Those of you running aftermarket sub/amps with the stock headunit
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Modular Mustangs > 99 - 04

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #1
One Man Wolf Pack

2006 Mustang GT
13ish....maybe

06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 06RedfireGT

Those of you running aftermarket sub/amps with the stock headunit

How did you wire the amp to the HU? I want to put a sub and amp in my Expedition which has the same headunit. Did you have to buy an adapter, or did you use the stock signal wires?

Advertisement

Old June 10th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #2
MM Fanatic

2000 ford mustang GT
I dunno yet

moosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to moosenuk17 Send a message via MSN to moosenuk17 Send a message via Yahoo to moosenuk17

this is what you do...
you are gna need a switch to turn your amp off so get a piece of speaker wire and run it back to your amp it serves as the remote wire. run everything the same but nothing runs offf your head unit, go to your local audio shop and ask if they carry an adapter fo a stock head unit to run an amp and subs. its a little, black box has a positive and negative wire and you connect the wires to your back speakers, it also has RCA jacks so you plug that into the RCAs in the amp. not hard, my mustang has it, but i suggest getting a after market deck, my adapter fried last week. good luck. o and be sure after the install to turn that switch off after you get out of your car, killed my battery a time or six. good luck
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #3
One Man Wolf Pack

2006 Mustang GT
13ish....maybe

06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute06RedfireGT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moosenuk17 View Post
this is what you do...
you are gna need a switch to turn your amp off so get a piece of speaker wire and run it back to your amp it serves as the remote wire. run everything the same but nothing runs offf your head unit, go to your local audio shop and ask if they carry an adapter fo a stock head unit to run an amp and subs. its a little, black box has a positive and negative wire and you connect the wires to your back speakers, it also has RCA jacks so you plug that into the RCAs in the amp. not hard, my mustang has it, but i suggest getting a after market deck, my adapter fried last week. good luck. o and be sure after the install to turn that switch off after you get out of your car, killed my battery a time or six. good luck
So with the box thing there is a possibility of running the battery down? Fuck that.
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

03TropicGt is on a distinguished road

everything he said was right besides the remote wire, dont do that! just run the remote wire to fuse box under accesory so when you turn the key it will turn on. and its called a converter box for the rca's
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #5
One Man Wolf Pack

2006 Mustang GT
13ish....maybe

I may just break down and buy a new headunit.
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

easiest way...
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #7
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

if you have the MACH system in your car all you need is a wiring diagram for the amps and im sure you can just grab a remote signal off that
Old June 10th, 2008, 05:35 PM   #8
One Man Wolf Pack

2006 Mustang GT
13ish....maybe

Well it's an Expedition but it has the same headunit as the cars with the Mach 460.

It is an Eddie Bauer so it has the factory subwoofer.
Old June 10th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #9
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

neverfastenough1 has a spectacular aura aboutneverfastenough1 has a spectacular aura about

Its pretty easy to do what he explained, but like said just run the hot wire to a switched fuse so it cuts off and on with the car. I think it is a lot cheaper and easier than buying, installing, and wiring a new head unit. The adapter is like 15 bucks. Then you just have to get the wiring kit for the amp, the amp, some connectors and the sub.
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM   #10
Regular

1997 mustang gt
8.06 at 87mph 1/8th mile on a 50 shot

bigmike83 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to bigmike83

i had mine run with a converter for a little while then i broke down and bought a head unit. it does sound ALOT better through aftermarket deck though.

or check out this link.
think i'm gonna get this for my lincoln ls

JL Audio: Products
off road h pipe,2 chamber flow,
3:73, diablo chip with dyno tune
269rwhp 301rwtq

5.4 SOHC FOR SALE
pm me for details
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #11
MM Fanatic

2000 ford mustang GT
I dunno yet

moosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to moosenuk17 Send a message via MSN to moosenuk17 Send a message via Yahoo to moosenuk17

sorry i fucked up, you do need the remote wire from the head unit to the switch then from the switch to the amp, my bad, slipped my mind for some reason sorry bout that, but yea just get a new head unit it is easier. again my bad,
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #12
MM Fanatic

2000 ford mustang GT
I dunno yet

well the remote wire from the stock head unit is wha ti did and thats prolly how i fried the adapter.
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM   #13
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

yojoe600 will become famous soon enough

we can run a line out converter from the rear amp deck... dont know if u have a rear amp deck or not

Cat Club Co-Founder
Old June 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT

yojoe600 will become famous soon enough

Mustangworld Subwoofer install to Mach460

Cat Club Co-Founder
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #15
Enthusiast

2001 Mustang GT
UNKown

RanGer498 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by yojoe600 View Post
Mustangworld Subwoofer install to Mach460
i sent him that info yesterday
-Tires 275/17x9F & 285/18x10R
-S&B Cold air intake
-R498 10" Fixed Black mist Antenna
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic14989_1.gif
1969-2010
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:50 PM   #16
Regular

99' Mustang GT
N/A

Naytoo is on a distinguished road

All my speakers say they are Mach 460.. But My head unit still has a tape deck, and the CD player just below...
99 gt
Old June 13th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #17
Enthusiast

1988 Mustang GT
N/A

Modified88Dreamer will become famous soon enough

I've always wanted to try the adaptor for the stock radio. This is what I have

Amp
JL Audio: Products

Sub
JL Audio Products: Subwoofers / 12W3v3
Old June 14th, 2008, 01:59 AM   #18
B0B
Boost gets you laid

2001 Mustang GT
12.93@113.7 (on the 18's)

B0B is just really niceB0B is just really niceB0B is just really niceB0B is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to B0B

i have a 12 inch sub and amp with my mach 460 and it sounds acceptable. go to bestbuy and ask for a "Line out Converter." they will know what you're talking about and hook u up its about 20 bucks. then you run the wires on the line-out to your rear speaker wires and thats how it gets its signal. its very easy and if you need help with what wires to connect to PM me and i'll find my thread that explains the whole process.

04 Mach 1. Whipple 2.3, T56, built motor. build in progress
'01 GT. Just a couple Bolt-ons. 0rwhp 0rwtq.
2003 Rubicon (wheelin rig)
2008 Silverado 4x4 (towin rig/road queen)

2009 KTM 450 XC-W (Brap Brap!)
Old June 14th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #19
Enthusiast

2006 Mustang gt

petyweestraw is on a distinguished road

Yo I did this exact same thing and it wasnt hard at all.hardest part was mount it to look neat. If you cant figure it out let me know. All you need to do is run the remote wire to your fuse box. Your lookin for a 12v power source that come on with the key. The get a converter to hook up to your rear speakers. No power needed , just the signal from the speakers. The rca wires plug in there. Pm me your email and I will send you pics.
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:02 AM   #20
Regular

2002 Mustang GT, 5 speed
13.60@105

Slow_Stang is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Slow_Stang

help

i got a line out converter, the IEC AULOC from best buy, it rated at 2channel- 60 watts is that strong enough for the sub to work? the mach headunit pushes out 75 watts to each speaker

Wisconsin BLOWS!!

riding the fail shuttle all the way to loser moon
whp:261 tq:301
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Those of you running aftermarket sub/amps with the stock headunit
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bridging stock amps (front door subs) tribaltek 2005 - 2010 17 May 20th, 2008 05:30 AM
How to install aftermarket headunit zinc02GT Audio/Video 1 February 2nd, 2008 02:20 AM
Stock Amps Reset Audio/Video 4 August 10th, 2007 01:57 PM
Stock 460 Amps! jerb43 Audio/Video 1 November 15th, 2006 10:10 AM
Quick Question (Stock Amps) mikethetigerrr Audio/Video 9 November 6th, 2006 12:47 AM