1971 Mustang help/advice
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Classic Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #1

00ROUSH is on a distinguished road

1971 Mustang help/advice

Hi, Im currently assisting in the resto of a 71 mustang. I have completely blown the car apart and have begun to sandblast. Now here is the issue RUST! The car is from IL and is still here and it is bad. The entire front sub frame near the firewall is really bad. I have a full shop, lift, welder and the such and not afraid to get dirty. I want to custom fab the whole front frame kinda race inspired (the car will not be a correct resto... sorry to all the OEM guys) it will be a very utilitarian car(bare bones), access panels and such to ease fixing it later on. I need to hear about the do donts, let the pros do it, I did this, I did that, kinda advice.You can email me at cbab0510@yahoo.com Thanks in advance for your help. Oh a few specs on it so far.
engine: 460 built (on stand)
trans: 4 speed manual
rear: ford 9

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #2

Chris71Mach1 is on a distinguished road

Make no mistake, this ain't gonna be an easy project. I had a 71 Mach 1 that I was gonna restore and I quickly found that the 71-73 cars seem to be the "bastard stepchild" of the classic Stang family. Parts are out there, but you gotta look REAL hard to find them, and you really should save every link that you find as a success. They all come in handy later down the line.

As for a custom frame fab, that's uncharted territory for a LOT of people. I can see a lot of benefits in it, though obviously you wanna save anything that you replace so you can use it as a template and/or reference.

Good luck with what looks to become a beast of a build! post pics, dude!
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #3

00ROUSH is on a distinguished road

Hey thanks for the input man! This looks to be quite a challenge. I just can't see saving this front end! It is really bad.
Attached Thumbnails
1971 Mustang help/advice-image.jpg  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.