4 way Wax FACEOFF - Forums at Modded Mustangs

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old January 10th, 2013, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Obsessed Detailer

4 way Wax FACEOFF

Note: Im not a professional, in this test i used the waxes per the directions on the pot and used a different Microfiber cloth to buff off each wax. The whole trunk was polished with V36/White pad followed by SF4500/Blue pad. After polishing the entire trunk was IPAed twice with a clean MF cloth.

Ok i finally got my wax video uploaded. I polished and prepped my entire trunk the same way in order to make the test as fair as possible.

Here's the vid, and ill have some follow-up comments. Click it HD!
Chemical Guys vs. Zymol vs Wolfgang Fuzion - YouTube

Follow up thoughts:

I will be monitoring this test for the next 4-6 weeks to see which wax maintains better water behavior, this car is DD and is outside 24/7.

CG XXX: Big surprise on the beading compared to the other waxes especially for the price point, but we will see about durability over the next few weeks.

Zymol: Im pretty blown away by the shear hydrophobic tendencies of this wax. I cant wait to see the durability, if its anything like the beading im pretty sure im gonna get a pot.

Pete's 53: This is one of my favs and so far i feel its letting me down. The reason i say this is because i had 2 coats of Pete's 53 on my mach 2 and it beaded/sheeted way better on my mustang than it is on my corolla, When it was on my mach 1 it beaded just like Zymol does on the corolla. but fair is fair, the trunk was all prepped the same way and IPAed at the same time.

Fuzion: Again, disappointed at the outcome here, this wax is very coveted and respected as a premium Carnauba and i was expecting more like what we saw out of Zymol. That being said, I WILL NOT give up on Fuzion yet. Fuzion is a pink color and I think one factor of this may be the top of my pot has a whitish color to it, i may need to get a little deeper into the pot to see results like sonic did. (See sonic's date with wolfgang) he got sick beading there, idk why im not.

In conclusion:

This is just a quick test. I plan on a followup test just to insure that my results are valid and consistent.

Always Clean Crew Founder Detailed Reflections LLC
2012 Brembo GT Premium|3.73|Magnaflow O/R TruX & Comp CB|Airaid CAI|Lund Tuned|CHE|Whiteline
1999 Vw Golf TDI D.D.
2003 Mach 1 - Sold
2003 Mach 1 - RIP
1989 LX 5.0 - Sold
2003 Sixxer - Sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page