Will best buy pricematch newegg? - Page 3
Forums at Modded Mustangs
Home Register FAQ Members List Calendar Timeslips Blogs Garage Gallery Auto Loans Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Go Back   Forums at Modded Mustangs > General Forum > The Clubhouse

ModdedMustangs.com is the premier Ford Mustang Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM   #41
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

dude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the rough

wouldnt spend 470 on the d40...way over priced and doesnt have the image stabilization.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM   #42
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

JakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by weems View Post
And the camera has to come from Best Buy. This is the only thing holding me back from jumping on a higher model.
Why?

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:25 PM   #43
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

JakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant futureJakeM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dude496 View Post
wouldnt spend 470 on the d40...way over priced and doesnt have the image stabilization.
It doesn't buy my Nikkor lenses do.

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:27 PM   #44
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

dude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the roughdude496 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Towelly View Post
It doesn't buy my Nikkor lenses do.
just talking about out of the box price...any vr lense will work just fine on the d40.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM   #45
Tech Exchange Head Honcho

Slow Acura

weems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud of

I was hoping to get them to price match amazon or newegg.

Why?
Best Buy Card.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #46
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

I was hoping to get them to price match amazon or newegg.
Dont think its gonna happen...

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
If you made your purchase in a Best Buy store, and you find an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price, plus 10% of the difference. Internet-only retailers are exempt from our price matching program, as well as Web-exclusive offers. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the competitor's store. For purchases made online at BestBuy.com, please refer to the Online Price Guarantee on BestBuy.com.

BestBuy.com Help:
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM   #47

Slow Acura

weems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud ofweems has much to be proud of

Dont think its gonna happen...

Does Best Buy match prices of Internet retailers?
If you made your purchase in a Best Buy store, and you find an Internet retailer with a local retail store honoring its own online prices, we'll match their price, plus 10% of the difference. Internet-only retailers are exempt from our price matching program, as well as Web-exclusive offers. Eligible items must be the same brand and model, and currently in stock at the competitor's store. For purchases made online at BestBuy.com, please refer to the Online Price Guarantee on BestBuy.com.

BestBuy.com Help:
Yeah but I called and talked to a manager, he said he would possibly match amazon, but not newegg.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:39 PM   #48
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

Yeah but I called and talked to a manager, he said he would possibly match amazon, but not newegg.
Reason he could possibly price match amazon is because there might be a local store that has the amazon price. Best buy can be a real pain in the ass about price matching. You might get lucky and get a cool manager...definatly worth a shot. Still would spend the extra couple bucks and get the d60 though.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM   #49
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

Looks like your route has been chosen for you then. The D60 is probably the best bang for buck on the best buy front. But if you can't spend the extra 100 then the D40 is your next best bet seeing as how the Rebel XTI and XS are both like $50 more than even the D60.

If you can, go to a local camera shop and talk them into quoting you a low price. Tell them that if you can get the Camera from best buy you will come to them for the lenses.

Plus the D40 doesn't have a auto sensor cleaner so you either have to have that done or do it yourself. If you buy stuff from a local shop they will likely do that for you whenever you want for free.

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:41 PM   #50
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Location: Looking for free hand jobs in poland springs nebraska... silly gooses
Onemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to behold

Plus the D40 doesn't have a auto sensor cleaner so you either have to have that done or do it yourself. If you buy stuff from a local shop they will likely do that for you whenever you want for free.
auto sensor cleaner? Pentax... what?!

eff it, bought a wrx, finally.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:43 PM   #51
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

Originally Posted by Onemanzu View Post
auto sensor cleaner? Pentax... what?!
Hehe... Yeah. Thats the only thing I really dont' like about my D40. Its not a difficult process to clean it though. Still, Nikkor Lenses > * . \

P.S. The D60 does have a auto sensor cleaner. I'm fairly certain the standard D40 is the only nikon without a auto sensor cleaner.

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM   #52
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

Onemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to beholdOnemanzu is a splendid one to behold

Pentax lenses are bad ass. Zeiss dominates though...

Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM   #53
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

Originally Posted by Onemanzu View Post
Pentax lenses are bad ass. Zeiss dominates though...
Zeiss is good but I still prefer Nikkor. The only reason is the price. The Zeiss glass, in my opinion, is marked up in price a bit for the name. Also, Zeiss is like a the "Designer" glass company. They are great! But you better be willing to spend a small fortune. Not that Nikkor is cheap though.

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:52 PM   #54

Slow Acura

I guess I am just not going to get one. There is no sense in dropping that much on a d40 if it is not up to standards.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 03:59 PM   #55

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm lovin' my D40. I've seen it advertised with the standard kit lens for $369. I'll dig it up. You really shouldn't decide on price. You should decide on something your most comfortable with. It would suck to get something because its cheap just to find out you can't stand the controls. Also, you need something that excepts good glass. Thats really the biggest thing in my book.

Edit: Price went back up at that store... Holy christ teh D60 is getting cheap.......
I have the D60. I just got it 1-2 months ago. Spent $550 for the body, standard lens, and a nice zoom lens.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #56

Slow Acura

Maybe someone with a dslr will want an xbox soon.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM   #57

2003 Grand Cherokee

03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute03SonicBoom has a reputation beyond repute

Hehe... Yeah. Thats the only thing I really dont' like about my D40. Its not a difficult process to clean it though. Still, Nikkor Lenses > * .

P.S. The D60 does have a auto sensor cleaner. I'm fairly certain the standard D40 is the only nikon without a auto sensor cleaner.
Sorry for the double post. Yes the D60 does have the auto sensor cleaning. Every time you turn it on and off it cleans the sensor (at least that's what the screen tells me).
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:07 PM   #58
Hardcore Enthusiast

04 Mustang GT

The auto sensor cleaning is just a very slight vibration of the lens to knock off dust...the camera will still need to be properly cleaned from time to time.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM   #59
BWAL Is My Hero

1986 Mustang GT Vert!
TBD

I guess I am just not going to get one. There is no sense in dropping that much on a d40 if it is not up to standards.
The D40 is probably the best entry level DSLR to get if you want to get into a more expensive camera down the road. Even more so if you plan on sticking with Nikon Most of the standard features and controls that are on the D40 are still present on the really expensive DSLR's.

But, if you plan on keeping it forever, I'd step up a level. I plan on upgrading to either a D90 or a D300 in the future and I will still keep my D40 because it is so simple to just pick it up, adjust and shoot. Plus, its REALLY light for a DSLR.

*My YouTube channel*
Old February 2nd, 2009, 04:39 PM   #60
ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn

VWvortex Forums: Can someone help me with a camera purchase

read that, its rather funny to see what other young kids that don't know shit think...

not saying y'all don't know shit... we collectively could dominate their intelligence... but still, some almost valid ideas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Forums at Modded Mustangs forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/clubhouse/108357-will-best-buy-pricematch-newegg.html
Posted By For Type Date
fumfie.com - Sites Linking in - from Alexa This thread Refback April 13th, 2010 12:55 AM

Threads Similar to: Will best buy pricematch newegg?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
buy a rotating assembly to make a 298stroker or just buy a livernois 298 stroker? navyman8903 2005 - 2010 56 October 27th, 2008 01:58 PM
Buy a 93,95 or wait and buy a new vette? Got the itch 1911A1 5.0 Mustangs 14 August 8th, 2008 02:53 AM
what should i buy njstang 99 - 04 20 May 17th, 2008 03:17 AM
where to buy whitefox89 5.0 Mustangs 3 November 25th, 2007 11:27 PM
Good Buy or Bad Buy mustang1072 V6 Mustangs 10 February 2nd, 2007 10:57 AM