largest mustang junkyard nobody knows of is crushing everything
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > Mustang Forums > Classic Mustangs

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (37) Thread Tools
Old November 19th, 2008, 12:57 PM   37 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1

1967 Mustang Coupe 289

67bullittcoupe is on a distinguished road

largest mustang junkyard nobody knows of is crushing everything

Hey guys this is Bullitt, but i recently read this thread on another forum about a giant mustang junkyard.

if you do one thing today look at the pics, they will blow your mind,

Special thanks to Bkl89 for the info.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the pics I took.

bkl89 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This guy has collected HUNDREDS of acres of cars! NOBODY knows about this place. Its in the middle of nowhere in RI. The owner is working on CRUSHING all these vintage cars! He has been instructed by the state to get rid of all the cars. It will take years to crush all these cars and the owner is 70 years old. I have no idea what will become of the largest junkyard I have ever seen. Nobody knows of this place. Thousands of these classics will go to waste. Here is mostly mustang pictures I took . There us Hundreds of 64-71 Mutangs. Boss, mach 1, many many convertibles, K codes, fastbacks.. Maybe shelbys? The owner is crazy. He's always drunk is very hard to deal with. He's in another world. He said he personally DROVE nearly all the cars in a field in the 60's-70 and left them there for dead. Many are rusted beyond repair. But there still many parts cars. It will take about two weeks of walking 5 hours a day to see all the cars here. Plus many of them are so buried in overgrown trees and prickers there is no way to see them. I seen a dozen complete 392 hemi cars. This guy refuses to advertise, so nobody knows about it. Believe it or not the guy is still buying cars and driving them in the woods. The last time i was there the owner bought a running 60's mustang and drove it in the woods to be left for dead.

Some people may see these pictures and see this and think this mess is illegal, well it may be, but the state is aware of it and they have ordered him to clean it up. He is cleaning it, just very slowly. He is 70 years old and when he dies or goes fully blind (he is almost blind) The junkyard will be taken over by the state and over 20,000 classic cars will be destroyed. I do not have the owners phone number. He will sell parts or cars, but is hard to deal with and if you go there he will usually walk you to the car you need parts for if he's not too drunk. He will not let you wander around the yard by yourself to look at whatever you want.

I know I will get endless emails about this so I will give you all the info I have right here.

If you want to see this massive junkyard from a map view I found it on google maps. You can see the cars scattered in the woods.
According to google maps location is called "brant trail". Scroll over from that location and follow the trail of junk in the woods.

Heres a direct link.

Google Maps

If you want to see the yard the address is:

60 weaver hill road
West Greenwich, RI

According to google maps location is called "brant trail"
Advertisement

Old November 19th, 2008, 01:22 PM   #2

1966 Coupe

AtlantaSteve is on a distinguished road

WOW that google maps view is CRAZY! The link in the post didn't work, but I just plugged the address in, switched to satellite view, and followed brant trail away from the main highway...eventually you hit the yard, and MAN! Damn shame all that classic iron is being shredded...Some of it probably is too far gone to keep, but I've seen people start with less than that and build beautiful cars.

Steve
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 19th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #3
Regular

2004 Mystichrome Cobra

Mystic Venom is on a distinguished road

holy shit. where is that located. i want to go, like now. thats amazing. some of those cars are just fine but need A LOT of tlc
Old November 19th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #4
Fashion Guru

2006 Chevy Equinox

gooberhead320 has a spectacular aura aboutgooberhead320 has a spectacular aura aboutgooberhead320 has a spectacular aura about

thats ridiculous that he has that many cars in there. seeing it on the map is just insane

Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
goobers car would whoop on ur fox so you sir fail
Originally Posted by 93hatch View Post
im so gay i wish my gf was as pretty as goober
I love 93hatch
Old November 19th, 2008, 10:33 PM   #5
Lost in the 60's

1968 GT 500 Super Snake
12.6 @ 114.3

MustangOne has a spectacular aura aboutMustangOne has a spectacular aura aboutMustangOne has a spectacular aura about

This is a place I found in Arizona

Old November 19th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #6
The Hammer

Millenium Falcon
"Lived the Dream, Created the Reality, Basking in my Awesomeness"

G.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond reputeG.T. Rags has a reputation beyond repute

so bwals family is crushing all the cars in there yard?

cool

Originally Posted by TheUNZippee! View Post
I would eat the peanuts out of her shit

Car Salesman Club - The Hammer
ModdedMustangs Conspiracy Group: President
Old November 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #7
Enthusiast

2003 vert gt
12.703@ 107.65 KCIR

mtw002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mtw002 Send a message via MSN to mtw002 Send a message via Yahoo to mtw002

Originally Posted by MustangOne View Post

Where is this place in AZ?

1989 mustang lx 92gt short block w/gt40p (SOLD)

1985 mustang GT (SOLD!)

1998 gt mustang bone stock (03 DOHC build, gathering parts!)

1983 Ford Fairmont 2.3 dirt car
Old November 20th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #8
Regular

2001 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Slow....and.....Sluggish

01Ranger is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to 01Ranger

I must go to this junkyard and take all the cars out. some can be saved, while others are laid to rest.

MM Truck Crew Member
MM NASCAR Crew (co-founder)
MM Snowmobile Club(co-founder)

Originally Posted by HMUSN View Post
Zip has the hots for anything that has a fuck hole.

Call me Dragon
Old November 20th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #9
Editor

1972 Dodge Dart
under restoration (will we ever stop buying stuff that needs work?)

2000ranger is on a distinguished road

Wow.......that is all

slow car club - crew member 6 of 9

Hoof beats are louder than Heartbeats

Cat Club Co-Founder

MM Snowmobile club (founder)
Old November 23rd, 2008, 09:20 AM   #10
Hardcore Enthusiast

1996 GT Convertible
13.88@100.71 N/A

BAzombie is just really niceBAzombie is just really niceBAzombie is just really niceBAzombie is just really nice

Years ago when I was building my '69, I spent years walking around salvage yards just like that. A piece of chrome here, a letter there. When your 18 and broke, salvage yards are your only hope. Most of the yards gave me the pieces for free. It's a shame those days are coming to an end for the younger generations. You can learn an awful lot hanging out a salvage yards.

Now that I'm older and have to buy all my mods, I wish I was 18 again.

Originally Posted by xkape View Post
I like MM though. It's a mustang forum, and, the only one I know of where I could tell you to fuck off.. or to suck my dick. Or, to tell you you have a small penis or that I fucked your mom last night and it's ok.
Old February 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #11
Regular

Israel is on a distinguished road

Waaay old, but was this for real?
Old February 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #12
MM Fanatic

2002 true blue GT

kyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of lightkyle2002stang! is a glorious beacon of light

i cant find jack shit. i put in the adress and fail to see a brant trail.

edit: nvm i found it. HOLY SHIT!

ON3 FF turbo kit
E85
Stock drivetrain
386rwhp 458rwtq
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:49 AM   #13
Enthusiast

'95 GT
Was probably faster before I got it.

Countryboy_99 will become famous soon enough

Why the frick does it have to be in RI, though!!!
Old February 21st, 2011, 12:45 PM   #14
Regular

Originally Posted by MustangOne View Post

Please tell me about the place in AZ.
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:00 PM   #15
Regular

Over on MustangForums.com a member somehow stumbled upon a 200 plus acre Mustang Junkyard in the middle of nowhere in Rhode Island. The junkyard which was started in the 60's is populated with heavy tree cover and brush and is said to house some 20,000 antique and classic cars all throughout the woods. According to the forum member the cars were driven into the field and left to rust by the owner of the junkyard who is now in his 70's, going blind and has a drinking problem. Recently the state was made aware of this junkyard and ordered the owner to clean it up or all the cars will be crushed. There are said to be hundreds of 64-71 Mustangs including convertibles, Mach 1's, Boss', K-codes, fastbacks and maybe even Shelby's.

From the photos you can clearly see most of the Mustangs have heavy rust and body damage so restoring these will definately be challenging. If you have time I would look through a few of the junkyard photos below and after jump along with the arial satellite views showing all the cars scattered throughout the 200 acre woods.

Multi-page thread on this place
Old February 21st, 2011, 01:16 PM   #16
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1996 GT

1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of

SO many fast backs! Were did he ever even get the money for all of these? I even saw a super bee in there!
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:53 PM   #17
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

blackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura about

Wow that place is massive, its a shame they are junking so many nice old cars
Old February 21st, 2011, 08:56 PM   #18
Hardcore Enthusiast

2006 Mustang GT

blackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura aboutblackGTstang has a spectacular aura about

WHY the 69!!!
Old February 21st, 2011, 09:27 PM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang Mach1

04Machsy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blackGTstang View Post
WHY the 69!!!
thats not a '69, that would be a '70
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:45 PM   #20
I Post Entirely Way Too Much

1996 GT

1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of1996 GT has much to be proud of

I've noticed all of the x's on the cars, witch means thats the ones their crushing. Is this were Gregski got his '68?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/classic-mustangs/98125-largest-mustang-junkyard-nobody-knows-crushing-everything.html
Posted By For Type Date
Untitled document This thread Refback June 19th, 2014 10:28 PM
Untitled document This thread Refback June 19th, 2014 10:18 PM
Folks Of Interest - Huge junk yard in Rhode Island "Brant Trail" Pics | The H.A.M.B. This thread Refback May 16th, 2014 03:26 PM
Untitled document This thread Pingback July 12th, 2011 07:07 AM
Untitled document This thread Pingback June 23rd, 2011 11:29 AM
Street Legal TV Mustangs Left to Rot in New England Salvage Yard Print This thread Refback May 27th, 2011 11:31 PM
Ford Mustang Salvage Yards | www.BizPlenty.com This thread Refback March 23rd, 2011 11:23 AM
Mustang Junkyards | Life123 This thread Refback March 13th, 2011 12:01 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback March 8th, 2011 11:37 AM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 28th, 2011 11:34 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 28th, 2011 03:31 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 28th, 2011 02:46 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 27th, 2011 02:11 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 27th, 2011 10:17 AM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 27th, 2011 03:48 AM
Street Legal TV This thread Refback February 26th, 2011 12:46 AM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 25th, 2011 08:39 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 25th, 2011 01:04 AM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 25th, 2011 12:26 AM
Mustangs Left to Rot in New England Salvage Yard - StangTV.com This thread Pingback February 24th, 2011 07:43 PM
Mustangs Left to Rot in New England Salvage Yard - StreetLegalTV.com This thread Pingback February 24th, 2011 07:43 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 24th, 2011 05:15 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 24th, 2011 10:53 AM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 24th, 2011 09:39 AM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 23rd, 2011 03:57 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 23rd, 2011 03:05 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 23rd, 2011 02:17 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 23rd, 2011 12:09 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 22nd, 2011 11:00 PM
moparts: Crazy Classic Car Junkyard in RI - INSANE! This thread Refback February 22nd, 2011 10:59 PM
Folks Of Interest Huge junk yard in Rhode Island This thread Refback December 25th, 2009 06:44 PM
Folks Of Interest Huge junk yard in Rhode Island This thread Refback April 22nd, 2009 09:47 PM
Huge junk yard in Rhode Island This thread Refback April 22nd, 2009 09:37 PM
What makes me cry :( - The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network This thread Refback April 22nd, 2009 03:01 PM
Agricultural Salvage Yards Billings Mt Salvage Yards Arizona Vintage Salvage Yards | Townebmw This thread Pingback February 15th, 2009 08:53 PM
early mustang parts | Digg hot tags This thread Pingback November 19th, 2008 05:51 PM
mustang parts and accessories | Digg hot tags This thread Pingback November 19th, 2008 02:38 PM

Threads Similar to: largest mustang junkyard nobody knows of is crushing everything
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
junkyard thread deedub97GT The Clubhouse 4 August 2nd, 2008 05:42 PM
Looking for Junkyard RandoGT 96 - 98 3 March 28th, 2008 11:39 AM
Junkyard TC Motor StangAddiction 2.3 Mustangs 13 January 20th, 2008 10:33 AM
Goin To The Junkyard 83five0 5.0 Mustangs 27 January 4th, 2008 12:29 PM
Junkyard Youngin V6 Mustangs 3 July 30th, 2007 11:14 AM