How to reattach glass to convertible top?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > All Other Vehicles

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 8th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all

How to reattach glass to convertible top?

The rear glass on my sister VW is separating from the top. Whats the best way to fix it?

Nothing says "were dating" like sticking your dick in her.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 8th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #2

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all03_StangGuy is a name known to all

any ideas?

Old July 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM   #3
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra
12.4@112mph 1.9-60ft 5000ft-DA

JoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to JoshC

honestly man, once it starts to separate youre better off replacing it. had this issue with my gt and ended up replacing the window cause even if you glue it back together itll start to come apart again.

My 04 Cobra Build <-- pics/info about my car

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:47 AM   #4
Cum On Me Bro

14 Fiesta ST

sikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud ofsikedsyko has much to be proud of

Is it a glass window or plastic?
Old July 9th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #5

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

Originally Posted by JoshC! View Post
honestly man, once it starts to separate youre better off replacing it. had this issue with my gt and ended up replacing the window cause even if you glue it back together itll start to come apart again.
You saying replace the glass or the whole top? The window is glass. Ive seen a few links online of people gluing it back with good results. Was hopin someone could give me some first hand experience on what works. My sis really doesnt have the money for a new top.

Old July 9th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #6
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra

JoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud ofJoshC has much to be proud of

Is the top and back window all one unit or are the multiple pieces to the top?

The tops on mustangs are two pieces. The back window is glued into its own section and then there is the top itself. If her car is the same way you can replace just the window section of the top but if it's all one piece it'll have to be the entire top that needs to be replaced. If you don't have that option you can try cleaning the section of the glass that has come off and glueing it back into place. That usually holds for a month or so but once the window has started to peal away it'll keep wanting to do so.

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Old July 9th, 2012, 11:19 AM   #7

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

I believe its all one piece. Cant hurt to try and glue it up.

Old July 9th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #8
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra

Deff won't hurt to try just make sure you clean both surfaces really well before hand. I hope that'll do ya some good cause I know how much of a pain these vert tops can be lol

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #9

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

Deff won't hurt to try just make sure you clean both surfaces really well before hand. I hope that'll do ya some good cause I know how much of a pain these vert tops can be lol
Any tips for cleaning the vinyl? Glass isnt so bad. The work isnt an issue so much as the money. My sister jusut graduated college and doesnt have a job yet. A few hundred for a top are not in the plans.

Old July 9th, 2012, 02:17 PM   #10
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra

Vinyl cleaner

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Old July 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #11
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra

Or some sort of top cleaner

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Old July 9th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #12

Blown 03 GT
11.81@123

Vinyl cleaner
That will removed the old glue?

Old July 9th, 2012, 04:26 PM   #13
I <3 Boost

04 Cobra

You're gonna have to scrape it off cause if you use any sort of adhesive remover you'll make it worse.

MM Cobra Club #2.76
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: How to reattach glass to convertible top?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mustang convertible top frame and glass sclass-hole 5.0 Mustangs 1 February 12th, 2012 09:04 PM
How to reattach 2002 convertible rear speaker cover (if possible) Shadowfire67 Audio/Video 5 September 19th, 2011 05:46 AM
Need budget Convertible top and Glass AJay V6 Mustangs 10 June 30th, 2010 04:19 PM
Rear Glass Lower Molding between glass & trunklid dannyboy281 99 - 04 3 May 1st, 2010 03:11 PM