n.o.-xplode and creatine
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old January 8th, 2009, 09:27 PM   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

v606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to v606er

n.o.-xplode and creatine

do any of yall use n.o-xplode before lifting or exercise? it sounds like its good, but it also sounds like it could be bad for you. it says you should drink 120oz of water a day when using it, and after 12 weeks of continued use, stop use for 4 weeks. but what has your experience been with it? how much does it help? how long does it take to kick in, and how long does it last?

also, do yall use creatine? i drink a muscle tech nitro tech hard core (thats whats on the label) protein shake after lifting, but it sounds like creatine does a lot more for building muscle mass. again, what is your experience with creatine?

Originally Posted by BWAL View Post
i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM   #2
MM Fanatic

2007 Mustang GT

PiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by v606er View Post
do any of yall use n.o-xplode before lifting or exercise? it sounds like its good, but it also sounds like it could be bad for you. it says you should drink 120oz of water a day when using it, and after 12 weeks of continued use, stop use for 4 weeks. but what has your experience been with it? how much does it help? how long does it take to kick in, and how long does it last?

also, do yall use creatine? i drink a muscle tech nitro tech hard core (thats whats on the label) protein shake after lifting, but it sounds like creatine does a lot more for building muscle mass. again, what is your experience with creatine?
in my experiences muscletech products are garbage...more money than they are worth. As for NO-Xplode its expensive and also over priced. The effects you feel from it are from the caffeine stimulants. The caffeinie and L-Arginine are what are making you wake up for the gym. When you first start taking it you will probably get a little bit of tunnel vision from the caffeine which will help focus, it wears off after a week. Also try 1-1.5 scoops first time to assess your tolerance. I was taking 3 scoops when I stopped because it wasn't giving me the energy I wanted. Also I had to shit...severely before going to the gym. not what i wanted before I worked out, but that was from the L-Arginine (Nitric Oxide)

The reasoning behind the 12 weeks on 4 weeks off is because of the amount of L-Arginine amino acid. When your body breaks down the L-Arginine (the L in front of an amino acid means its free form) it converts it to nitric oxide. The nitric oxide allows your body to send more nutrients through your blood. Thats why it gives you a good pump when in the gym. It expands your blood and jams more nutrients into the muscles as you work out. However too much of anything is bad for you. The nitric oxide is not too good on your joints, you will feel some stiffness or pain in the joints even if its very slight when you take too much arginine. Thats why they tell you to cycle off, however mostly its to let your body cycle off of the stimulants so that in 4 weeks when you take it again you will feel the "effects"

If you're looking for a good creatine your best bet is to stay with a simple monohydrate however, I use Controlled Labs Green Magnitude, it tastes like sour apple. Real good IMO. I've seen some solid gains with it. I also take a few other supplements like Controlled Labs Purple Wraath which is an amino acids complex and their Glycergrow which is a glycerol based supplement to keep muscles hydrated and build better.

As far as water goes yes make sure you drink a lot, to allow your organs to filter everything out. Also if you're working out, you want to make sure your muscles are hydrated to keep building them and helping them recover. Water is your friend drink as much of it as possible. A gallon to a gallon and a half throughout the day is not difficult.

edit: I know this is a long post, but I posted awhile ago in another thread about how creatine works, I'll try to look for it. I know it's a lot to read but if you want to use supplements it's important to understand how they work with your body and how to compliment your diet with them

here's what I wrote in the gym rats thread:
"Creatine works because our body uses Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) to create energy. When you use your muscle your body burns off a phosphate and creates Adenosine Diphosphate (ADP). Your body can not use the ADP as useful energy until you burn off a carb source to create the extra phosphates to give you more ATP as useful energy. Creatine (phospho creatine atleast, i'm almost sure other creatines work this way too) helps your workouts because it gives the body the extra phosphates for energy. Therefore you are able to pump out that one extra rep in a set, which is extremely important in working out because the more you break a muscle down the better it builds. While some creatines (monohydrates) cause you to hold water, creatine does not actually make you bigger. It's added energy that allows you to break down the muscle more does. Also retaining some water isn't all bad, you want to be hydrated while working out. It allows nutrients and minerals to get into the muscles. All in all I'd say a creatine is possibly the best supplement you can take while working out. People say it makes you big or makes you stronger, that's not actually true. Just be sure to drink a lot of water to stay hydrated"

Last edited by PiggySmallz; January 8th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #3
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

v606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud ofv606er has much to be proud of

that was a very helpful post, piggy. i have a fairly large amount of muscle tech and noexplode at my house now, left by my brother, and my mom bought more of the stuff.

if i begin using creatine, can i still drink the protein shakes, or is that too much suppliment? same question for the no xplode, can i take all three, or would that be bad for me? would i have to drink 2 gallons of water- 1 for creatine, and 1 for noxplode?

i liked the chilean miners before they went all mainstream. i liked them back when they were still underground.
MAD Stangs #8
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM   #4
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

do you take all three of these? Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, Controlled Labs Green Magnitude, Glycergrow

MAD Stangs #8
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #5
Admanistrator

15.10@93.13

another thing about noxplode, it specifically says not to shake the mix, but to stir with a utensil. does it really matter? i always just put the protein mix in a gatorade bottle, then add water and shake when i want to drink it

MAD Stangs #8
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #6
MM Fanatic

2007 Mustang GT

PiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to beholdPiggySmallz is a splendid one to behold

you can take the protein with the no-xplode...but the no-xplode you really only wanna take pre workout, so that you get focused for the gym. The protein is best post workout, a quick digesting protein like Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard Whey. I love the chocolate flavor. The NO-Xplode is only going to give you your pre workout creatine matrix along with the Nitric Oxide. BSN also makes cell mass which is another creatine ethyl ester without the L-Arginine (Nitric Oxide).

you don't need a creatine while taking the NO-Xplode because there is creatine in the NO-Xplode ingredients. Also some people tell you that you need to load a creatine, with a creatine like NO-Xplode, there is no need to load and it lasts in your body longer than a typical creatine monohydrate.

As far as the water goes, one gallon a day is the minimum. You don't need to drink one gallon per supplement. I generally drink 1.5 gallons a day but make sure you can get up to go to the bathroom a lot lol.

I do take all three controlled labs supplements, I also take the white flood which is there Nitric Oxide but I don't take it all the time. I take the Green magnitude with the white flood pre workout...while I'm working out I sip on the purple wraath for added energy from the amino's and post workout and with breakfast I take 2 scoops of the glycergrow. They all do different things so it is ok to mix them, but you also need to know when the best time to take them is.

The no-xplode says not to shake it, because it builds pressure in the bottle. I used to shake it all the time but when I opened the lid on my shaker cup id get a face full of air and creatine LOL. You're better off stirring it but I don't think shaking it will actually ruin the powder and make it less effective

edit: forgot to mention, supplements are great however they are not everything when it comes to working out. 85% of your workouts will be done in the kitchen, the supplements will not replace good nutrition. Keep a good protein healthy diet and you will be fine. I generally take about 1 gram of protein per pound of weight. I weigh about 165 so I take 160-165 grams of protein throughout the day and I eat every 2.5-3 hours. What kind of goals are you looking to achieve? Are you looking to lean out or put on some mass?

Last edited by PiggySmallz; January 9th, 2009 at 01:07 AM.
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:18 AM   #7
The Razor's Edge

White Thunder is a jewel in the roughWhite Thunder is a jewel in the roughWhite Thunder is a jewel in the roughWhite Thunder is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to White Thunder

im not going to read all above....lol

take no exploud with cell mass.....good combo....

i take it with size on

Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
how do you put someones quote in your sig?
Old January 9th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #8
Banned

00 V6 & 09 GT
13.37@104.4mph--BONE stock GT

itschristorres8 has a spectacular aura aboutitschristorres8 has a spectacular aura aboutitschristorres8 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to itschristorres8

Try liberty
they can help
Old January 9th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #9
MM Fanatic

alotta shit
no fat girls fast

qwik48r is a jewel in the roughqwik48r is a jewel in the roughqwik48r is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to qwik48r

i take creatine 189... I never wear out.

DD: Focus ST. Fun in traffic
1994 Turbo LSx swap in progress.
Old January 9th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #10
MM Fanatic

2000 ford mustang GT
I dunno yet

moosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to moosenuk17 Send a message via MSN to moosenuk17 Send a message via Yahoo to moosenuk17

i do no-xplode, cell mass, and syntha-6
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:21 AM   #11
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang V6

04mustang232 is just really nice04mustang232 is just really nice04mustang232 is just really nice04mustang232 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232

I knew piggy would be the first to chime in and give his opinions, but hell, its 8 am and i dont feel like reading hahah.. Chances are that 99% of his statements are correct though.

Here is my opinions:

If your lifting, you should be drinking 120 oz of water per day anyways, even if your NOT taking supplements.

They tell you to take it for x amount of weeks, and then stop for x amount of weeks, so your body doesnt get used to its affects. This keeps your tollerance down so you need 1 scoop instead of 3.

NoXplode is overpriced. There are alot of different brands/companies that make similar products for 1/2 as much.

I dont like creatin, i like staying all natural. I found that when i took a preworkout, protein, and creatin drinks a day that my body started getting "backed up" and i wasnt going to the bathroom as much. Once i started drinking 2 glasses of cranberry juice a day, it fixed all that.

The preworkouts i have taken kick in about 30 minutes after i take it, and last for about 3-4 hours. The feeling is amazing though. Once you get your heart pumping, you feel like an animal and have a ton of energy. I was worried i wouldn't be able to sleep at night and/or my heart or race/pound hard. Nothing like that.

I like preworkout supplements because once i take them, i feel obligated to go to the gym. It really helps you stay on a consistence schedule.

But I cannot stress the following statement enough: Its not about what you take, its about the attitude you carry in the gym.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #12
Regular

1999 GT

99BlackBetty is on a distinguished road

^^^ +1 To Moose Also, you don't shake it because of the fact the gases will be released in the NOxplode, which is one of the reasons you take it to begin with. Syntha-6 is an amazing protein and it tastes great to boot!
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM   #13
Hardcore Enthusiast

2004 Mustang V6

04mustang232 is just really nice04mustang232 is just really nice04mustang232 is just really nice04mustang232 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to 04mustang232

Oh, and moosenuk has good taste. Syntha 6 is by far the best tasting protein you can buy. Better than muscle milk. However, its also super expensive. I like to buy EAS 100% whey protein chocolate. 5lbs for like 30 bucks.

On the whole shake or stir topic, i once shook Nanovapor and it blew the lid off my shaker and coated my entire kitchen with red liquid. I mean it exploded like a fuckin bomb.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #14
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT
SLOWER THAN OLD PEOPLE FUCK..:-(

Traidmarx will become famous soon enoughTraidmarx will become famous soon enough

i've taken no explode in the past and i thought it was junk..it made me feel pumped for about 5-10 mins after that didn't really do anything for me, superpump worked well. I would recommend size on, if you're looking for a creatine supplement. As far as protein i've always used optimum, or muscle milk.

1995 Mustang GT..4.30's,BBK Longtubes, Off Road X-Pipe,Magnaflow Catback,BBK Intake,BBK Underdrive Pulleys Walbro 255lph pump,accel dizzy,MSD Coil,MSD 8.5 Super Conductors,front sway bar removed, more coming soon.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:37 AM   #15
MM Fanatic

2000 ford mustang GT
I dunno yet

moosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the roughmoosenuk17 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to moosenuk17 Send a message via MSN to moosenuk17 Send a message via Yahoo to moosenuk17

HElLS YEA for the taste, i mix it with wilk, bomb ass chocolate milk!

as for the noxplode it works great for me
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #16
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

Traidmarx will become famous soon enoughTraidmarx will become famous soon enough

yes sir muscle milke peanut butter & chocolate FTMFW!!!

1995 Mustang GT..4.30's,BBK Longtubes, Off Road X-Pipe,Magnaflow Catback,BBK Intake,BBK Underdrive Pulleys Walbro 255lph pump,accel dizzy,MSD Coil,MSD 8.5 Super Conductors,front sway bar removed, more coming soon.
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM   #17
The Razor's Edge

White Thunder is a jewel in the roughWhite Thunder is a jewel in the roughWhite Thunder is a jewel in the roughWhite Thunder is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to White Thunder

How you like white flood. I tried. It tastes like poo

Originally Posted by skuzzy View Post
how do you put someones quote in your sig?
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #18
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

you mean white blood??

Old January 9th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #19
Hardcore Enthusiast

2002 Mustang GT
13.538@101.72 before cams&slicks&gears

SteviGX will become famous soon enoughSteviGX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to SteviGX

I love no-xplode. I'm almost through my first tub, I love it. I think it helps with muscle fatigue but most of it is just the caffine boost. It's all about the pump. If you like paying for pump then it's your stuff. I personally will keep buying it because I lift almost 10lbs more per exercise on it then off.
I used Goliath labs GroLoid before this and didn't see anywhere near the efffects that I did with no-xplode. I tried doing the caffine pill thing to see if no-xplode's effectiveness came from that and i didn't see the same result.

As far as creatine, cant take it, something with genetics, dad and myself both get insane headaches when we stack creatine no matter how much water we drink.

As stated above MuscleTech is overpriced garbage. I use bsn syntha 6 with some milk for meal replacement and instead of casein before bed cause that shit tastes like dirt. lol and ON Gold Standard whey post workout.

Mineral Gray Club Member #2

Just your average 22 year old dumbass

If you didn't build your car, and your bragging about it, STFU
Old January 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #20
Hardcore Enthusiast

1995 Mustang GT

Originally Posted by SteviGX View Post
I love no-xplode. I'm almost through my first tub, I love it. I think it helps with muscle fatigue but most of it is just the caffine boost. It's all about the pump. If you like paying for pump then it's your stuff. I personally will keep buying it because I lift almost 10lbs more per exercise on it then off.
I used Goliath labs GroLoid before this and didn't see anywhere near the efffects that I did with no-xplode. I tried doing the caffine pill thing to see if no-xplode's effectiveness came from that and i didn't see the same result.

As far as creatine, cant take it, something with genetics, dad and myself both get insane headaches when we stack creatine no matter how much water we drink.

As stated above MuscleTech is overpriced garbage. I use bsn syntha 6 with some milk for meal replacement and instead of casein before bed cause that shit tastes like dirt. lol and ON Gold Standard whey post workout.

if you're gonna use it for that added energy you get from it that helps with muscle fatigue you might wanna stack it with an L-Glutamine supplement because while you're muscles will have prolonged endurance you're joints won't and you're much more likely to injure a tendon or joint than a muscle.

and i do agree that most muscle tech shit is junk...i tried that nano vapor they made such a big deal about when it came out...and it was junk not to mention it tasted like menthol cigarettes and watered down fruit punch. because it only comes in that shit flavor lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/104646-n-o-xplode-creatine.html
Posted By For Type Date
Are Nitric Oxide Supplements For You? This thread Refback January 10th, 2009 08:00 PM