Sound System for a 2006 Mustang V6
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Audio/Video

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old November 14th, 2010, 03:15 AM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

MikeyL will become famous soon enough

Sound System for a 2006 Mustang V6

I have a 2006 Mustang V6. I'm planning on getting a Pioneer FH-P8000BT:
Pioneer USA - FH-P8000BT - Double-DIN CD Receiver with Built-In Bluetooth® Wireless and USB Direct Control of iPod

I want a some good speakers, subs, and amp. I'm not picky on brand names, and I don't want some huge extravagant system, just a decent one that sounds good, a 6-8 out of 10. I'd prefer under $1000 and I'd go up to $1200 or maybe even $1500. It has to be able to be installed in my mustang and sound good with rock music.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM   #2
MM Fanatic

SVTfocus, F250

mxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nice

are you going to do the install or have it all done?
Old November 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by mxnate116 View Post
are you going to do the install or have it all done?
My friends is gonna see if his dad can since he's installed all of their systems, but my car is newer than all of theirs so he probably won't be able to, so I'll most likely have my local car audio shop install it.

Old November 14th, 2010, 09:00 PM   #4
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

My friend recommended since it's for rock music to get 2 10in. subs.

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Regular

2003 mustang mach 1
13.51@103.4 1st time!

TRmach03 is on a distinguished road

^^or you could potentially save space and $$ and get a nice sounding 12. Although two tens have more cone area than a single 12. 2 10's aren't necessarily better for rock music than any other size subwoofer a 15" or even 18" subs depending on install and brand can have great SQ and hit those double drum kicks just as well. Don't let anyone tell you smaller subs are more able to hit "notes faster" than larger subs. i.e. 35 hz for an 8 is the same as 35 hz for an 18. Only difference is cone size, efficiency etc. Once you have an idea what you want just do a little research and I'm sure you will be satisfied with your choice.
Old November 16th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #6
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

Okay guys, this is what I have so far.

Head - Pioneer FH-P8000BT
Speakers - JL Audio VR525-CSi (front and rear deck)
Sub - Infinity 1262w 12"
Sound Ordinance™ Bass Bunker (sealed)

I do however still need to choose an amp. What are you guys' opinion on this so far? From Crutchfield with the 3 year warrenty, and so far it's just under $1,000.

Old November 16th, 2010, 02:08 AM   #7
MM Fanatic

SVTfocus, F250

mxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nicemxnate116 is just really nice

HU is good, ditch the rear speakers and spend the money on an amp for the front or better set of front speakers. also get 6.5's not 5.25's

i came across this sub the other day, and it will be on order come friday(payday) might be worth it for you. its a great musical sub, but needs a pretty small amount of space to get the job done, you may consider one 12 as well.

Dayton RSS265HO-4 10" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm | Parts-Express.com

ps shop somewhere else then crutchfield, they have a good selection and great customer support, but you can get way better deals on ebay or even woofersect.com
Old November 16th, 2010, 03:26 AM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT
fstr than tortoise slower than the hare

slater will become famous soon enough

i would ditch speakers as well.
alpine 1500 watt 5 channel amp is nice.

i have pioneer 4200, infinittia kappa 6x9 speakers front and back, alpine 10 inch sub, equalizer, and the amp i mentioned above. nothing extravagant by any means but it kicks more as than most people home entertainments systems. was tuned by mecca and won 2nd for audio at a local car show

tri ax short shifter,4.10's, shaker,Ford Racing TB, full mac exhaust,steeda CMDP,Vortech V3Si HO,Brenspeed supercharger detroit rockers, BMR lowering springs/relo brackets/LCA's 479/417

http://www.warhorsesofamerica.webs.com/
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #9
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by slater View Post
i would ditch speakers as well.
alpine 1500 watt 5 channel amp is nice.

i have pioneer 4200, infinittia kappa 6x9 speakers front and back, alpine 10 inch sub, equalizer, and the amp i mentioned above. nothing extravagant by any means but it kicks more as than most people home entertainments systems. was tuned by mecca and won 2nd for audio at a local car show
Would you recommend those speakers you have?
Do I need an amp that big? Or can I go with a smaller one.

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM   #10
Regular

2003 mustang mach 1
13.51@103.4 1st time!

Kappa's have the pivoting dome tweeter if I'm not mistaken, pretty good little coaxial right there and not too expensive. The dayton reference is a great little sub good sound for little money, also might want to check out the phoenix gold rsdc sub (fantastic budget sub).

If you are concerned with proper imaging in your sound stage, Do what others have said and don't worry about rear speakers, You can spend the money for 1 pair of super nice fronts and you'll be happy.
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:28 AM   #11
Enthusiast

2003 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by TRmach03 View Post
Kappa's have the pivoting dome tweeter if I'm not mistaken, pretty good little coaxial right there and not too expensive. The dayton reference is a great little sub good sound for little money, also might want to check out the phoenix gold rsdc sub (fantastic budget sub).

If you are concerned with proper imaging in your sound stage, Do what others have said and don't worry about rear speakers, You can spend the money for 1 pair of super nice fronts and you'll be happy.
Wouldn't you get more of a "surround sound" sound to it if you had front/back?

Is it better to get coaxial or component speakers?

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #12
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

im not a huge car electronic expert, but the kappas, sound unbelievable in my opinion. i think i mentioned above all my factory speakers were replced with 6x9 kappas. i love it. i never imagined a car stereo sounding this good. the amp, probabaly dont need one that big, but i wanted a good safety zone.
its loud, but no matter how loud you crank it, it sounds good. no crackling not trunk rattling bullshit. good clean sound

tri ax short shifter,4.10's, shaker,Ford Racing TB, full mac exhaust,steeda CMDP,Vortech V3Si HO,Brenspeed supercharger detroit rockers, BMR lowering springs/relo brackets/LCA's 479/417

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:41 AM   #13
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

Infinity Kappa 692.9i - car speaker - offers - Bing Shopping

you may have searched for these already, but im bored. as you can see, they arent expensive. i got mine from crutchfield.

what ever you do stay away from dealer cost car audio (DCCA)

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM   #14
Regular

2003 mustang mach 1
13.51@103.4 1st time!

For proper imaging rear speakers are not recommended. Music is recorded in left to right stereo with emphasis on frontal staging and imaging. Sometimes, very rarely, music is recorded in 5.1 surround for DVD Audio. Most of us don't have DVD Audio capabilities in our car (and if you do, you SHOULD have rear speakers). So for this stereo recorded music you should have a stereo speaker system.

The goal in a well designed system for best sound quality is to have the proper Imaging and good stage depth.

Imaging: Imaging has to do with left to right and center sound. The "Image" of where the music is coming from can vary depending on where the artist wants. One really good song for an example of left to right imaging is Pink Floyd's "Money" Where you can clearly hear the "chaching" and the cash register's sound move from left to right. Then you also have a center image. Most vocals are supposed to be centered coming from right in the middle of the dash, under the rear view mirror.

If you've ever listened to Nora Jones, the recording has a very prominent center image.

Rear speakers can throw off this imaging BIG TIME. Try fading your speakers all the way to the rear and have the left to right balance at 0. You will notice that you can clearly hear the left rear speaker more than the right rear speaker. Well when you have your front speakers faded in, that left rear speaker is pulling your imaging to the left. Not good
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #15
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

this is my sub

Alpine SWR-1043D Type-R 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield Signature

this is the amp

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500PDX5...+5+channel+amp

Last edited by slater; November 16th, 2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:52 AM   #16
Regular

2003 mustang mach 1
13.51@103.4 1st time!

As for your other question components are the best. Although to set up properly you need good custom kick panel enclosures and some info on how to set your crossovers etc.. In the end they're well worth the work you put into setting them up.
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #17
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

Originally Posted by TRmach03 View Post
For proper imaging rear speakers are not recommended. Music is recorded in left to right stereo with emphasis on frontal staging and imaging. Sometimes, very rarely, music is recorded in 5.1 surround for DVD Audio. Most of us don't have DVD Audio capabilities in our car (and if you do, you SHOULD have rear speakers). So for this stereo recorded music you should have a stereo speaker system.

The goal in a well designed system for best sound quality is to have the proper Imaging and good stage depth.

Imaging: Imaging has to do with left to right and center sound. The "Image" of where the music is coming from can vary depending on where the artist wants. One really good song for an example of left to right imaging is Pink Floyd's "Money" Where you can clearly hear the "chaching" and the cash register's sound move from left to right. Then you also have a center image. Most vocals are supposed to be centered coming from right in the middle of the dash, under the rear view mirror.

If you've ever listened to Nora Jones, the recording has a very prominent center image.

Rear speakers can throw off this imaging BIG TIME. Try fading your speakers all the way to the rear and have the left to right balance at 0. You will notice that you can clearly hear the left rear speaker more than the right rear speaker. Well when you have your front speakers faded in, that left rear speaker is pulling your imaging to the left. Not good

you lost me on all that. but mine dont do that at all. the pioneers decks have the option to listen to one mode in front and another mode in the back. so, you can listen to radio in front and say, ipod in the rear. and it all sounds good

Old November 16th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #18
Regular

2003 mustang mach 1
13.51@103.4 1st time!

AH the new model rated for 600 rms. Try looking into the pdx 600.1 from alpine. That amplifier is an excellent match.
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #19
Regular

2003 mustang mach 1
13.51@103.4 1st time!

Hmm never used pioneer decks but from what I hear they have excellent tuning controls and equalizers. Personally I love my alpine 9887 but have always wanted to try out a pioneer.
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM   #20
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 mustang GT

i love the pioneer 4200. minus the fact that to get Xm, you have to buy an adaptor which i didnt know til after the install. so i had to take it back in to add on the xm. if you want BT, you have to buy that adaptor. and if you want gps, you have to buy THAT adaptor also. but, overall i love it. the equalizer in the 4200 is very nice, but i also have an external one hooked up also.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/audio-video/192053-sound-system-2006-mustang-v6.html
Posted By For Type Date
All Done My Friends This thread Refback July 21st, 2011 05:09 PM

Threads Similar to: Sound System for a 2006 Mustang V6
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Step By Step Sound System Installation 00-04 Mustang GT mixedbreed02gt Audio/Video 24 December 30th, 2012 11:32 AM
PipeLine Intercooled Single Turbo System V6 (2005-2006 4.0L) 99mustang232 V6 Mustangs 15 September 8th, 2007 04:02 PM
Sound System for Mustang ChristOne V6 Mustangs 28 July 12th, 2007 05:40 AM
2006 v6 mustang turbo system? demdivers V6 Mustangs 7 May 2nd, 2007 05:40 AM
My Sound System trueballerisme 2005 - 2010 30 December 31st, 2006 11:47 AM