Programming key fob and spare keys - Page 2
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:03 PM   #21
Regular

2003, Mustang, GT
???

supercharged03gt is on a distinguished road

you can program the key fob without taking it to the dealership, but I dont know how to program the key. All you have to do for the fob is put the key in and turn the key on and off i think its 10 times within a short period of time the doors will lock and unlock then you have a few seconds to press any button on both fobs and they will be programed

Mods: Vortech V-1 supercharger, BBK LT headers, BBK o/r X pipe, Flomaster cat back, 4:10 gears, Centerforce clutch, Fidneza aluminum flywheel, K-member, Eibach pro kit, MM caster camber plates, Eagle F1 tires 275 & 315.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2008, 08:05 PM   #22
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

this is what I got from a search
This is the write up i have for it-

The keyless entry unit is in the trunk area on the drivers side. Remove the carpet material and there is a mounting bracket that holds the keyless entry unit (mounted on back) and the anti-theft unit (mounted on front. To program the keyless entry you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on, but don't start car. In the trunk by the unit you will find a harness that has 2 pins, short those together and the doors will lock then unlock, that tells you that it is in program mode, then you push any button on the remote and the doors will lock and unlock again to let you know the remote was programmed, then you hit a button on any other remotes you are programming and the doors will lock and unlock again. Turn the key off and you are done! It takes only a couple minutes and this will delete any previous remotes and program the new ones. Hope this helps!!
Old May 31st, 2008, 09:08 PM   #23
Regular

2003 Mustang GT
Faster than a Yugo

NickM is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by HMUSN View Post
this is what I got from a search
This is the write up i have for it-

The keyless entry unit is in the trunk area on the drivers side. Remove the carpet material and there is a mounting bracket that holds the keyless entry unit (mounted on back) and the anti-theft unit (mounted on front. To program the keyless entry you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it on, but don't start car. In the trunk by the unit you will find a harness that has 2 pins, short those together and the doors will lock then unlock, that tells you that it is in program mode, then you push any button on the remote and the doors will lock and unlock again to let you know the remote was programmed, then you hit a button on any other remotes you are programming and the doors will lock and unlock again. Turn the key off and you are done! It takes only a couple minutes and this will delete any previous remotes and program the new ones. Hope this helps!!
That's the one I found on the search.
This car would flat walk my TBird SC-should be a learning experience.

Nick
Old June 1st, 2008, 01:21 AM   #24
Self proclaimed A-hole

White99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to allWhite99stang is a name known to all

its much easier to do a key fob program yourself without all that other bullshit, just turn the key in the ignition to acc and then back to off 7 times and then you will hear the doors lock, then hit the unlock key on the key fob and there its fuckin programmed
Old June 1st, 2008, 09:24 AM   #25
Carving corners

2002 Mustang GT

MineralGreyGT is a name known to allMineralGreyGT is a name known to allMineralGreyGT is a name known to allMineralGreyGT is a name known to allMineralGreyGT is a name known to allMineralGreyGT is a name known to all

Originally Posted by White99stang View Post
its much easier to do a key fob program yourself without all that other bullshit, just turn the key in the ignition to acc and then back to off 7 times and then you will hear the doors lock, then hit the unlock key on the key fob and there its fuckin programmed
+1 you will have to do this when replacing the batteries as well.

Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:20 PM   #26
Regular

2003, Mustang, GT
???

supercharged03gt is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MineralGreyGT View Post
+1 you will have to do this when replacing the batteries as well.
I never had to do it when I changed the batteries.

Mods: Vortech V-1 supercharger, BBK LT headers, BBK o/r X pipe, Flomaster cat back, 4:10 gears, Centerforce clutch, Fidneza aluminum flywheel, K-member, Eibach pro kit, MM caster camber plates, Eagle F1 tires 275 & 315.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:37 AM   #27

Charon is on a distinguished road

i've tried just about every different procedure i can find. 4 times, 6 times, 8 times, 10 times, hold the lock button, hold luck & unlock....nothing works. does that mean there's something wrong with the system? my remote wasn't working so i replaced the batteries.
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #28

2002 Mustang GT
Unknown

RTWeaver is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to RTWeaver

sup? newbie here... Just bought an 02 GT with only a single key fob, but also has an aftermarket alarm system that the stock key fob works with. I need a second key fob and am hoping the normal programming process will automatically also work for the new fob? Thanks, and great forum you have here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/73719-programming-key-fob-spare-keys.html
Posted By For Type Date
Programming key fob and spare keys This thread Refback June 2nd, 2008 01:13 AM

Threads Similar to: Programming key fob and spare keys
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Programming replacement Remote Keyless Entry JesusOnIceSkates 94-95 7 September 14th, 2009 11:03 AM
What Do You Think (Keyless FOB) Badasstang281 99 - 04 1 December 12th, 2007 10:45 PM
KEYLESS FOB NOT WORKING OR A NEW ONE NEEDS SETUP spicetraders Audio/Video 0 November 30th, 2006 11:21 PM
Car Programming GTSilver 99 - 04 4 September 21st, 2006 11:22 AM
Broken Key Cylinder removal - Key will not turn, Ideas? Murago 5.0 Mustangs 6 June 21st, 2006 10:35 PM