How to install aftermarket radio with mach 460 - Page 4
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Audio/Video

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (12) Thread Tools
Old April 5th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #61

Dan87jr is on a distinguished road

2001 Mustang Mach 460 issue

I'm still unsure if that mean's I have to rewire my whole car or not? The system I bought is a Pioneer AVH-P230DVD (I would post the link the best buy where I got it but I'm new so I can't post links). I don't know a lot about cars but my friend said he'll talk me through doing it if I can put it in with the Mach 460 without having to rewire the whole car. I was just wondering if that's true and for any furter guidence to what I may need if I can do it.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 5th, 2011, 08:30 AM   #62
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

YOU DO NOT have to rewire the whole car...Just get the correct Metra Harness with the RCA ouputs and match colors...Its simple...I have done at least 6+ of these and they all work perfect...
Old April 12th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #63

Dan87jr is on a distinguished road

Anyone know what kind or how strong a bass blocker is needed if you don't have a head unit that will keep the frequencies well with the Mach 460?
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #64
Regular

2001 Mustang

mycurse01 will become famous soon enoughmycurse01 will become famous soon enough

my factory 6 disc changer quit so i installed a pioneer headunit that has 3 preamps in my 01 that had a mach 460 in it and i plugged in the 2 rca cables for the amps. turned it on and it sounds great then like 10 secs later the rear speakers sound like they are overdriven like maxing the speaker out and wont cut off. i unplugged the rear cable and it stopped and the front sound fine. plugged the rear back in and still overdriven. i tried switching to a different preamp and same thing. so for now im just running the front amps and not the rear. any suggestions of whats going on? i used the crutchfield install kit for 01-03 fords. i had no problem with the sound of the factory radio even with bass.

Mods in Garage

My Youtube Channel watch my funny videos, make me daz moneyz

Originally Posted by walt1120 View Post
Listen hoe, the terminator cobra is the most baddest piece of engineering ever to exist. A man becomes baddest the moment he sits in one.

Last edited by mycurse01; April 18th, 2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #65

jmc01gt is on a distinguished road

Time to bring this one up yet again.

I just installed a Kenwood KDC-BT645U in my 01 w/mach 460 and have the exact same problem as mycurse01, and I also have wicked RF interference when I start the car. I used the crutchfield harness, and grounded the amp grounds from the small harness to the amp grounds on the large harness? Is that cousing my problems? I'm tempted to just toss the CD6 back in and wrestle with this if/when I ever do an entire system build.
Old June 21st, 2012, 10:51 PM   #66
Look Ma! My First Post!

Kyle_KleinSS is on a distinguished road

Hey guys I just got my cobra a few days ago after an extensive search. I need to replace the cd player as it is broken and would rather go with the after market option. I found the right mount and wiring kit but my question is how many rca jacks need to be in the new unit to hook them all up 100%? I can install stereos but never had anything with a complicated sound system like this one
Old July 8th, 2012, 08:34 PM   #67
Regular

2002 Gt

RonB is on a distinguished road

Going to be installing my Sony in my 02 as soon as I get the harness in from Crutchfield. Can someone tell me what I should set the low and hi pass filters on the head unit to? I heard if they are not set right you will blow tweeter?

Last edited by RonB; July 22nd, 2012 at 08:14 PM.
Old July 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #68
Regular

2002 Gt

Originally Posted by RonB View Post
Going to be installing my Sony in my 02 as soon as I get the harness in from Crutchfield. Can someone tell me what I should set the low and hi pass filters to?
Anyone
Old July 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM   #69
Regular

2002 Gt

Originally Posted by RonB View Post
Going to be installing my Sony in my 02 as soon as I get the harness in from Crutchfield. Can someone tell me what I should set the low and hi pass filters on the head unit to? I heard if they are not set right you will blow tweeter?
Any help Please
Old July 23rd, 2012, 03:17 PM   #70
RLY SRS

ChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant futureChrisJ has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to ChrisJ Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisJ

I wish I could answer that but I dont know
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM   #71
Mama's Boy

interscope8 is on a distinguished road

holy hell... ford made this way more difficult than it should've been... they really didn't want people swapping out things if you got the Mach system...

Im helping on an install for a friend and he has this headunit:
Kenwood KDC-152 (KDC152) In-Dash Car CD/MP3/WMA Stereo Receiver

Now, we called and made sure to get the proper wiring harness... my issue is we are also hooking up 2 12's and an amp in the trunk... now do I need to get RCA splitters or something for a 2nd set of RCA jacks? Or would it be easier to just send the head unit back and get one with 2 sub outs?
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #72
Zip's half naked helper

2014 GT Premium

Marc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant future

Just split the RCAs.

Vote Now!

Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
White and 9" don't go together.

Old October 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM   #73
Mama's Boy

Ok cool! That's great news.
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:34 AM   #74
Mama's Boy

1999 Mustang with Mach... which harness
Receiver Wire Harness For select 2001-03 Ford and Lincoln vehicles at Crutchfield.com

or

Receiver Wiring Harness For select 1989-2000 vehicles at Crutchfield.com

No idea why this is so damn complicated... in my last install in my explorer I coulda done it blind folded.
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #75

MightyMight88 is on a distinguished road

Alright fellas, I've been looking at this forum all day, there's a lot of great information, but I haven't found anything that describes/fixes my problem. I have a 2003 Mach 1 with the 460. The speakers are stock but I just installed a Pioneer FH-X700BT. The bass works and sounds amazing when the car is stopped (either parked or at a red light) but as soon as I drive off, the bass completely cuts out.

This is very confusing to me... any help/suggestions? Thanks you!
Old December 29th, 2012, 11:05 PM   #76

Sorry... and ladies!
Old December 30th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #77
Enthusiast

ndfrspd can only hope to improve

thats crazy, i have never ever heard that one before. if you cant find the answer on the interent, go to a well respected car audio shop in your area and ask one of the technicians there, they can point you in the right direction or fix it for you.
Old December 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #78
Zip's half naked helper

2014 GT Premium

Marc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant futureMarc has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MightyMight88 View Post
Alright fellas, I've been looking at this forum all day, there's a lot of great information, but I haven't found anything that describes/fixes my problem. I have a 2003 Mach 1 with the 460. The speakers are stock but I just installed a Pioneer FH-X700BT. The bass works and sounds amazing when the car is stopped (either parked or at a red light) but as soon as I drive off, the bass completely cuts out.

This is very confusing to me... any help/suggestions? Thanks you!
Does it do this when stopped but revving the engine?

First thing I would do is look at the voltage going into the amp when driving. You will need help for this. But look at main power and ground at the amp and remote power and ground. Anything under 10 volts and over 15 volts would indicate a problem. That's where I would start looking.

Vote Now!

Originally Posted by 69fastback View Post
White and 9" don't go together.

Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:31 PM   #79

Originally Posted by Marc View Post
Does it do this when stopped but revving the engine?

First thing I would do is look at the voltage going into the amp when driving. You will need help for this. But look at main power and ground at the amp and remote power and ground. Anything under 10 volts and over 15 volts would indicate a problem. That's where I would start looking.
We didn't test when the car car was stopped and revving the engine, so I can't answer that. However when we did test the voltage it dropped to around 6 volts. Our problem was we couldn't find exactly where the blue/white wires on the harness connected to. So we switched the blue/white wires from where we had them to a 12 volt wire coming from the head unit and it seemed to have fixed the problem. Maybe it's just me, but the wiring diagrams that came with the head unit and wiring harness don't really help when using with the mach 460 system!

My description of the fix isn't very well detailed, but the bass bumps when I drive and when I'm parked... so I'm not complaining!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/audio-video/116467-how-install-aftermarket-radio-mach-460-a.html
Posted By For Type Date
Question about new sound system - 2010 GT : Mustang This thread Refback March 23rd, 2014 02:03 PM
Question about new sound system - 2010 GT : Mustang This thread Refback January 28th, 2014 10:20 AM
Help with wire issues - Ford Mustang Forums This thread Refback September 7th, 2013 06:27 PM
installed aftermarket headunit with mach460 - volume is now very low.. - Page 2 This thread Refback February 17th, 2013 09:29 PM
installed aftermarket headunit with mach460 - volume is now very low.. - Page 2 This thread Refback July 18th, 2012 12:10 AM
installed aftermarket headunit with mach460 - volume is now very low.. - Page 2 This thread Refback July 17th, 2012 09:39 PM
Mach 460 Wiring Diagram- AskKids.com This thread Refback April 29th, 2012 09:24 PM
question - Chevrolet | GMC | Ford | Dodge | Performance, Tech Forum | The Ultimate Truck Social Network - RGVTP.ORG This thread Refback March 24th, 2012 03:44 PM
question - Chevrolet | GMC | Ford | Dodge | Performance, Tech Forum | The Ultimate Truck Social Network - RGVTP.ORG This thread Refback March 24th, 2012 01:34 PM
Electronics on Forums at Modded Mustangs | BoardReader This thread Refback February 26th, 2011 09:46 AM
Wiring Diagram For Mustang Mach 460 This thread Refback September 8th, 2010 05:39 AM
Mach 460 Wiring Guide on Kosmix This thread Refback May 14th, 2009 12:51 AM

Threads Similar to: How to install aftermarket radio with mach 460
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aftermarket radio with 460 system scp616 Audio/Video 17 October 19th, 2009 05:54 PM
how to install aftermarket radio wraitherx Audio/Video 2 January 13th, 2009 01:50 PM
What aftermarket radio did you install? chad05gt 2005 - 2010 21 December 13th, 2008 12:37 AM
Non mach 460 a/m radio installation ZoomZoomMFer The Clubhouse 4 June 2nd, 2008 06:46 PM
Pioneer radio install in 98 gt with mach 460 98gtmike Audio/Video 5 March 3rd, 2007 09:49 PM