ABS problem?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 20th, 2008, 07:01 PM   #1
Regular

Killax15 is on a distinguished road

ABS problem?

Hey i have a 2000 mustang gt and sometimes my brake pedal would kick back at me or feel like it doesn't want to stop sometime, one of my friends mechanic was driving it the other day and said that it may be a abs problem, he said when he hits the brake pedal you here like a pulsating noise he thinks it may be the abs, i recnelty changed the power brake booster cuz there was a leak as well as the per portioning valve, anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2008, 09:24 PM   #2
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

2000 mustang gt

00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt

does the pedal get hard an stay hard,if so its the maaster cylinder,mine did that an i changed the master cylinder an it quit
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #3
Hardcore Enthusiast

03 Mach 1--~--1 of 2513
8.8 1/8 mile time

Black02GT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Black02GT Send a message via Yahoo to Black02GT

my 02 gt did that. then my power steering pump went out. anything with the power steering will essentially effect the brake pedal also since its hydra assist or what ever you call it.

Originally Posted by HMUSN it's like racing a mach 1 .. not untouchable but still gonna lose plain and simple no matter how you roll the dice.
SaleenWolf720: need horsepower?? no, you just need bald tires, then you'll really feel the power
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:40 PM   #4
Enthusiast

03 GT, 92 coupe 2.3T

coffinator6 will become famous soon enough

Can you hear the abs moduel?? i used to be able to hear mine kick on and off. even while not breaking.
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:27 AM   #5
Regular

well i dunno i cant really explain it sumthi ni never felt b4 in any car, i changed the power brake booster the whole module as well as the perportioning valve cause i saw there was a leak, other than that i dunno how much is a master cylinder?
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:43 PM   #6
Regular

any ideas guys?
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:52 PM   #7

2000 mustang gt

00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice

a remain is around 65 but a new like i got was 225
Old April 21st, 2008, 11:13 PM   #8
Enthusiast

03 GT, 92 coupe 2.3T

coffinator6 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Killax15 View Post
well i dunno i cant really explain it sumthi ni never felt b4 in any car, i changed the power brake booster the whole module as well as the perportioning valve cause i saw there was a leak, other than that i dunno how much is a master cylinder?
did you replace the abs module. i was told that you have to have a special tool to get all the air out of it. If you did, take it to ford and have them bleed it and your brakes.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM   #9
Regular

Hmm So i may need to get the air out of my brake lines first to see? Then Replace my abs module?
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #10
Regular

OK SHould i get a new master cylinder first or get a power steering pump to fix this problem this is a on going issue that needs to stop as im planning on turbo chargin my stang :\
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM   #11
Regular

ANy suggestions guys ?
Old May 8th, 2008, 03:08 AM   #12
B0B
Boost gets you laid

2001 Mustang GT
12.93@113.7 (on the 18's)

B0B is just really niceB0B is just really niceB0B is just really niceB0B is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to B0B

couldn't tell ya. if i know how to permanately disable my ABS i would in heartbeat. ABS and Trac control are for women who don't know how to drive.

04 Mach 1. Whipple 2.3, T56, built motor. build in progress
'01 GT. Just a couple Bolt-ons. 0rwhp 0rwtq.
2003 Rubicon (wheelin rig)
2008 Silverado 4x4 (towin rig/road queen)

2009 KTM 450 XC-W (Brap Brap!)
Old May 8th, 2008, 07:20 PM   #13

2000 mustang gt

my cars abs doesnt work nor does the t/c but my problem was the master cylinder
Old May 9th, 2008, 12:16 AM   #14
Regular

now how did u kno if it was the master cylinder see i had this porblem for almost a yr now. should i jus replace the power steering pump? master cylinder? or abs unit?
Old May 9th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #15

2000 mustang gt

i just got lucky i guess,i knew it wasnt he caliper or line, so i changed the master cylinder an its worked every since
Old May 12th, 2008, 08:46 PM   #16
Regular

oK SO i think i came to the conclusion that it is the abs module thats messed up on my car, cause recently i was doing 50 mph and when i put my foot on the brake not all the way down my brakes locked up on me then i jus slided practically. Now i did another test from first gear i slammed on the gas then stopped aand my abs kicked in and i stopped nice and easy tires screechin and shit i didnt slide or nothin it felt like i still was in control but soon after i stopped and started movin again i felt my brake pedal and it bagan to hardened it felt like i was walking on rocks and it was scrapin up on the concrete. so just off of what i told you guys do you think i may be rite? I dont think its the power steering cuz the steering and fine it never feels like its givin me any resistance, and i replaced the power brake booster already
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:55 PM   #17

2000 mustang gt

could be,ur just goin to have to change it an see for yorself.when my pedal was gettin hard an i was on gravels or wet road i would start spinning till it free'd upeven on dry road i would have to make it go.when u hit ur brakes hard an stopped real good ur master cyl.will keep pressure on ur brakes until it releases.thats what i was told
Old May 13th, 2008, 12:26 AM   #18
Regular

SO you sayin it could also be my master cylinder thats messed up?
Old May 13th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #19

2000 mustang gt

i would try the master cylinder first then the abs,or better off just take it to a mechanic
Old May 15th, 2008, 12:10 AM   #20

john@wms is on a distinguished road

Vehicles with hydra boost do not have brake boosters, it is two diffrent systems so if you put a booster on it it is not your p.s. pump. The kick back feeling you describe sounds like (without drving the car) false activation of the abs system, mostly caused by a broken tone ring (one tone ring at each of the four wheels) the speed sensor sees that there is a variance in the signals of the 4 sensors and activates the abs. MOST OF THE TIME if it is a module or sensor it will set a code and trip the light. Master cylinder mainly causes hard pedal or soft pedal conditions. Hope that helped.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: ABS problem?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
O Jesus! Problem After Problem! mustangmanic 99 - 04 94 March 28th, 2008 03:36 PM
umm have a weird problem? idle problem? blue03mach1 99 - 04 16 March 4th, 2008 12:03 PM
BIG Problem! (Bad Gas) mikedoogen 2005 - 2010 14 November 15th, 2007 01:14 PM
BIG PROBLEM BROKINARROW 5.0 Mustangs 11 October 19th, 2007 08:26 AM
problem! rednek94GT 94-95 6 March 15th, 2007 11:45 PM