Headroom ?
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Classic Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 21st, 2012, 11:11 PM   #1

1968 Coupe

1968coupe is on a distinguished road

Headroom ?

Finished the interior of my 68 coupe today and sat in it for the first time. To my surprise my head almost touched the headliner, Im only 6 and have never had headroom problems with other cars. Is anyone aware of any seat adjustments or modifications that can help? Id like to avoid buying new seats.
Thanks
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 22nd, 2012, 02:26 AM   #2
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner

1967 Mustang
2002 Roush 360R

Blue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to beholdBlue67coupe is a splendid one to behold

Are you using stock seats? I'm like 5"10 and have plenty of head room. It might be possible that you have some seat risers welded in

67 Coupe
03 Roush: sold
02 Roush 360R
Old March 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM   #3
Lost in the 60's

1968 GT 500 Super Snake
12.6 @ 114.3

MustangOne has a spectacular aura aboutMustangOne has a spectacular aura aboutMustangOne has a spectacular aura about

You can change your seat riser for 69/70 seat risers and give 1.5" more head room.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM   #4
Because SBF

1969 Mustang Mach 1
6.12@112

Location: Where the rays of light shine through my Shiner Bock bottle
69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of69fastback has much to be proud of

My head hits the roof in my '69 as well. It makes the cage interesting.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:02 PM   #5
Regular

Mustangs To Fear is on a distinguished road

The ABS headliner that we make would help you out. You can gain over 2" of head room. It's on our website MustangsToFear under parts catalog and interior products.
Old March 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #6

03 GT, 64 GMC

BA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant future

I'm 6'4 and my head touched the headliner if I sat straight up.

Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I'm a fucking idiot. I'll do it with my sister.
64 GMC build
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Regular

The first head headliner we installed for a customer was 6' 3" and he had room to spare. We are building a 67 coupe for a customer and beside our headliner, we are installing the 69 seat risers to gain another 1 1/2.
Old March 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Hardcore Enthusiast

1968 Mustang 302

Edgethis has a spectacular aura aboutEdgethis has a spectacular aura aboutEdgethis has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Edgethis

I don't have any head room issues and I'm 6'1" Were there any differences in options that would affect seat height?

Old March 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM   #9
Regular

I can't honestly say if there is a height difference between a coupe or a fastback, but this customer never could sit straight up in his seat without his head touching, it was a fastback.
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:26 PM   #10

03 GT, 64 GMC

BA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant futureBA Mustang has a brilliant future

Mine only did it after I reupholstered the seats and replaced the seat foam.

Originally Posted by crackpotfox View Post
I'm a fucking idiot. I'll do it with my sister.
64 GMC build
Old March 26th, 2012, 06:43 AM   #11
Regular

Where you can really run in to a problem, is if you race and wear a helmet. The 65-68 coupe and fastbacks are done, next this summer is the 69-70 fastbacks.
Old April 1st, 2012, 10:45 AM   #12

1968 Coupe

1968coupe is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the suggestions. The passenger side was fine so we got a new platform for the divers side and lined them up. Now I've got another 2".

I should be driving it within a couple of weeks, just in time for Mustangs Plus show.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.