mach 460 wiring diagram
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Audio/Video

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (4) Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM   4 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

01 RED GT is on a distinguished road

mach 460 wiring diagram

hey just need the wire colors for the headunit on the 01 mach 460 the double din unit, gota hook up a line driver for my amp and sub, thanks

Next-lowering springs, Mac LT's, 3.73 or 3.90 gears, black saleens or cobras, and maybe some juice
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

wraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to wraitherx Send a message via Yahoo to wraitherx

Battery VIOLET/LIGHT BLUE (+) RADIO HARNESS
Accesory BLACK/PINK (+) RADIO HARNESS
Ground BLACK/LIGHT GREEN (-) RADIO HARNESS
Illumination LIGHT BLUE/RED (+) RADIO HARNESS
LF Speaker (+) LIGHT BLUE/WHITE
LF Speaker (-) ORANGE/LIGHT GREEN
RF Speaker (+) DARK GREEN/RED
RF Speaker (-) WHITE/LIGHT GREEN
LR Speaker (+) TAN/YELLOW
LR Speaker (-) GRAY/LIGHT BLUE
RR Speaker (+) BROWN/PINK
RR Speaker (-) ORANGE/RED
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

ha thanks, I knew you would be first to respond, and also got another question for you, do you think this 8 volt line driver is gona be much better than just a normal cheap line output converter because the input sensitivity on my apine m500 amp im using is 0.2-4.0 volts.

Next-lowering springs, Mac LT's, 3.73 or 3.90 gears, black saleens or cobras, and maybe some juice
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:33 PM   #4
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

wraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud ofwraitherx has much to be proud of

these wire are actually not going to help. if you want to put in an aftermarket amp what you need to do is go pull your rear seats down and look up at your MACH amp rack. you will notice a gray plug in the middle with a set of BLACK/WHITE and BLACK/RED wires on it. you wil be tapping your wires into these BLACK/RED is positive and BLACK/WHITE is negative. the reason for this is these wire are actually before the amplifiers. if you go after the amplifier you will in escence be adding an amp on top of another amp. Get it
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:35 PM   #5
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

they are all basically the same that little bit more of power that you are getting is not gonna be anything that you can notice with an untrained ear if you were in an SQL or SPL competition and they had digital readers then thats when you would see a difference.f
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #6
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

ah yea gotcha that just a data cable back there? but i have a convertible just so you know

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #7
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

oh, then you should be fine then. just catch it at the wire behind the radio and you will be fine. I just realized that I only did that on the 99's the 01's and up are different audio setup then the 99's so you will be good.
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:40 PM   #8
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

it kind of gets hard to remember all the little tricks and trades after working on sooo many different cars over the past 4 years that i was doing this
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:42 PM   #9
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

the cool thing is the company i used to work for never changes their passwords to their sites for info and I have them all I used to work for best buy then I left as I got MASTER MECP certified and they refused to give me a raise.
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #10
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

alright cool deal, now im not competing or anything but am goin for the best sq i can get, im runnin the alpine m500 with a single 10 kappa perfect dual 4, got the 8 volt line driver and some competition series rca cables haha snatched them from my work, and have a 2 farad cap that a may or may not hook up, see my main concern is that i wont have enough power from my alt. to power my system because i have the steeda underdrive pulleys on my car, what do you think? should I upgrade the big 3?

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:46 PM   #11
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

ha nice man nice, i worked for best buy for a few months lol just sales floor in car auido, but mostly work at ciruit city now they pay me more and i can work sales floor and install bay both get to learn and experience more so im liking it

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #12
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

that would be the first step i would do, then after that if you still feel you need a little more power upgrade the alternator to a POWERMASTER one and a RED TOP
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #13
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

yea i havent really looked at my big 3 im guessin its like all 6 or 8 gauge factory so ill prolly re install 2 gauge, and yea i was just hoping to not have to mess with the alternator kina getting into more money and time than i wanted to spend on it at the moment but yea ive heard mixed things about the optima batterys but you pretty satisfied with them? how much that alternator cost you mentioned? and how many cranking amps does red top produce?

Old January 8th, 2009, 11:17 PM   #14
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

i personally like the optima batteries just due to the fact that they are dry spiral cell batteries, they last a little longer if you are just running your accessories with the car not running, less maintanence, can sit for a longer period of time without draining then traditional wet cell batteries. the alternators are anywhere between 150 to 300 from what ive seen and they are all mostly rated at about 200 or more. and i dont know the cranking amps that the optima batteries but im sure you could look it up on there website.
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #15
Regular

2001 Mustang GT convt

alright thanks ill check it out, also do you think im wasting my time hooking up the 2 farad cap? i may just do it for the looks of it lol but was not sure if it would help out my situation with the underdrive pulleys at all but im guessing probably not

Old January 9th, 2009, 07:47 AM   #16
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

i think that it will be a benefit since you have you UDP
Old January 9th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #17
Regular

2001 Mustang 3.8L

PacificMustang01 is on a distinguished road

This is kind of off topic but Ive searched a lot and never found an exact answer. Also, you guys in this thread really seem to know what you are talking about, so I'll take a shot and ask.....

I have an '01 vert with the stock Mach 460 system. Is there a way to splice in an input to hook up my MP3? I know that they sell adapters for this that hook up to the harnes and (I believe) work through the input for the trunk CD changer. But I'd rather not spend the money for that if there is a simple place to just splice in an RCA==>Headphone jack line.

And before anyone says it I really don't want to change out the head unit right now. Don't have the funds and I'm worried about theft where I park for work. It's best to keep things stock, as the only cars broken into at my work seem to be ones with high-end units.

Thanks all in advance, and sorry to go slightly off topic.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:51 AM   #18
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

there actually is a way. what you are looking for is an FM Modulator. now dont be fooled this is the direct connect method that ties into your car antenna behind the radio not the one that transmits. It has a female end that you stick your antenna into and then a male end that you stick back into the radio itself. now this also has a power side that has a switch connected to it so that you can manually turn it on and off. Along with that it has female RCA connections so what you will need is a Male RCA's to a 3.5" mini headphone jack. Now what this all does is to give you a direct signal through your radio without the static or anything like that. The only downfall to this is that it does not charge your device and you will still need to control it through the unit. Or what you can do is just to make a playlist of your favorite songs and then just let it play.
Old January 9th, 2009, 10:01 AM   #19
Premium Member

'99 SVT Cobra

Buy the Audiovox FM Modulator for Mobile Video and other Car video installation hardware at circuitcity.com

Buy the Monster 1/8" Stereo Mini Plug to RCA Cable and other Other MP3 accessories at circuitcity.com

these are an example of the things you want to be looking for
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:42 PM   #20
Regular

2001 Mustang 3.8L

PacificMustang01 is on a distinguished road

sweet! I wasn't aware of the FM modulator thing. I use the tape adapter in my other car and it works well. But I wasn't about to purchase a FM transmitter one because I know they don't work too well.

But the modulator looks like the ticket! Do you have any experience with it? Seems to have good reviews, and I can understand the concept of how it would be near CD quality.

Although it's still a little more than I want to spend.....I'll have to wait till next month. Why didn't ford make this stereo just use standard rca inputs? Must be because 2001 was before all this new tech had become big.

Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/audio-video/104658-mach-460-wiring-diagram.html
Posted By For Type Date
460 wiring schematics This thread Refback April 8th, 2013 08:15 PM
Wiring Diagram Ford Mustang Mach 460 on Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News, Shopping and more... This thread Refback September 26th, 2009 09:26 AM
Wiring Diagram for Mach 460 Speakers on Kosmix This thread Refback May 27th, 2009 12:08 AM
Mach 460 Wiring Guide on Kosmix This thread Refback May 14th, 2009 12:51 AM

Threads Similar to: mach 460 wiring diagram
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wiring diagram??? 00SoSlow 5.0 Mustangs 2 October 21st, 2008 12:28 PM
wiring diagram. HMUSN All Other Vehicles 2 September 23rd, 2007 10:37 PM
MACH 460 Wiring Harness Diagram 1wicked281 Modular Mustangs 2 May 24th, 2007 07:48 AM
Wiring Diagram slingblade05 5.0 Mustangs 3 October 16th, 2006 05:53 PM
Fuse panel diagram and Mach 460 Wire Map B0mb3r645 Audio/Video 1 August 27th, 2006 01:38 AM