best guess is that it is in the turn signal switch itself...But I'm not sure as to how it works...Hate to drop 50 bones on a switch and it not fix the issue.

After I get back home from the dyno shop tomorrow, I am going to put my LED lights in my gauge cluster. I figured that I would go ahead and pull the column shroud off and see if I can see anything...Was just seeing if anyone had any insight before I dug into it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.