Window wont go down!
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > General Tech > Audio/Video

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Regular

oasr87 is on a distinguished road

Window wont go down!

My window on the drivers side wont go up or down.
I already changed the switch and tested the motor and the motor works perfectly. I am out of ideas. plz help....
Thanx
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 6th, 2007, 02:33 PM   #2
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

is it off track perhaps?
Old July 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM   #3
MM Fanatic

89 GT

fogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura about

does the switch work the motor? or when you hit the switch does nothing happen at all?

If the motor spins but the window doesn't go anywhere then it could be like HMUSN said, off track, or it could be the gears stripped out in the mechanism.
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #4
Regular

Cant be off track because I snapped the wires off the motor and connected them directly to the battery and the window went up with no problem. The switch does not give power to it. I press it and nothing happens the motor does not spin. thanx for the help guys any clue on wuts goin on??
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:21 PM   #5
Doc

1986 SVO
48.47@ 12.58

HMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond reputeHMUSN has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a dud switch to me..
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #6
MM Fanatic

89 GT

fogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura aboutfogged306 has a spectacular aura about

I think you are missing 12v in to the switch, do you have a test light or a multimeter?
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:34 PM   #7
Regular

yea ive got both what should i do. the switch works with the passenger side window but not the drivers
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #8
MM Fanatic

89 GT

I always use a test light because its just easier for me. I don't have the schematics for that car infront of me so this is going to be a little tough. First just test all the wires at the switch and see where you are getting 12v in... just make sure the key is on, of course.

when you say, the pass switch works, do you mean the pass, switch on the drivers side?
Old July 6th, 2007, 03:45 PM   #9
MM Fanatic

89 GT

ok I found the up and down wire colors but not the 12v. but this should help a little anyway.

drv.........yellow-up wht/blk-down
pass.......wht/yel-up tan/blu-down
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM   #10
Regular

Well you know how the drivers master switch has a switch for the drivers and the passengers window. Well that switch works with the passengers window but not the drivers.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:04 PM   #11
MM Fanatic

89 GT

well, I think I should head back to work.. 3 hr lunch break and all. I would start at the up and down wires and see if they are outputing when you hit the switch, if they aren't, which is probably the case, then you don't have 12v in.. could be a broken wire, usually in the door boot, or a broken breaker in the fuse box. It will look like a big fuse made out of metal, kinda. look in your owners manual to see where these are located.. I think they are usually 30 amp.

When I get back from work I'll check the thread.. let me know any updates and I'll see what else I can come up with if it still isn't working.
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #12
MM Fanatic

89 GT

Originally Posted by oasr87
Well you know how the drivers master switch has a switch for the drivers and the passengers window. Well that switch works with the passengers window but not the drivers.
Ok well it still could be a lack of 12v in to the drivers side of the switch.. the way those switches are set up is called 5 wire reverse polarity. meaning when you push the switch up, it sends a positive out one side and a negative out the other, and vise versa for down. there are only 2 wires that are actual outputs on the switch and they go directly to the drv. motor.

The motor will go in one direction when 12v is applied to it and reverse its direction when you flip the polarity of the wires... the switches are designed to do this without any need for relays so its really easy to diagnose.

I also didn't mention in the last post that when you are testing for 12v out of the one wire, i.e. up.. test for ground on the down wire. do the samw when testing for 12v on the down wire, while pressing down on the switch.

If this makes no sense to you, sorry... I have been doing this for years and sometimes forget how to simplify to someone who hasn't.... I'm way better with pictures, haha
Old July 7th, 2007, 01:43 AM   #13
Regular

tested the switch and I get 12 volts up and down. what im thinking is the connection from the motor to the switch is probably bad i dunno. thanx for the help. I just started to take out my motor to get it rebuilt, so I wont be able to do any electrical on it for a week. :-(

Old July 12th, 2007, 02:58 AM   #14
Hip Hop Artist

Byebye V6~
Welcome Home New Pony :P

Youngin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of lightYoungin is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to Youngin

i had this problem on my focus .. when it was bored the windows wouldnt come down or sometimes it wouldnt go back up . had to wait in car for 6hours once thats the main reason i switched cars to this stang.

ItaliStang Made.. Maybe Red But Makes One Hell Of A Sig

http://www.myspace.com/moddedmustangz
Modded Mustang's Song

Old June 5th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #15

Florida Mustang is on a distinguished road

One touch module is the problem

The one touch module on the driver side is the problem. The other side window will work fine. Replace that module and all will work. Ford has bad modules for power windows. Check and see if that is your problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Threads Similar to: Window wont go down!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
window wont go up ddashtrois 99 - 04 7 September 9th, 2007 01:37 PM
My Driverside window wont roll up. mustangmanic 99 - 04 11 September 4th, 2007 06:12 PM
wont fit 96gtponyred 96 - 98 4 August 24th, 2007 02:21 PM
window wont rull up and its raining. coffinator6 99 - 04 4 August 4th, 2007 07:26 PM
Wont be on MM as much.... TurboLX The Clubhouse 30 July 25th, 2007 02:25 PM