best way to flush radiator and all??
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #1
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

BakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud of

best way to flush radiator and all??

this water and all is pure brown and gritty and stuff. Flat NASTY! what is the best way to flush this. Ive heard you can buy radiator flush. Worth it? give me some steps. Thanks!!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 9th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

1. Empty it.
2. Fill it with water.
3. Run the car til its warm.
4. Drain it again.
5. Fill up agian with water.
6. Drain after warm again.

Do this until the water being drained comes out clean...

Then put in your 50/50 coolant mix...

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:26 PM   #3

BakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud ofBakerFX4 has much to be proud of

aight cool.
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM   #4
Proud American

1996 Mustang GT

MustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to beholdMustangMatt96GT is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MustangMatt96GT

BTW it can take up to 8 times of just filling it with water. Its a long process, but this way will help clean the block too...

1996 Mustang GT - Racecar
1995 Mustang GT - Daily Driver
Special Thanks to:
PoorMan Motorsports Full Parts Supply
MIA Motorsports For any Chassis Related Work or Drag Wings

25.3 SFI Chassis Build

Never Lift Racecars
Old June 9th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #5
Hardcore Enthusiast

1999 Mustang GT

quiksilver225 is on a distinguished road

unless your an earth friendly hippy i would just pull it over a drain and flush it.
remove the petcock from the bottom of the rad on the passenger side and the engine block drain plugs(if you want to, i usually dont). Fill it up and run your cleaner through it, if your gonna flush it u should buy a coolant system cleaner to run through. Then just let a hose run into the overflow and let the car run until nothing but pure clean water is coming out of the drainage. The hose trick is a nice way to avoid taking the block plugs out. It allows u to just run enough water through it that it cleans the whole system anyways. Dont buy 50/50 because ur getting ripped off. Instead of paying for half water get pure coolant and mix it yourself. Run it again until at normal operating temp, check all hoses and gaskets for small leaks and call it a day.
BBK CAI, March UDPs, Eibach Sportline Springs, MM C/C plates, Koni Yellows, Centerforce DF clutch, FRPP Billet Flywheel, B&M Pro-Ripper Shifter, BBK ceramic LTs, BBK catted X-Pipe, SLP LM1, EBC rotors, 4.10 FRPP gears

5.4 4V coming soon
Old June 9th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Enthusiast

2004 Mustang GT

KhaosGT is on a distinguished road

im a construction mechanic and when we flush coolant systems we drain the coolant and fill it back with water and put about half a cup of the powder type dishwashing soap(cascade) in the system and let it run then drain it then run it with pure water then drain it and replace the coolant...i am acutally going to do my coolant system this weekend...ill let you know how it goes...and im topping mine off with royal purple purple ice :-)

When I see a 5.0...I respect my elders.
Old February 11th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #7
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

You mean your top radiator hose? see if it has a hole or the clamp came off.
Old February 11th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #8
MM Fanatic

KB'd GT

Trick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to allTrick Tuners is a name known to all

Originally Posted by quiksilver225 View Post
unless your an earth friendly hippy i would just pull it over a drain and flush it.
remove the petcock from the bottom of the rad on the passenger side and the engine block drain plugs(if you want to, i usually dont). Fill it up and run your cleaner through it, if your gonna flush it u should buy a coolant system cleaner to run through. Then just let a hose run into the overflow and let the car run until nothing but pure clean water is coming out of the drainage. The hose trick is a nice way to avoid taking the block plugs out. It allows u to just run enough water through it that it cleans the whole system anyways. Dont buy 50/50 because ur getting ripped off. Instead of paying for half water get pure coolant and mix it yourself. Run it again until at normal operating temp, check all hoses and gaskets for small leaks and call it a day.
I do nearly the same thing. I collect the first drain of the radiator, then keep adding water with the engine running and the valve open at the bottom until it looks like clear water.
Old February 11th, 2009, 04:30 PM   #9

2000 mustang gt

00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice00redgt is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to 00redgt

used to i would take the hose off the heater coil,an drain the radiator an put the water hose into the hose on the heater coil an flush it also.both hose on the coil also 1 at a time.and it also pushing it threw ur heads and stuff.then fill ur radiator start the car. let the thermostat open an after it runs for ahile,flush it again threw the radiator
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #10
ajm
Banned

ajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud of

Id go with what mustangmatt said thats what I usually do, just drain what I can, refill with water, run it a bit, and repeat until I get 100% water. For cleaning out the brown gunk in the reservoir if you have any you can use the radiator flush stuff. I usually just pull the reservior off and fill it with 1/3 the bottle of flush and water and repeat until I use all the flush that way its a bit more concentrated in there to break down all that junk vs that little container of flush in 14qts of water. then drain and refill to whatever mix you prefer. Each to their own but im running 70% water 30% zerex original.

I just read the rest of the posts and what joe said would be quite a bit more time saving. Never though about doing it that way.

Last edited by ajm; February 11th, 2009 at 06:29 PM.
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #11

WOW... this was an old thread. F! LOL!
I was like.... WTF, i didnt post that.

4.75 MMR 900se
Livernois ported heads
HP 292s blower cams
Procharger D1sc at 20+ psi
IW 15% OD pulley
(and more bolt ons)
E85

Tune/numbers coming shortly!!
Old February 11th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #12
ajm
Banned

ajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud ofajm has much to be proud of

wow haha, i didnt even look at the dates i just seen it at the top and seen all the replies were today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: best way to flush radiator and all??
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
radiator flush sivart 5.0 Mustangs 14 December 5th, 2009 04:42 AM
coolant flush question juan310 V6 Mustangs 12 July 20th, 2007 01:51 PM
Radiator Flush MustangMo V6 Mustangs 12 June 6th, 2007 06:50 PM
I NEED A... Radiator flush El_Cangri V6 Mustangs 13 May 18th, 2007 02:10 PM
Fluid Flush/Changing DSEZ General Tech 1 January 31st, 2007 05:05 PM