Programming key fob and spare keys - Page 2 - Forums at Modded Mustangs
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 28 Old May 31st, 2008, 08:03 PM
Regular
 
supercharged03gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 400
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
you can program the key fob without taking it to the dealership, but I dont know how to program the key. All you have to do for the fob is put the key in and turn the key on and off i think its 10 times within a short period of time the doors will lock and unlock then you have a few seconds to press any button on both fobs and they will be programed


Mods: Vortech V-1 supercharger, BBK LT headers, BBK o/r X pipe, Flomaster cat back, 4:10 gears, Centerforce clutch, Fidneza aluminum flywheel, K-member, Eibach pro kit, MM caster camber plates, Eagle F1 tires 275 & 315.
supercharged03gt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 28 Old May 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM
Doc
 
HMUSN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 37,102
                     
iTrader: 11 reviews
this is what I got from a search
This is the write up i have for it-

The keyless entry unit is in the trunk area on the drivers side. Remove the carpet material and there is a mounting bracket that holds the keyless entry unit (mounted on back) and the anti-theft unit (mounted on front. To program the keyless entry you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on, but don't start car. In the trunk by the unit you will find a harness that has 2 pins, short those together and the doors will lock then unlock, that tells you that it is in program mode, then you push any button on the remote and the doors will lock and unlock again to let you know the remote was programmed, then you hit a button on any other remotes you are programming and the doors will lock and unlock again. Turn the key off and you are done! It takes only a couple minutes and this will delete any previous remotes and program the new ones. Hope this helps!!

HMUSN is offline  
post #23 of 28 Old May 31st, 2008, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 69
 
iTrader: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMUSN View Post
this is what I got from a search
This is the write up i have for it-

The keyless entry unit is in the trunk area on the drivers side. Remove the carpet material and there is a mounting bracket that holds the keyless entry unit (mounted on back) and the anti-theft unit (mounted on front. To program the keyless entry you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on, but don't start car. In the trunk by the unit you will find a harness that has 2 pins, short those together and the doors will lock then unlock, that tells you that it is in program mode, then you push any button on the remote and the doors will lock and unlock again to let you know the remote was programmed, then you hit a button on any other remotes you are programming and the doors will lock and unlock again. Turn the key off and you are done! It takes only a couple minutes and this will delete any previous remotes and program the new ones. Hope this helps!!
That's the one I found on the search.
This car would flat walk my TBird SC-should be a learning experience.

Nick
NickM is offline  
post #24 of 28 Old June 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM
Self proclaimed A-hole
 
White99stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 3,780
           
iTrader: 0 reviews
its much easier to do a key fob program yourself without all that other bullshit, just turn the key in the ignition to acc and then back to off 7 times and then you will hear the doors lock, then hit the unlock key on the key fob and there its fuckin programmed
White99stang is offline  
post #25 of 28 Old June 1st, 2008, 09:24 AM
Carving corners
 
MineralGreyGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: DartsMouth, MA
Posts: 2,875
           
iTrader: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by White99stang View Post
its much easier to do a key fob program yourself without all that other bullshit, just turn the key in the ignition to acc and then back to off 7 times and then you will hear the doors lock, then hit the unlock key on the key fob and there its fuckin programmed
+1 you will have to do this when replacing the batteries as well.



MineralGreyGT is offline  
post #26 of 28 Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM
Regular
 
supercharged03gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Clarksville, TN
Posts: 400
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGreyGT View Post
+1 you will have to do this when replacing the batteries as well.
I never had to do it when I changed the batteries.


Mods: Vortech V-1 supercharger, BBK LT headers, BBK o/r X pipe, Flomaster cat back, 4:10 gears, Centerforce clutch, Fidneza aluminum flywheel, K-member, Eibach pro kit, MM caster camber plates, Eagle F1 tires 275 & 315.
supercharged03gt is offline  
post #27 of 28 Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:37 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
i've tried just about every different procedure i can find. 4 times, 6 times, 8 times, 10 times, hold the lock button, hold luck & unlock....nothing works. does that mean there's something wrong with the system? my remote wasn't working so i replaced the batteries.
Charon is offline  
post #28 of 28 Old October 14th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Newbie
 
RTWeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Central Coast, CA
Posts: 13
 
iTrader: 0 reviews
sup? newbie here... Just bought an 02 GT with only a single key fob, but also has an aftermarket alarm system that the stock key fob works with. I need a second key fob and am hoping the normal programming process will automatically also work for the new fob? Thanks, and great forum you have here...

______________
... with no vision, the people perish...
RTWeaver is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



  LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/73719-programming-key-fob-spare-keys.html
Posted By For Type Date
Programming key fob and spare keys This thread Refback June 2nd, 2008 01:13 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome